Where could I have bought a bitcoin in 2010-2011?

Where could I have bought a bitcoin in 2010-2011?

Attached: r83482938.png (641x358, 170.75K)

Runescape

Mostly P2P

Mt. Gox

You didn't, you mined it.

How much could I have realistically mined with a
dual core 2009 imac with whatever graphics card it had? Or a quad core 2010 imac?

You had to go to western union or some shit but that was 2012

Not much, maybe 50-70 a day

bruh u capin

itoddlers btfo

No I mean if you're not cappin I could have easily accumulated over 30k in those two years and become a multi millionaire by the time I graduated college. Confirms I am in a cursed timeline

You would thought it was worthless like everybody else

This. I had a friend build a mining rig and move to Iceland for the geothermal back in 2011. I thought he was an idiot. Haven't heard from him in a decade.

I bought mine via VirWox

Post proof of 9 figs or you're larping

2010 was particularly hard. Thus the whole pizza thing being a big deal.
I think some people would do p2p on bitcointalk by literally just sending the other person cash in an envelope.
Keep in mind BT C hadn't even hit $1 yet, so it was basically considered play money.
Someone even mined a block in 2010 with what I think was some kind of overflow exploit that created billions of BTC out of thin air. Obviously they had to fork away from that and fix it .
2011 is when it hit $1 and got mainstream media attention. It was on BBC, CNN, Chuck Schumer talked about it in the US Congress and such. I'm always skeptical of people who say they 'never heard of it', especially if they were in any sort of online community. Obviously Any Forums and Any Forums had threads and such. Something Awful, Hackernews, Slashdot, Reddit, whatever really all had lots of posts about it. Mostly making fun of it.
As for buying it in 2011, since Gox was in full swing, you could do that by sending some money to Japan. Also you had way more p2p options.
Lots of random buyer sellers like Virwox.
Bitinstant I beleive started in 2011 and you could actually go to Walmart, give them money, and get a receipt with a printed code on it you could redeem for BTC. Was actually probably one of the easiest methods ever for burgers, no KYC of course. They eventually got shutdown by the feds for knowingly laundering money from SR or something. Could also do something similar by buying Moneypak to trade for BTC or other codes from cashiers.
P2P wise aside from bank transfers:
It was possible to use Paypal sometimes in some circumstances. But since people would hack those accounts and use them to buy BTC, at the very least you had to do some kind of KYC and you'd pay a shitty rate to offset the sellers risk.
Liberty Reserve I think?
Also Neteller, Moneybookers aka Skrill, paysafecard and ukash. Stuff for online gambling was also used.
Basically it was pretty easy.

Tldr; some fag types a bunch.

Based informative post

Based knower. Yeah I definitely remember most of these options when experimenting with sr back in 2012. Hurts thinking about how easy it could've been.

I actually don't remember how I even got my btc in 2012 (I was young and it feels like a lifetime ago), I lost it and it wasn't life changing money anyway so

i remember people were giving them away for free on Any Forums