How did they get away with making the same rival twice

How did they get away with making the same rival twice

Attached: mqqbc2ukm8451.jpg (291x173, 13.46K)

hop is more competent and actually caught a legendary. hau just got pushed aside in favor of the lillie family

Because Galar is a shithole with no identity outside of stealing from better regions, and Pokemon fans are domesticated retard who have no standards.

They didn't. It was pointed out when Hop was announced

Pokemon fans eat shit and that's what Gamefreak gives 'em.

Say it again without Any Forums buzzwords.

>XDDD MALASADAS
>XDDD BRO IS A CHAMP
Hau could be an excellent friend, i imagine Hop being the kind of kid that is always telling you that his brother is le champ.

Hop is MALASADAS!!!!!1! so doesn't count

literally why are you on the pokemon board if youre shitting on fans of the franchise whos BOARD YOU ARE ON

FUCK OFF

*Hau

Hau is the gayest rival in the series i was so fucking angry when they made him again

Their base personalities are similar, but their roles in the story and development paths are completely different.

gen 8 is nothing to write home about but i hate Alola more

if hau were in a school or casual settling he'd probably just be a cool character to hang out with but he just doesn't fit the role of someone you're supposed to compete against, especially when lillie also exists
first battle against his raichu almost filtered me

>AAA devs are lazy
Gee, what a shocker. I heard that water is wet too.

Attached: RecycledAssets.jpg (780x470, 137.28K)

>Gamefreak
>AAA

user this is your second strike, go back to Any Forums

>go back to Any Forums
I can't. I would if I could, but I'm currently banned on Any Forums for two more days.

>NOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE CUT CORNERS IN MY HECKIN GAMERINOOOOOOO
i bet you squealed when you saw Magnemite with that basic bitch Unity stock shine in the SV trailer too
faggot

Same way they got away with making the same game 20 years

I don't feel like they are similar at all. I enjoyed Hop's company more because he is actually relevant to the story and amles the attempt to compete against you even if he fails at it, all rivals are losers anyway. If you are saying it because of pic related, you must know thats your typical anime pose

Attached: 2-01-34-06.png (1280x720, 584.59K)

Pokemon is the highest grossing franchise of all time

>Hop is enthusiastic about Pokemon because of Leon
>Hau is a lazy casual and just wants to chill

They really aren't that similar.

Attached: Hop.png (975x613, 719.96K)