Why aren't there Pokemon Showdown generals?

Why aren't there Pokemon Showdown generals?
Feel free to post elo if you want

Attached: aa549e1818a660d3df0df3f915c21d6d095d5fca_hq.jpg (625x669, 65.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fZGUNoo2MnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Got to the 1400's in DPP OU recently. It's not crazy, but it's decent considering the top 500 leaderboards start at 1500.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-18 15.37.22.png (256x43, 2.35K)

? post elo

because people here really dont play competitively or trade much here, both huge aspects of Pokemon

its why /wfg/ is as dead as it is, despite battling and trading being huge parts of Pokemon. most are here just to shitpost or coom or simply to talk about miscellaneous things like hacks or shiny hunting or nuzlockes, the last 3 arent so bad though but tend to die out fast

som format noone cares about but its my favourite one, i guess this score isnt that good considering most of the people that ive been fighting at this level dont know how to play the format and just use gimmicks on the ladder

Attached: noii.png (318x24, 1.19K)

>Feel free to post elo if you want
.youtube.com/watch?v=fZGUNoo2MnA

Takes up a topic slot that could otherwise be used for another cunny thread.

>mindbreaks stallfags
She's pretty based

Attached: 758b301ed52e263bbc064737c39ebc71.png (800x775, 68.61K)

>not available in my country
Aww

Don't Ferrothorn and Toxapex both resist xir STABs, though?

People here don't even play the actual games, let alone competitive, let alone play competitive so often that they need a simulator just to do more battles more quickly.

I have not played competitively since dropping after weather wars.

Now I'm so far behind, whenever I get the itch to battle I just do randumbs

It's a useful simulator because you don't need to obtain the pokemon before you go competitive. You can just jump right in if you've got a strategy.

Generation 8 killed Showdown

True, dynamaxing and Zacian are pretty gay but it just makes it all the more satisfying when you beat em

>Gen 8 OU bans dynamax, a completely fair and balanced mechanic, within the first month
Gee, I wonder why

>dynamax
>a completely fair and balanced mechanic
I've never played Swoosh so I don't know how dynamax works exactly beyond "pokemon get bigger and stronger"... but it seems a little bit unfair on the surface

I forgot to mention they also get immunities to some secondary effects...

I've tried to get into competitive, but I can't get the hang of it. My elo has only ever reached 1200.

I play Gen 7 OU because I never purchased a Switch IRL.

What would be a good textbook team to try?

Play a thousand random battles first

Use lando and stallpex.