Modern Pokemon

I'm a gen1 oldfag. I used to love Pokemon back in the day. I kept up with the series up from Red/Blue up until Diamond/Pearl and then I fell out.

I don't know why, but recently I've started getting nostalgic for pokemon, but I don't know what the fuck is going on.

Any Forums help me, what the fuck is going on?

Are people hyped for Scarlet / Violet?
What's the modern pokemon game that people are playing? Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl or Arceus or what?

Attached: Pokemon-3310631045.jpg (1920x1090, 231.17K)

>What's the modern pokemon game
ROMhacks

I recommend playing in this order
>BDSP
>HGSS
>BW
>B2W2
>ORAS
>USUM
>PLA

XY wasn't great, SWSH is only really okay with DLC, USUM is literally just SM but with more shit to do

>Are people hyped for SV?
There's so little to talk about right now nobody cares. We have starters and the version names and that's it.

If DP were what deterred OP then i doubt he will like BDSP at all since they're 1:1 exact copy (but faster).

Ok so BD/SP is a remake of D/P... dur, I get it. Look at the names.

What about Arceus, does anybody give a shit about it?

I liked it, but it plays different to other pokemon games, and the graphics are eh

Since you fell off after gen 3 I recommend

>pokemon platinum
>HGSS
>Black + White and it's sequel
>Sun + Moon
>Legends Arceus

skip X and Y and ORAS

It’s normal.
I’m not.
Legends Arceus.

I’ve never played Gen 4. Should I play Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum? I don’t want to play Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl.

Platinum

Avoid BW/2 like the plague

I loved Arceus, but it's very different from other pokémon games, so it may not be the best place to start. I'd recommend giving it a try eventually though
If you stopped at DP, why not pick it up from there? BW were good games and similar to what you remember.

Definitely Platinum

Why?

Platinum improves on the base game in several ways and has no real drawbacks

this Platinum fixes up the game's speed issues a little and adds a ton of QoL stuff, as well as an improved pokemon distribution (as in: same as DP but expanded)

hot take but play HGSS & ORAS first both to be both a refresher of the first 3 regions plus pretty much all the features of the DS & 3DS era.
BW onwards are polarizing at best and complete trash at worst but worth playing if you're already invested in the series.

Play FRLG/LGPE. Easy playthrough for beginners.

I changed my mind. I have no interest in generation 4.

PLA is the closest we’ve gotten to an immersive Pokemon world, and it’s neat for seeing the franchise take a big step. But the graphics are really bad, the Pokemon models and animations are improved but they go for a weird cel shaded look that looks bad compared to the style of SwSh. PLA is the best game we’ve gotten in this Gen though.

why?

Don't listen to the autists ITT, most people here only play pokemon and don't want anything to change in this stagnant piece of shit franchise.
PLA is the most fun I've had with a pokemon game since ORAS in 2014. The story is shit and the graphics really don't fucking matter but the gameplay kept me going for hours where I've dropped every pokemon game since SM halfway through the story.

Low quality bait.

This. PLA is the change the franchise needs. If they took it as a base and then applied the basics of the classic series to it (abilities, breeding, Pokemon Amie/Camp/whatever) and adding stuff like following Pokemon it would be perfect