It still blows my mind that they debuted a next-gen pokemon about 2 years before the game came out...

It still blows my mind that they debuted a next-gen pokemon about 2 years before the game came out. I guess it was easier to deal with then because i assume most of us were in school. But imagine if they did that today

Attached: 1200px-Ho-Oh_Debut.png (1200x866, 1.42M)

i played xd for the first time recently and was surprised to see bonsly show up as part of the story. its kinda cool they used to do stuff like this

It's just Moltres bro.

Lucario was also a statue in the first Mystery Dungeon too. But Bonsly was even playable in XD.

Shareholders wouldn't let them cause they can't sell merch of a pokemon that's not officially part of the roster yet.

>XD
Fuck off

hook line sinker

Attached: bait.jpg (675x514, 18.12K)

They did the same again with Munchlax, revealed in early 2004 when DP were released in late 2006. As a result, Munchlax features in a lot of gen 3 sidegames like Mistery Dungeon and XD.

Attached: 744F3DAB-E136-49A2-A73A-C4C964C30E63.png (1000x1153, 188.67K)

I thought this was Fearow the first time I saw it ngl

so why doesn't Ash have a Ho-oh anyway? It's the most logical legendary to let him have

>tfw you realise Munchlax was revealed closer to the release of RS than DP

Attached: B600B490-F22E-4FDE-8704-FD5F682A0E56.jpg (525x628, 60.81K)

When was the last time they did this? Magearna?

It wasn't supposed to be two years of a gap between reveal and launch though. Game Freak were supposed to have Pokémon 2 ready for winter '97, only about 4 months of a wait/tease.

This . Munchlax was in Destiny Deoxys, released in 2004. Games come out 2 years later.

>gen 1 to gen 4 is the same as gen 4 to gen 8

Attached: artworks-000639772696-m5et4o-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 60.68K)

I wonder if they don't do it anymore due to crunch? Being an oldfag who played Red on launch I loved all the speculation going into the next gen mons they gave us in advance. The literal years of "what the fuck is Togepi?!" was something you just had to experience. Now it's just some generic ass mostly forgotten early gen Pokemon to most, and that makes me sad

Attached: togepi-happy.gif (498x364, 960.04K)

They're not american user. They didn't need to set up a shell company to rob funds off retards to "make a video game", they just went to Nintendo and said "can we have some money to make a video game please?"
Zoomers will never understand the business before they were born, clearly.

They always do it
Melmetal was designed for gen 8 (yet the fanbase pretend is gen 7 for some reason)
The thing is, Ho-Ho was released way too long before Gold and Silver, 2 years, and they didn't even have the colors decided yet, that's why it's fully golden.
They don't want to risk it when the Pokemon may be redesigned at some point before the game release

Because letting Ash catch a legendary would be gay as fuck.
There's a reason all of them only show up in the movies and it's always through some cataclysmic event where Ash and co. barely feel like main characters.

Attached: groudon.webm (640x361, 2.81M)

It's crazy how a legendary at the end of Gen 2's PokeDex debuted in the anime before 99% of Gen 1's Pokemon did.

Meltan and Meltal are in a Gen 7 game.

They come before Grookey in the Nat. Dex.

>muh victini

Which Gen 4 game can I get Victini in again?

>melmetal
Is a Gen VII pokémon user. The fact they even had the recently-retired core game lead developer tweet about its reveal, after a community day event in GO, no less, should have told you that. They didn't say buttkiss about Ho-Oh, even when they had planned to launch the game later that year.

>tfw May and Brock fucking die

Gigantamax machamp was in alola