Gen 6 was the downfall

XY was the first gen that started pandering hard to casuals.
It introduced the Affection system, which made battles easier by letting stuff like picrel happen.
And it also turned EXP Share into a key item that made raising pokemon levels a lot easier.

Attached: lbm6rekeecg41.jpg (1879x1323, 353.58K)

I want to plap those Eevee cheeks.

you posted that image as if it was proof the franchise was bad, but I honestly wish it was more like that.
and besides, while gen 6 was quite poor, it paved the way for the golden age of the franchise we are in right now, so i don't hate it.

you just know

>XY was the first gen that started pandering hard to casuals.
No shit
Did you just realize that ?

>Kantoooooo starter
>Kantoooooo gets the most mega evos
>exp share and affection like you said
>worst rivals in the entire series
>worst evil team until team yell
>ridiculous edgy Pokemon war plot
Yup, it's terrible

Why do people still seethe at Kanto knowing full well that there's a reason it gets praised to high heavens while people have already forgotten about BW?

>there's a reason it gets praised
for being first, and that's all
shilling it is short term money

Most people hate Kanto, they just hate the obsessed nostalgia shilling being only Kanto harming everything else including the actual region you are currently in. It's bad in Kalos, it's bad in Sinnoh, and it's bad in West Kanto. It has just become more direct and annoying over time.

Why is it seethe to point out the stupidity of a company that tries to market nostalgia, while ignoring the nostalgia of other people? Why should kantooooooo get all the regional forms in 2 different generations, and the most gimmick benefits like g-max and the most mega evos? Why is it seethe to point out this bias, and that GF would make more money if they pandered to other regions?

>Most people hate Kanto
Citation fucking needed

It's old

Meant Most DON'T* hate Kanto, oops

The actual people ?

I thought XY’s affection system was optional

it's not, affection increases just by walking. this was reverted in gen 7

>for being first, and that's all
And having the best mon designs, and the best region design, the best distribution, the best music, the best overall aesthetic, the most open ended, least handholdy gameplay in the series, the most iconic rival, the most iconic starters, the best legendary (Mewtwo), etc.

>XY was the first gen that started pandering hard to casuals

Attached: unova routes.png (371x317, 159.29K)

>best at anything
Citation fucking needed

Oh no. A linear path full of trainers. Worst game of all ti-

Attached: Cerulean City Bridge.png (272x544, 22.76K)

Have you ever even seen Pinwheel Forest? It's huge and chock full of exploration. he's just referring to the actual paved road, which is somewhat straight.

>It's huge and chock full of exploration
it's a line

None of what I said can be proven wrong.

Oh no. Battles are easy. Worst game of all ti-

Attached: 12.gif (256x204, 914.63K)

>he's just referring to the actual paved road
no he isn't, he's telling you to go on the other path you dumbfuck

gen 5 fags sure seem to be ignorant about their own games, it's almost as if they haven't actually played them since they were kids or something....

>XY was the first gen that started pandering hard to casuals
Like it or not, you've been slowly slipping out of Pokemon's core demographic ever since you were a little boy. You can't be too upset with them for catering to their intended audience, which is literal children.

>It introduced the Affection system, which made battles easier by letting stuff like picrel happen
It was also completely optional and one of the coolest features to date for players who prioritized connecting with their team and not worrying about breaking the game's already laughable difficulty ceiling.

>And it also turned EXP Share into a key item that made raising pokemon levels a lot easier.
Again, this was also still optional. If you want to complain about EXP share, do it when it started becoming mandatory.

Now, having said all that, I think X and Y have a lot of serious problems that became exacerbated with each new iteration. But it also brought some very welcome changes to the table, such as Pokemon Amie and character customization. I feel alright about them overall. They look like HGSS compared to SwSh.

>Most people hate Kanto

Considering every gen that has KANTOOOO in it does significantly better than other gens. Gen 5 was the worst selling gen and it had the least KANTOOOO in it outside of gen 4. ORAS almost sold better than B/W did on a worse selling console

I love how XY detractors always admit that they're stupid because they're low IQ enough to think the other games are remotely challenging

So true. It's impossible to actually like the WOAT gen without basing your opinions on childhood nostalgia with rose colored glasses.
Cope