What is Alola's identity as a region?

What is Alola's identity as a region?

Attached: from the minute you start the game.png (3882x2195, 1.88M)

the whole point is to mirror the commercials that show a japanese exchange student traveling to hawaii

kantonian vacation resort

Hawai, with nip, especially kanto, influences.
Your MC is moving from kanto too, which serves in his coming of age journey through the islands.

I-Is that!?
K-Kanto!?
Oh my, I'm gonna...
I'm gonna...
I'm gonna...
KAAAANNNNTOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sinnoh, duh. Look at all those Sinnoh characters and Sinnoh references

Attached: Screen_20Shot_202016-10-27_20at_204.13.23_20PM.0.jpg (1400x1400, 300.53K)

the hawaiian-inspired setting and the island challenge
thats about it tho
could've made for something memorable but the route design is so basic and the island challenge lacks so much potential

i would say tho, it makes sense for the protag's room to have so much kanto shit in it, they just moved to alola from kanto

Being Kanto's cumdump is an identity

Why do Sinnohtards and borties keep seething at Kanto not realizing why their region sucks and nobody remembers it?

Hawaii, summer, holidays, etc. Honestly the region itself is one of my favorites but the game routes suck.

Tropical Kanto knockoff

Celebrating all gens as the anniversary games

Attached: aafe32d5d765a6ff9631049781391f4f318f636c_hq.jpg (574x458, 43.11K)

Pic unrelated

Where's my Johto celebration?

Pic very much related

Attached: Battletree.jpg (1280x720, 488.12K)

Johto is part of Kanto

You mean west Kanto? Red and Blue

HGSS.
No reason to play the shit gen 7 game with no identity.

does this mean mallow is Kiawe's pokemon

this post made me erect

S-STANDO POWA!

Attached: stand.png (386x667, 586.64K)

Yeah that’s why there is someone that goes out of their way to to tell you the border between Johto and Kanto
>do you know what you just did, you’ve taken your first step into Kanto (a statement that only makes sense becaue you’ve been in Johto, a different region, for the entire game up to this poin)
PLAY THE GAME.

It's not officially part of Kanto, but it might as well be. It even shares the same league

A vacation spot

Idk the Totem Pokemon, trials instead of gyms, the fact theres no league until the end, Z crystals, first game for regional forms, its an entirely different region than all past gens.