How useful are these certifications from companies like Cisco, Microsoft, &Google...

How useful are these certifications from companies like Cisco, Microsoft, &Google? Seems weird they would even be allowed to do this?

Attached: cisco-banner.png (1000x300, 72.67K)

What are you talking about? Why wouldn’t they be allowed to give out certifications for their own software?

If you work in IT they are more useful than most degrees because they are way quicker and cheaper to get and show the employer that you have learnt some skills that are actually relevant to the job.

CCIE makes you a God wtf are you talking about OP

Hello, Oracle Java professional here. Bow down to me.

Attached: download.png (225x225, 6.49K)

I make 110k as system/network administrator 10yrs exp. I got a sec + cert recently but no one cared. Most certs can be scamed with brain dumps getting all the questions that will be on test and memorizing the answers. Though I think about getting ccna and stuff just to validate myself for confidence. Generally I learn/google whatever I need in the moment and discard the info pretty quickly once done. Most companies just hire a consultant to do all the heavy lifting. I just keep things going and do whatever said consultant tells me to do. Nothing is guarenteed . Get a degree in literally anything. Its basically an expensive HS diploma at this point. You learn nothing in HS or college. They just like to see you can jump thru hoops and they will pretend your degree some how prepared you for the job.

Attached: 1657761253949.jpg (576x1024, 62.31K)

>If you work in IT they are more useful than most degrees because they are way quicker and cheaper to get and show the employer that you have learnt some skills that are actually relevant to the job.
Tue but you really need to be in the top 5% of your field to get good money, most end up at help desk tier or NOC monkeys. A degree can be useful if you want to pivot in to a more managerial role (i.e. whip the monkeys).

>Hello, Oracle Java professional here. Bow down to me.
Poo in da loo y8pp48

I got the comptia a+ recently. So far getting my foot in the door has been hard because the amount of experience people expect is kind of insane. I'm on the fence about getting another cert before I get a job because I feel like that is the priority over just hanging out studying forever and slowly dwindling my bank account. I learned a lot getting the A+ but so far it hasn't translated into anything

They are an incredibly cost efficient alternative to a degree, especially since employers tend to pay for them and a great way to break into an entry level job. I dragged myself out of poverty into 6 figures with them.

U need to work at a shitty call center, shitty MSP, or POS point of sale . Pos company likes retards witb restaurant exp and knows how to turn shit on and off again. Stop trying to work for google and microsoft and you can get a job.

comptia is kinda bad it's a shoe in the door yes but it's the minimal shoe in the door
you have to view these as an investment to transition from actual wageslavery to a career

Certs probably make more sense if you're trying to get into the field, degrees make more sense if you're trying to go up.
>get a degree in anything
You mean get a degree in stem, spending 80k on a women's studies degree would be stupid.

Hello sir

My friend got a psy degree (basically a degree in women studies) He did IT bullahit joba leanred to code and works for top 500 company.

Spending 80k ? Just go to a shit hole school. I spent 30k and graduated in 2020.

It sounds like you just want to be negative and see everything as a dead end. It does look scary outside but if you dont try you have already failed.

I never got any certs or degree and was working in IT. I even got a job at HP. Im willing to bet im not some special genius. Or maybe i am. You tell me.

It's basically a sticker that says you can use their software at an expert level. Very useful since you know, every company utilizes that software.

Oh and i got a /biz degree. Brother in law a biz degree and be works with engineers in construcrion

>bullahit
>/biz
>biz
>I got a job at HP with no skills
>don't rain on my parade bro
You are literally retarded I bet you work in sales.

what your degree is in really isn't that important a lot of the time you just need a degree
of course if you are going to spend 3+ years in education an spend a lot of money for the privilege then you might as well do a real degree not a complete meme

Are you mad at my grammar im phone posting on a walk at 3am . I do system administator and networking make 6 figs. Though if you can do sales you will make even more than me. Good luck out there. Been nothing but nice to you. Sorry your life is shit. I tried extra hard to not fat finger this time just for you.

I’m studying for my CCNA currently and I’m wondering what else I need to do to get a job asap? I’m also 2.5 years away from graduating with my comp sci degree. I JUST WANT A JOB BROS IM NOT MISSING THE BULL RUN AGAIN I NEED MORE MONEEEEEEEEY

it's a scam

They are useful if you want a job in some corporate wagehell or want to convince gullible boomers that you're good at tech. Other than that, their value is zero.
t. self-employed IT chad who makes a shitload with no certifications

Why are you waiting to get a job just get one now. Worst thing u spend 2.5 yrs looking and learning how to interview and what is required to get hired. Instead of asking retards on a basket weaving site.

/thread

>self-employed IT chad who makes a shitload with no certifications
What exactly did you learn that helped you get your foot in the door? How did you learn?
I guess so. A lot of the positions I’m seeing posted typically require experience but if I throw enough shit at the wall something is bound to stick

Kek, white western European here. My livelyhood is Java + Spring(boot). The entire corporate world is connected through API's and it's making me good money.