Home Moves

All you idiots compaining about home when this is an objectively good idea.

Attached: Home .jpg (1080x940, 293.39K)

People are complaining because it prevents you from doing learnsets in one game that aren't possible without transfer from another game. Like Bisharp doesn't get knock off anymore, but in the older games you could teach it knock off and have Bisharp in the new games with knock off by trading it forward. And Smogon always said "you can technically get it so it's allowed", and GF is saying "ok we're sick of worrying about fissure no guard machamps from VC so fuck off", and now Smogoons are realizing the meta built around retarded shit like 20 year old Japan only event Pokemon is dead.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Anyone else want to have sex with Grand Oak?

Since mons can't go back generations it essentially wipes them. I think it's great because there's no reason people should be allowed to hack in event moves from Gen III or IV and pretend the mons are legit.

>Pokemon moves don't reset
>it's just switching its learned moveset
I don't understand. For example a Zapdos with Heat Wave would lose that move if it transferred to BDSP, but if you put it back in Home it would regain Heat Wave?

Zapdos with Heat Wave loses it in BDSP, but if it learned Heat Wave in SWSH it'll regain the move when put back there. I don't think Home itself edits movesets, but I might be wrong too

It's a good thing but showdown is a larger community than the actual game competitive scene and is always fighting against GF design philosophies.

How does that work though? Wouldn't the Zapdos have to have some code in it saying that it knows Heat Wave for it to regain the move if transferred back to SwSh.

Regardless, this actually seems like a good thing because it means Pokemon that have been overly-privileged with broken movepools will be knocked down a peg or too.

>showdown is a larger community than the actual game competitive scene and is always fighting against GF design philosophies.
This doesn't hold much water after Home's tracking of comp participation. VGC and BSS alone regularly break 200k unique participants each season even so long into the game's lifespan

The game basically creates multiple instances of the Pokemon on a per-game basis for what applies (GO, Gen 1 to SWSH, BDSP and PLA) and switches between those instances depending on where the Pokemon's going.

Its great that showdown has its own application that it can do whatever it wants on then huh

>this is an objectively good idea
Why transfer anything in home then? Every time you take out a mon to use it in a game it will reset to be exactly something you could get in that game.

To act as an Idiot Tax and offer early access for Pokemon that aren't yet obtainable natively (see: Hisui Pokemon that obviously won't be obtainable in SV without transfer until DLC releases).

So you can see your favorite mons in the newest games? Also if you want to do a challenge mon or use a mon that cant be gotten in the game (regional forms)

I can understand not wanting say Toxapex to have knock off but there's nothing wrong with offensive dark types like Bisharp or Weavile using it.

>there's nothing wrong with requiring people to buy more games just to get older moves!
ok. maybe one day you'll actually play the games.

Awww is the wittle poorfag mad mommy cant afford the older games? How sad.

They should never have removed it from them in the first place.

Oh so I’ll get this back then?

Jk, the moveset got wiped when I transferred Pokemon from Home to SwSh.

Attached: 86C7AAD2-F82A-4627-8CAA-5A26707C5E26.png (1242x2688, 3.15M)

I'm not an epic hackerman and know nothing about how this works so I might be full of shit, but I'm pretty sure it depends on the game of origin. A mon from a game that can't be transferred back to (Go, LGPE, or any previous gen game essentially) will have their movesets irrevocably wiped, but ones originating from BDSP, SWSH, or PLA will keep theirs stored per game.

Changing move distribution each gen allows them to balance the game better. Everything learning Toxic was always a poor decision that needed to be fixed.

Why?

Why?

It made already good Pokemon even better while everyone else didn't benefit much.
By cutting Toxic's distribution, it offers a viability niche to the Pokemon that do learn it and make sure all the metagames don't have to factor in how accessible Badly Poisoned is, leaving more breathing room for teambuilding variety.

>So you can see your favorite mons in the newest games?
The mons will have to be obtainable in the game in the first place. If your fave isn't in SV Home won't help with that. You are paying for online already. You can get everything by trading in game. It's just regional formes and whatever else they purposely chose to lock behind HOME.