Third Versions

Explain to me how the right is supposed to be better than the left.

Attached: third versions.png (663x366, 372.96K)

Because the right is new controversial product while the left is old beloved product. I get a lot of attention defending the one on the right and shitting on the one on the left.

Why would I pay full-price for DLC when I can just buy DLC for a fraction of the price of the base game?

The DLC model is effectively the same as a third version, except it doesn't invalidate the base game.

Because... Because it just is ok!

This. Allowing people to take their original investment further into the established scenario is better than forcing everyone to start anew.
It's interesting Nintendo also explicitly mentioned the Expansion Pass as the major cause of its increased DLC performance last year in their financial report. They don't do numbers, but if it even sold half of what the base game had sold at that time, it would have comfortably outsold all released third versions at that time, with those extra sales being people who wouldn't have bought the third version, because it meant having to start from scratch again.

This, third versions are only better if you deliberately avoid buying the first version and wait years for them to release another version with LE EBIN ADDITIONAL POSTGAME CONTENT like an autist, at which point the hype will be long over and everyone else will have moved on. It's a terrible model both from the consumers perspective and TPCs perspective since it basically encourages people to not buy the initial versions. I doubt they've dropped it entirely, they just don't want it to be predictable so people will still buy the unfinished version.

Something something you buy the forst one twice!!!
....yet if you bought Diamond and Platinum is still cheaper and you have TWO runs.

>....yet if you bought Diamond and Platinum is still cheaper and you have TWO runs.
Inflation says you're mathematically incorrect

Calling third versions DLC is retarded.

>Release unfinished game for full price
>Release the finished product a year later also for full price

How is that not DLC?

>old system is better because DS games are cheaper than switch games

Okay, so you'll still prefer 3rd versions when it comes to buying two $90 games? TWO runs man!

>but I would just wait for the 3rd version
No you fucking wouldn't. You'd buy SV on release day like you bought every other game on release, and then buy it again when they re-release the same game but with move tutors, two new locations and a new NPC.

Wrong

SWSH is newer.
Sinnohfags have stockholm syndrome because they slander their own games (DP) to promote an obscure third version as GOAT.

Actually correct, but you zoomies don't understand how money works in the real world.

Yeah that crazy 07-09 inflation really adds a huge chunk to the price

Attached: Screenshot_20220520-102515~2.png (1017x810, 107.3K)

>This, third versions are only better if you deliberately avoid buying the first version
That's what literally every rational person does.

LMFAO YOU RETARD
I meant that 80 dollars spent back then is more than the equivalent of 90 dollars spent a few years ago. lmfao, you really don't understand how money works

Newer

Its still not, just stfu

NTA but...

Attached: Screenshots_2022-05-20-11-48-10.png (816x663, 74.75K)

I love watching people realize they're not only wrong, but completely misunderstood what was even being talked about, so they just cope and seethe. Good shit

Attached: Yummy Tears.jpg (600x524, 36.17K)

This, I never liked swsh but DLC should've been a thing for the franchise like 10 years ago.

Because right is what [brand] is currently doing and you MUST support [brand] at all costs

Never mind I' retarded.

Well, the left side has free online