What is the best generation to catch 'em all within that generation? For example...

What is the best generation to catch 'em all within that generation? For example, all GBA and GC games to complete a 386 dex + forms.

Attached: 1525737951402.png (750x650, 292.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9HXf_fYgdRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you can catch all non-mythical pokemon up to gen 6 with just XY and ORAS

1 was the only one that was actually about catching them all. By 3 we’re saving the world and by 4 we’re meeting God.

I like to divide this by regional and national dex.
>Regional
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8 are all pretty fun to catch em all in
>National
Pretty much only 1, 2 and 8.
Though I should mention that in both of these cases 2 is a bit marred by the necessity to transfer with 1 for a proper full dex, but it's not that big of a deal.

Gen 6 has all pokemon available to be caught through XY and ORAS. USUM has all pokémon available to be caught, but you will need other games to trade them

I caught everything but deoxys in gen 3 because Japan hates Australia.

Attached: 60a07690feaf543bae77a74475316027.png (350x400, 207.34K)

> National: 8

kek, technically none of the games listed under national dex actually have a national dex.
It's just too much work to catch more than 400 Pokemon.

If you want to finish the fight you can buy a GB+A cartridge reader, backup your save file, edit in the event item, and go through the event on cartridge.

Attached: cf5b4044eda7da26-600x338.png (600x338, 284.54K)

Gen 6 easily. With XY and ORAS you have everything you need minus the mythicals.

Gen 2 relies on Gen 1. Gen 3 has a cancerous amount of games to go through to even complete a national dex. Gen 4 relied too much on events. Gen 5 relied too much on events and omitted a bunch of mons from previous gens (including Pikachu of all things). Gen 7 relies on previous gens despite having every legendary at least. And I don't think I even need to comment on gen 8.

I have pokemon ruby on my GBA, is it possible to find some bootleg pokemon sapphire (because a real one would be absurdly expensive) and trade over seviper, kyogre and those pokemons to complete the regional pokedex?

>Gen 3 has a cancerous amount of games to go through to even complete a national dex
it's just one more game than gen 6

Well, not exactly, because Emerald doesn't have all the RS Pokemon AND you need to play Colo and XD

I plan on doing this eventually
youtube.com/watch?v=9HXf_fYgdRg

>Emerald doesn't have all the RS Pokemon
yes?
gen 3 requires FR, LG, R, S, E. 5 games.
gen 6 requires X, Y, OR, AS. 6 games.
>AND you need to play Colo and XD
no you don't

>xD
You need to go back

>6 games.
oops. meant 4.

I dunno cause I never did

The absolute fucking gall to put every Pokemon you need into Colosseum except for Lugia, which you need XD for.
Unless you're hacking the games you need Colosseum and XD for the Johto legendaries.

>Unless you're hacking the games you need Colosseum and XD for the Johto legendaries.
this is a common misconception. lugia and ho-oh are counted among mythicals like mew in gen 3 - they aren't required for the national pokedex.

Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon.
It objectively gives you the biggest possible pokedex. 807 obtainable pokemon in total (every mon from 1 through 7, minus Meltan/Melmetal) and also alt forms like Megas.

Despite what SwSh trannies tell you, the dex cut is indeed bad. Even if you download all the SwSh DLC, only 664 pokemon are obtainable in total and alt forms like Megas have be cut too. Those trannies will try to downplay this, but don't be fooled. The game objectively offers less pokemon than its predecessor USUM.

807 > 664
And it's embarrassing that a lowly 3DS handheld game has a bigger pokedex than an HD Switch game that could store more stuff.

Who's actually gonna spend the time to catch 800 pokemon in the same game?