How can you people praise FRLG so heavily, but then criticize BDSP? They are equally as terrible, bland...

How can you people praise FRLG so heavily, but then criticize BDSP? They are equally as terrible, bland, and uninspired remakes. Love or hate HGSS, ORAS, or even LGPE, but at least all of these games made an attempt to be a different experience than what you could have previously had before.

Attached: 1631441589614.png (303x840, 285.12K)

Frlg at least added new shit to it you retarded wobufaggot

New shit like what? The sevii islands?? Oh yeah, great. I cannot wait to spend 2 hours catching shitmons and exploring areas with no real purpose.

Yeah sorry user they really didn't add anything

Unironically LGPE did much more

every time I get ready to write a 1000 character+ reply to one of these bait threads I can't get past the first sentence because I know the retard will keep going and has no intention to reach even a middle ground compromise

Attached: 1363918560937.jpg (680x578, 47.9K)

Well, user, what about FRLG would you call interesting or inspired? It is quite literally gen 1, forced away from trading with other games of its gen (which is an integral part of the series), with less varied environments that cause an already 'bland' region to blend together even more.

>Praise FRLG
People don't usually worship FRLG. It's usually considered an okayish middle ground game

>FRLG
>Almost two decades old game
>Made for GBA
>Followed the artistic style of the generation in which it was released in
>Despite imposing restrictions in main campaign, it still had all the pokémon in
>Incorporated all or almost all QoL introduced until thn
>Added things without removing anything relevant from the originals

>BDSP
>supposed to be a 2021 game
>supposed to be made for Switch
>regressed in artistic style returning to chibi and grid routes
>first core remake where we can't use new pokémon, ever
>ignored a series of QoL introduced so far
>unlike previous core remakes, didn't incorporate elements from enhancement versions neither added any big things, and as if that wasn't enough, cut relevant features from the original games instead
>most buggy pokémon game in history, first one to really need day one patch

Am I forgetting anything?

I don't find FRLG interesting or inspired and haven't beaten it since release. that question is for a FRLGfag. the game was intended to be kanto with the original dex limitations while having gen 3 mechanics. trading and evolutions for everything else opens after obtaining national dex. you probably have images ready so please share your comparisons about the environments because I don't remember hating them

can you agree that it was not possible to go through kanto with abilities, natures, and IVs/EVs (not DVs and stat experience) before FRLG

>>ignored a series of QoL introduced so far
Stopped reading here, you deliberately left out affection

>FRLG was a huge improvement over the originals
>BDSP isn't
It's not complicated

not talking about affection

You have literally never played FRLG then retard. The post game from there is literally the gold standard that people keep comparing these remakes to to determine if they're even remotely good.

That's not an improvement at all, that objectively made the game worse than the originals.

>day one patch
The patch was released more than a week before release for pre-load downloads so leak players could use it.

>can you agree that it was not possible to go through kanto with abilities, natures, and IVs/EVs (not DVs and stat experience) before FRLG
yes, but those things ruin the game

>trading and evolutions for everything else opens after obtaining national dex
Yeah, after beating the entire game lol. Why do I care to trade anything into FRLG after I have done literally everything the game has to offer? Why would I not just trade everything from FRLG over to another game?

Also, I really don't have any images, but one thing FRLG did was turn every area into a place surrounded by forestry. In gen 1, we had a progression of open fields, to some wooded areas, to mountains, and it would change depending on the area. Along with that, different areas of the region would have different ground textures. FRLG attempts to do this kind of, but it just has weird pathways that don't look good?

forgot to add
>it made DP much easier

I personally gave up on putting up constructive discussions and arguments, since it never amounts to much or people just flat out decide to ignore. And instead reverted to insults and shitposts. No wonder this board has gone to shit.

Do you understand exploring is a massive part of any RPG? What was your first Pokémon game? XY?

>Why would I not just trade everything from FRLG over to another game?
That was literally the entire point of FRLG's existence, what are you even trying to say here?

Attached: 1650931245103.jpg (720x628, 59.76K)

That they are a throwaway game that has literally 0 benefits over just playing gen 1.

Except the benefit we are talking about, right now, where you can bring those gen 1 pokemon to gen 3.

lol
it's like said, it's worthless
this person must be joking

Wow, yes, I sure love playing a game with the sole purpose of unlocking content in another game.

If you don't like collecting things I don't know what to tell you, maybe Pokemon isn't for you dude.

Attached: 1652324208599.png (750x650, 63.53K)

I like collecting Pokemon when it is meaningful lol. I played the games back then to get Kanto pokemon, yeah, sure, we all did. It's what we had to do. It's now 2022, and we have all the Kanto pokemon we need either from then, later on, or even more modern games. What does catching Pokemon in FRLG to trade to a completely separate game add to replaying Kanto? Anything at all?

FRLG at least has the courtesy of having better graphics and battle mechanics than the original games while remaining otherwise faithful.
BDSP is quite literally the exact same game while looking far worse.

The sheer amount of disingenuous lying is what always gets to me. They back up into a corner until they have literally inhuman opinions just to remain contrarian lmao.