Unknown beta Pokémon facts

Did you know that Game Freak had thought of giving an evolution for Piloswine and Yanma in the second generation? Except then the developers change their minds in the development phase of the games and decided to cancel these two evolutionary lines, and subsequently invent in the fourth generation Mamoswine and Yanmega!

It is not the first time that such a thing has happened in the beta of gold and silver, in the demo of the Spaceworld 97 there were also the scrapped evolutions of Lickytung, Tangela and Leafeon, as well as the scrapped prevolution of Mr. Mime.

Curiosity: in the learn sets of Mamoswine, Yanmega and Tangrowth these Pokémon learn the second generation move: Acient Power, even if at least two of the three Pokémon do not belong to any ancient era, could be a reference to that "ancient or old period of development of Pokémon Gold and Silver where they were discarded. "

Source of this information: tcrf.net/Development:Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver/Pokémon_Data/Cut_Pokémon

Attached: image.png (2301x1709, 3.22M)

Very nice

Wow that's pretty interesting, I guess they also had a brief idea for little old Yanma to evolve. I wonder if they even had the idea of Mamoswine and Yanmega's (and Tangrowth's) "prehistoric" theme at that point, although it kinda just seems like conceptualization more than anything really concrete

Move-based evolutions weren't even an idea until far later anyway so I guess they would've just been totally different mons. I wonder what they would've been like

Itt it's 2018

Attached: 1588132378180.png (496x1808, 220.68K)

>2 glooms
huh

Just a cut sprite found in the data, same as the main one but with the shit pile

My money is on Pincurchin having a discarded evolution too. And we will eventually see it

>Curiosity: in the learn sets of Mamoswine, Yanmega and Tangrowth these Pokémon learn the second generation move: Acient Power, even if at least two of the three Pokémon do not belong to any ancient era, could be a reference to that "ancient or old period of development of Pokémon Gold and Silver where they were discarded. "

Incorrect. Giant dragonflies are a prehistoric creature as well as Woolly Mammoths. Two out of three make sense, Tangrowth is the exception but it could be an attempt at associating it with prehistoric plants like Cycads. The three Ancient Power evolutions are more likely a coincidence that occurred because those three Pokemon had shitty BSTs because they all had evolutions cut (Even Tangela, despite hailing from Gen 1, like Seadra it's Sp. Def was significantly lowered because it was supposed to evolve now, but then the Tangela evolution was cut and the Sp. Def was never restored to anything close to the original value).

Very nice

Didn’t Bergmite and Avalugg have some scrapped extra stage? And it took the SWSH prototype files of their initial codenames to learn about this.

I have a feeling that silver Dog pokemon could've been the mascot of Silver instead of Lugia (and the leader of the three canines while Ho-oh in charge of the birds).

Prototype Rayquaza dex entries with an interpretation of the design.

Attached: E0JLKb5VEAQJdGi.jpg (1200x675, 145.26K)

Two scrapped gen 3 Pokemon dex entries, it was replaced by Torkoal if i remember correctly.

Attached: EYy5RNNWoAAKVP4.png (686x437, 19.61K)

Unused Shroomish sprite.

Attached: 3138-iso1.jpg (1167x777, 139.68K)

>Itt it's 2018
But half of the Pokemon in that pic are from the 2020 source leaks. Most of those weren't in the SW97 leak from 2018.

Could have inspired Solgaleo or Hisuian Arcanine later?

I think that growlite pre-evo with the horn inspired the hisuian line.

It’s a pun on gloom’s Japanese name with the Japanese word for “shit”.

Yeah, it would’ve had a middle stage that was cut. Avalugg’s internal name is like “Bergmite3” which is how people know

It isn’t explicitly stated, but it is mentioned that Shuckle has an evolution programmed that goes nowhere. An early theory that people were able to piece together is that beta shuckle evolved into then beta Dunsparce.

Shuckle is based off of Snake wine, where you stick a live snake into a bottle and drown it in alcohol. Beta Dunsparce has a much stronger likeness to tsuchinoko, more snake like and less bee influence. Tsuchinoko also have a particular fondness for alcohol. Crazy to think that a Pokémon that so many people want an evolution for is the evolution.

THIS is the kind of shit that I wish we had more discourse from GF on. I can't stand them gatekeeping shit and for what? Keeping Pokemon pure or something?

2018-2020 was a fucking wild time to be on Any Forums. the rollercoaster literally never stopped

I think you're backward. The reason we don't get much beta information isn't because Gamefreak cares about it. It's because Gamefreak doesn't care about beta stuff one way or the other. They've never had any issue talking about unused content when they're asked about it and didn't have any problem printing a bunch of beta designs with zero fanfare for the Satoshi Taijiri manga. They just don't bother to talk about the beta designs unless they have a reason to. Hell, Gamefreak used to keep the book of beta designs in their office so visitors could look through it.