I can't believe we've reached a point in this series's lifespan where these have become the least problematic games

I can't believe we've reached a point in this series's lifespan where these have become the least problematic games.

Attached: redandblue.png (474x211, 246.33K)

>A just observation, my lord liege. Late...! Is the hour in which these new games choose to appear! "Shitgen" I name thee. Ill gens are an ill guest.

Attached: 1645475242395.jpg (500x425, 51.11K)

>twitter buzzword
thread discarded

>problematic is a twitter buzzword
it's a shitlib shibboleth

HGSS be the worst Pokemon games in the whole franchise doe

I'll take the bait.
They are literally the most problematic games since everything that is still wrong with the franchise because is still lives under its shadow instead of aiming forward.

Nah, HGSS is one of the best for sure. But again, it's not perfect either.

these are actually the best games

Not really. A flaw in Red/Blue that everyone can agree on is the outdated shitty inventory system for your items.

I can't believe I become unironically similar to a genwunner

I mean sure, but my point with the OP was that other gens will constantly incite shitposting and genwars, but Gen 1 tends to be pretty chill outside of Charizard seething.

>when you see the light but shade your eyes

Attached: 1649406996731.jpg (500x326, 14.62K)

I can't believe we live in a time where Johto is being dogpiled by twitter, twitch streamers, and poketubers, all (besides Merrick, I guess) too young to have even played the games as kids when they came out now.

>genwunners don't constantly incite shitposting and genwars
Lol.
Lololol even

zoomies are literally sauron's new orcs that can move in day light

You mean 10 years ago?

Honestly I agree. BDSP matched it in the bug department, but at least RB had a balanced EXP All

>I'll just replay red a-again

Attached: 1653092599756.jpg (400x400, 20.71K)

To be honest these limitations made it more interesting to replay for me than later gens. Figuring out what items I may be needing in near future and what I can drop to PC or sell adds some depth to the game that is missing in modern Pokemon.

Modern Pokemon games are shit but Poke-celebrities need to make them good because their survival is depending on success of this franchise. They can't shit on Gen 1 because it's teh classic so they shit on second oldest thing.

there's no depth to that

And thanks to how much this franchise glorifies Pokemania, it's especially easy to shit on Johto and Hoenn because both are perceived to have "killed" Pokemania (even though the killer is a lot more complicated than a single cause).