Which game in the Pokemon series came the closest to being for "mature" audiences?

Which game in the Pokemon series came the closest to being for "mature" audiences?

Attached: 1220929980926.jpg (960x677, 200.94K)

gen 5. a town being frozen over and ghetis trying to kill you.

The mystery dungeon series, especially EOS. There’s a part where you and your partner contemplate suicide because your existence may lead to the world ending.

Black and White and its sequel were aimed at a mature audience, hence why their MCs are about 15 years old and not 10 like in every other game.
The game touches deep themes like ideals and truth, no other game reaches this same level of writing and themes.

XY

probably Black/White 1.

Whereas other pokemon games have villains that are obviously cartoonishly evil, Team Plasma's goal of ending pokemon slavery is a morally gray motivation. Sure, most Team Plasma members (besides N) ended up being hypocritical dicks, but I still remembered being shocked the first time I played it. Regardless of their methods, I didn't disagree with them that enslaving pokemon and forcing them into dogfights to gain money/fame was morally wrong. And what's worse is that the game just handwaves that unsettling realization with "Well, they're villains. Whatever they say is wrong. Pokemon slavery is A-Okay, kids."

Besides that, there was also the topic of Bianca's abusive father who was too controlling over her life. It was rather awkward to watch them argue in the middle of the street. I didn't think a kid's game would actually show domestic disputes like this.

LGPE or FRLG because it's kanto and "mature audiences" know kanto a lot more than the rest.

BW or SM

Unironically XD

sun and moon. Abusive mother was way more real than Ghestis was, and the game was riddled with genuine issues like the Machamp with survivor's guilt from outliving its trainer or how Guzma was fucked up from his father beating him so he formed a gang.

All the people here going on about scale of a few local disasters are missing the point. Body count is not maturity.

>Body count is not maturity
True, most action movies get only labeled as mature for having a mandatory "sexy" scene with the woman

>Body count is not maturity.

I agree, but not all of those issues are mature or deep given the fact it's a Japanese game.

"Real" doesn't necessarily equate to mature, just that a player can empathize with it depending on their context.

Definitely Black and White

Yeah Lusamine was legitimately terrifying and seemed really genuine.
Kind of a shame they chickened out of all that and completely rewrote her in everything else like Ultra and the anime

>muh mature gen 5 discordtrannies in the first five posts
gen 1 or colosseum

Nobody likes gen 6 stupid discord raider.

*raises hand*

>And what's worse is that the game just handwaves that unsettling realization with "Well, they're villains. Whatever they say is wrong. Pokemon slavery is A-Okay, kids."
You definitely didn't play the game

Who are you quoting?

Did you? At any point, did Black/White legitimately challenge the existing dynamic, or even really analyze it?

itt: zoomers pretending to be "mature"