Create mechanic everyone enjoys

>Create mechanic everyone enjoys
>Get rid of it two gens later
Why can't GF just stick with what works? People will buy their games even without creating new gimmicks like z-moves/dynamax.

Attached: ME.png (120x120, 16.74K)

>>Create mechanic people who don't play the game enjoy
FTFY

60% of mega designs were just regional-form material.
40% were straight up garbage like Mega Blastoise ( goatee, hand canons )Venusaur ( literally just a flower in his head ) and Gengar ( wtf were they thinking )
Dynamax had better designs and were more balanced, but I rather have them both fuck off and have regional forms/evolutions showing up consistently even more.

Regional forms are extremely lazy. Just make new pokemon.

Existing unique dynamax forms should be retconned into Mega Venusaur Y, Gengar Y, Charizard Z, etc

Regional forms are kino because it gives more freedom to already great designs
I'd rather see more Rattata alt forms than *generic rodent route 1 or a new Taillow variant than *generic route 2 birb

Besides it makes sense lorewise to strong species to adapt in different regions considering how people travel all over in the Pokemon world

>Create mechanic solely to shill CHARIZARD
>Get rid of it so all the attention can go the the new CHARIZARD form
fixed it for you,

>Gyarados gets a mega
>Doesn't even gets its Dragon type
Meanwhile
>CHARIZAAARD gets 2
Garbage mechanic, thank God they dropped it.

You don't know what "lazy" means.

It would be based but GF never admits mistakes.
Thats why Ninetales is still a solo Fire type because "muh gen 1 type balancing to make some types special"

I loved the Galarian Kanto birds, it made them way cooler than the original trio, better on PvP and even better shiny variants, since their shiny are the original Kantonian form references

I would lose my shit if the Johto dogs got this same treatment.

ninetales is ice/fairy though :^)

I know its been like 7 years but it was not universally well received - it the same sort of hate the other mechanics have gotten, probably more in fact given that it was the first "gimmick" and by gen's 7 and 8 there was a precedent.

>Dont give Ninetales ghost type because... special type reserved for 1 fucking line
>Doesn't give it psychic, but gives psychic to shit like Drowzee, Mr. Mime, Exeggutor, Slowpoke and Starmie
Gen 1 was unironically a mistake.

Attached: 1651034760842.png (1177x668, 598.47K)

I loved wiping out entire teams with one single megaevolution.

>I loved the Galarian Kanto birds, it made them way cooler than the original trio
big disagree, they're super ugly to me, & I dont think legends should get regional forms.
>I would lose my shit if the Johto dogs got this same treatment.
despite what I just said, they already did it so it feels like they should do the beasts. I'd rather they give the gen 2 starters mega evolutions though.

>they're super ugly to me
Alright, beauty is subjective, nothing wrong with that.
>I dont think legends should get regional forms
Why not? Legendary Pokemon are just regular Pokemon but on steroids, specially those who aren't even in the mythical zone, it would perfect sense for any legendary to roam around and adapt for it's environment.
And 2bh even some high tier legendaries could use a regional form, like Mewtwo, it would make sense that some other group tried to replicate the Rocket experiments, same with Porygon.
The only Pokemon who should never get a regional form for me it's Mew, the Hoenn trio and Arceus, but even if they happen to get I wouldn't be mad because I don't take this so seriously.

The only complaints I remember were people saying they should have just been regular evolutions.

Mega Blastoise with Shell Smash would be the best starter in history.

Not him but me and a lot of people disliked them because they were functionally forced teammates and stupid OP

I wouldn't get literally mad either, I'm already checked out anyway, but I generally prefer anything that makes legendaries feel more special like them being actual kaiju forces in the anime or implying they're actually one of a kind in general.
Wouldn't be so opposed if they came up with an interesting reason like your mewtwo example.

Because they think the children portion of the modern fanbase are drooling dumbasses that can't pay attention without some sort of gimmick. That doesn't mean they have to put effort i to said gimmick, that's why nost dynamax forms are "they BIG now!"

How dare Psychic types learn a move literally called Psychic

Attached: Surely You Jestin.jpg (2000x1500, 107.73K)