Peak Soul

Gen 2 is peak soul. It improved on the formula without taking anything away.
>The Pokémon designs were cute, simple and well executed.
>The starter Pokémon were still monsters and didn’t have giant round heads.
>The music is instantly recognizable for the right reasons.
>The game features two regions with 16 total gym leaders.
>Introduced the extremely comfy day and night cycle that some recent soulless games don’t even have.
>Also had week days with events rewarding you for taking your time on your adventure.
>Plenty of caves and structures with many floors to get lost in finding key items.
>Pokeball crafting system way ahead of its time.
>Difficult to find, and catch legendary Pokémon that all have extremely neat/cool designs and mythos.
>Introduced shiny Pokémon with the perfect freebie for players in a fan favorite- Gyarados.
>Gym leaders were just as memorable, some arguably more than Gen 1. Now there’s like two per game.
I could list eighty more reasons why GSC are peak soul and the greatest games, but this is enough. I love Gen 2.

Attached: 93F0EA53-7822-4599-BB3D-2069939E90C7.png (640x288, 5.89K)

dont care gsc is still shit

> dont care gsc is still shit

Attached: 43C92291-9DF0-4AC3-88EB-243499002D4A.png (2400x1386, 1.29M)

I like that the region gives you options on where to go next. You can go to lake of rage and fight pyrce as soon as you get surf but most wouldn't do that because curing the ampharos seems the most logical next step at that point. There's also the side caves like union cave depths, mt. mortar and dark cave.
Don't have to do them at all but you can for a different experience on replaying

Gen 2 is definitely Stardew Valley Pokemon edition.

Plenty of items and fun stuff to farm over the course of the week, daily Mystery Gift, Bug Catching Contest every couple of days, boat adventure on Wednesdays and Sundays, trainers that call you for rematches or just a comfy chat, or to give you items.

Every Pokemon game since then has felt more artificial and less like a 'real' world, precisely because the above features were scrapped/not built upon.

>after GS put charizard in the intro cutscene
for shame

Based taste havers
Mad

Why do Job to fans so consistently rely on meaningless buzzwords in discussion? If you feel nostalgia or whatever and like the game, just say you like it and want to talk about it, don't waste everyone's time pretending it's anything more than that.

Maybe he just thinks it's a good game despite being nostalgic for it

Just because you don’t understand why something is soulless or not doesn’t mean it’s a buzzword

>don't waste everyone's time
How is OP "wasting your time" by increasing activity on what is considered one of the slower boards on the site? Are you a moderator lmao

>create a thread on a Pokemon board about a Pokemon game
>NOOOOOO STOP SAYING BUZZWORDS
Lmao dude calm down, if you don't like Gen 2, just don't click on Gen 2 threads. Why did you purposefully come into a thread about something you don't like just to get triggered?

Johto fans drag posts they don't like here from multiple other sites just to complain, why shouldn't others be allowed to make similar comments?

>Gen 2 is peak soul. It improved on the formula without taking anything away.
>>The Pokémon designs were cute, simple and well executed.
>>The starter Pokémon were still monsters and didn’t have giant round heads.
>>The music is instantly recognizable for the right reasons.
>>The game features two regions with 16 total gym leaders.
>>Introduced the extremely comfy day and night cycle that some recent soulless games don’t even have.
>>Also had week days with events rewarding you for taking your time on your adventure.
>>Plenty of caves and structures with many floors to get lost in finding key items.
>>Pokeball crafting system way ahead of its time.
>>Difficult to find, and catch legendary Pokémon that all have extremely neat/cool designs and mythos.
>>Introduced shiny Pokémon with the perfect freebie for players in a fan favorite- Gyarados.
>>Gym leaders were just as memorable, some arguably more than Gen 1. Now there’s like two per game.
>I could list eighty more reasons why GSC are peak soul and the greatest games, but this is enough. I love Gen 2.

Attached: 1648325152145.gif (676x707, 39.31K)

Because those posts from other websites are usually blind hate, or trolling from e-celebs that unfairly impacts the image of the games (for example, PChalTV gaslighting his fans into thinking Whitney has Clefable instead of Miltank).

This is just a comfy Gen 2 thread that you invaded and ruined. You and the other Johto detractors are the problem, not us.

Attached: 1641567899136.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

I liked how your mom would buy you room decorations if you saved up enough money, and you could decorate your room with them.

I watched a video the other day that was listing the most expensive items in every Pokémon region, and I was dissapointed to see that they missed the Snorlax doll in GSC. If I recall correctly, you need £100,000 saved up with your mom, which at that point may trigger the purchase for £40,000. In my Gold copy, I somehow managed to get it without knowing it even existed.

Nice edited image. Here is the original version that actually makes sense.

Attached: 1648068222735.png (1920x1080, 804.84K)

Attached: johtochads.png (1920x1080, 838.05K)

I didn't say that at all, nice try.

I said that people are lying about Gen 2 which is true. I'm also saying that this is a comfy Gen 2 thread and you are trying to ruin it, so you and other detractors are clearly the problem here.

>I get to complain because everybody else is wrong and bad! Nobody else can complain about my posts because I'm right!
Do you not hear how insane that sounds?

>actually deleted his post
Lmao, nice.

>I didn't say that
You say you can't ignore the anti-johto posts because you don't like them, but expect anyone who doesn't like your defensive spam to just ignore it and let you continue, how is that not hypocritical?

I made a small typo, and knowing this board that would lead to the point being ignored, so I rewrote it as soon as the page would let me.

>You say you can't ignore the anti-johto posts because you don't like them
They deserved to be called out because they are lies
>but expect anyone who doesn't like your defensive spam to just ignore it
This thread is not defensive spam, it's just a guy saying how much he likes Gen 2. So now if we say we like Gen 2 and want to discuss it on the board, we're being "defensive"? Lmfao, you detractors are completely delusional.

>they deserve to be called out because they're lies
And OP deserves to be called out because he is using buzzwords. Don't see why there's a disagreement happening here.

fpbp

user every single game since GSC except for let’s go and ruby/sapphire/emerald has had a day/night cycle
it does absolutely get credit for introducing the idea, though, it’s rad except when it makes completing the dex a pain in the ass sometimes, damn honey trees

i forgot flrg lol
no incarnation of kanto has a day/night cycle