30% chance encounter headbutting trees

>30% chance encounter headbutting trees
biggest lie ever

Attached: R.png (300x300, 41.55K)

I want to fight Heracross.

Only on special trees, on normal trees doesn't appear

how was anyone supposed to find it without a guide back then? nobody even tells you to headbutt trees, much less that there are special ones

The NPC that gives you the Headbutt TM literally tells you to use it on trees. After that it's just a matter of finding a lucky tree. I managed to find Heracross like that back in the day.

we were built differently. we were naturally curious. finding something new, whether it was a pokemon, a new area, or a new move was exciting
kids these days aren't fit for johto

You're supposed to randomly decide to spend an hour headbutting every tree to see if any are different, it's SOUL!

it'd beat your ass back to the shit-streets

How is it any different from going to different routes to see if the grass yields different Pokémon, really?

Zoomers are too used to instant gratification. Something like a slow burner of a region like Johto displeased them for this exact reason.

It's pretty funny that people say this ironically now like it's a joke. This is exactly what I always do whenever I play GSC and it's fun - it's a brand new game mechanic and it's part of the game. Is exploring the grass or sea for new Pokemon now suddenly incriminated as a 'bad' thing as well? "headbutt trees le bad xD" is such retarded revisionism that it defies all logic. It's literally just an excuse for trolls to shit on Gen II.

i just headbutted the tree behind acorn guys house and a heracross fell out. i instantly wanted it. it killed my team. i came back later with a scyther and headbutted that tree for ages lookingnfor another.

All grass on the same route has the same encounters. There is no difference between grass patches, so there's no reason to assume a difference between trees.

>slow burner

Attached: A24_Slow-Burn_Soyjak.png (454x520, 12.52K)

I got it in my first try.

>5% of getting Metal Coat from magnemite on GSC
I killed them for months and got two shinies. Not a single Metal Coat.

Why are millennials like this?

>only on special trees
>...
>every small tree looks the same

You're supposed to be old enough to read when you play these games dude.

We didn't grow up with the internet to spoonfeed us literally 100% of our lives, only somewhere around 40-60% depending on how rich your family was. There will never be another generation like this.

They need validation by shitting on zoomers