Why is this setting so fun to immerse yourself in?

Why is this setting so fun to immerse yourself in?
Do you guys have OC characters/self inserts or whatever you like to dream up? Post em here

Attached: ash.jpg (1280x720, 194.28K)

Attached: BrJpN0RCMAAXWWA.png (767x767, 549.61K)

>Why is this setting so fun to immerse yourself in?
The first reason is because the world is noblebright. People have an excellent standard of living. Nature is healthy and intact. There's no political strife or cultural division. There's no war or government oppression. The closest thing there is to crime are the evil teams, who are either too incompetent or benign too take seriously. The Pokédex makes mention that Pokémon themselves can pose a danger to humans, but we rarely actually see this happen in the games or anime. Regardless of your personal feelings about the modern real world or how it could be made better, you probably agree that the Pokémon world is better in every way.
The second reason while Pokémon is a utopia, it isn't a boring one. There's still challenges to be overcome, adventures to be undertaken, and wonders to be awed by.
The third reason is the Pokémon themselves, which is essentially the special feature that makes the Pokémon world not just idyllic, but special. The first two reasons I gave apply to countless other fictional universes, but it's the fact that you can experience this world alongside your giant dragonfly or haunted chandelier that sets Pokémon apart. That's the part that makes you go from "I guess that'd be a nice place to live" to "I have fantasies about getting transported here".
>Do you guys have OC characters/self inserts or whatever you like to dream up?
I'd actually want to be one the Pokémon. Specifically a Serperior that's married to a Milotic

Attached: 350 497 milotic serperior (67).jpg (1168x752, 211.76K)

I don't because I haven't played every pokemon game.

I enjoy gardening and help my family run a floral shop so I guess by extension that has always made me autistic with grass types. So I just think being a gardener in Pokeland would be super cozy, hanging out with all my grass mons.

Attached: Goh_Floette.png (1920x1069, 3.33M)

AAAAAA

Attached: 1652833906462_50.jpg (1566x1215, 380.47K)

GigaChad explorer OC, originally from Alola, who goes to all regions to do whatever he wants. Team:
>Swampert
>Arcanine
>Corviknight
>Alolan Raichu
>Alolan Ninetales
>Zarude

Attached: anime team.jpg (1003x559, 108.15K)

i started my journey in kanto. the only pokemon professor oak had left to give me was a rare pokemkn from johto: totodile. my team consisted of:
>feraligatr
>gengar
>jolteon
>pinsir
>exeggutor
>houndoom

Roselia
Leafeon
Floette
Gossifleur
Lilligant
Bounsweet

Well i love to imagine that I'm a Pokemon Breeder and i live the everyday life with them. We do some gardening, cooking, and lift together and stuff or simply going out for a walk together.
I like to make bonds with them.

Attached: 6e68f257be2fd2d51b5537d8449382ee.png (1200x1612, 1.53M)

Marry

My main pair of OC characters just kinda do the Ash thing and travel to each region challenging the League, although I try to make sure they actually age and grow over that time instead of being some immortal 10yo vampire.
I have a few other minor characters that aren't as fleshed out, and a whole new region/league setting (based on wondering what an anime based on nuzlocke rules would look like) that is still kinda barebones

It's fun

3 on top for pets and cuddles
3 on the bottom for battles and comp

Attached: a228d2f9-ce5b-45c6-b138-bde75a75180d.png (256x168, 18.27K)

Obviously an edgy mercenary working for a dark organization. Most of my mons are hand picked to do specific tasks.

Citra's lineup is as follows;
Oricorio
Rapidash
buneary
Masquerain
She isn't much of a trainer; her lineup is focused around Pokemon contests even though that dream fell through and she doesn't compete

Attached: Citra.png (2048x1536, 728.47K)

That too, i dream of having a big family

bump

Start journey in Lavender. Agatha is grandma. Hate Pokémon because moms Arcanine is a cunt and Granny is scary as fuck. Agatha is salty about Oaks grandson being a successful champion so myself and a couple of other “leftovers” (kid from the saffron dojo determined to become a fighting gym leader and a qt3:16 Eevee trainer) with Ghastly as starter. Slowly assemble team and learn important lessons along the way.
>Gengar (starter gift from Agatha)
Trolls the fuck out of me and teaches me to lighten the fuck up
>Alakazam
Literally only caught to be the opposite of Ghastly. Eventually learn lessons about calmness and not running away
>Gyarados
Caught as a Magikarp. Teaches lessons about patience because shitty things can turn into greatness. Kinda acts like Ash’s Charizard and is hard to control. Eventually teaches a lesson about anger
>Arcanine
Egg gift from mom. Hate it because Arcanine was a twat. Teaches a lesson about loyalty and frenship
>Raichu
Because Ash was too big of a bitch to ever use the Thunderstone
>Aerodactyle
Needed a flyer and wanted a rock type. Comes with cool science and history lessons from Blaine.

>Why is this setting so fun to immerse yourself in?
Because it always sounded to me the idea of exploring the world with a team of magical creatures that you trained and befriended along the way.

And this is the main reason why my self-insert goes to Kanto because as a kid he always wanted to do a Pokémon journey. He tried to do that for a month during a summer but he left after getting one badge because of school stuff. During the trip he remembered that he wanted to specialize on water type Pokémon and he starts to do that too. At this point he has a team of 12-15 Pokémons from Gen1-2, 50% of those are water type, the other 50% are Pokémons that I like. Some months later he goes to Hoenn, here he gets involved in an adventure where he isn't the protagonist since it isn't the focus of his journey, during this events he goes to Sinnoh too. However he only get 8 badges and he doesn't try to challenge the Elite 4 since they're too strong for his team. During the journey he realize that he will never do everything that he wished to do as a kid in a reasonable amount of time. Because of this reason he returns to home to do a normal life (cultivating the trainer related stuff as a hobby) when he feels satisfied that he has completed the main things that he wanted to do, without any regret of having lost an opportunity to make his dream come true.

>pokemon world is le utopia
just say you're boring

Attached: 1651188367813.jpg (600x599, 33.27K)