/nuz/ - Nuzlocke and Challenge Run General

Rebirth Edition

Since /nuz/ clearly doesn't have a dedicated OP anymore, I've decided to take over and rebrand /nuz/ and there's nothing you can do to stop me. Now we've got general challenge runs as well, surely this will save the general from being as dead and won't just be a useless bandage.

What games are you running?
How are you running it?
How's your run going?
Are you doing a weird ruleset? And if so, what is it?

Nuzlocke resources (still outdated)
>Nuzlocke info
pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Nuzlocke generator
nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/
nuzlocke-generator.com/
>Guide to running the generator locally
pastebin.com/etNFB00r
>Links to official games (thru Sw/Sh)
pastebin.com/hsJ0TaJ7
>Romhack links
pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Definitive emulator info (note that OpenEmu is the best option for Macfags period as RBY through B2W2 may all be played on it and all run smoothly)
pastebin.com/HmVC99sZ
>Difficulty list (Updated with Sword/Shield and XY without EXP Share on)
pastebin.com/vvwTEgwJ
>Pokémon Nuzlocke images
mediafire.com/file/sxu318m9an5ulbm/
>Pokémon Bank sprites
mediafire.com/file/ueadxvt1f52m0md/
>Pokémon Home Sprites
projectpokemon.org/docs/spriteindex_148/home-sprites-gen-1-r128/
>Additional templates
mediafire.com/file/vmfck3jdowgn472
>NEW: Level caps list, will expand/fix later
pastebin.com/VfXz0QPP

Attached: something something life and death.jpg (756x480, 71.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/hzzUBuy
imgur.com/a/hIBtnWy
imgur.com/a/4EPIl3r
imgur.com/a/bNQz5Ym
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks for stepping up! Probably gonna start a boxless sapphire or white run soon

Nice work OP.
Currently running HeartaGold, training for Red. No special rules this time, but my mext run of Platinum will implement a new rule: no using any Pokemon i've taken to the championship (barring starters). Hopefully this will increase the variety of Pokemon i'll use overall. I don't know how people can use the exact same team every game, i'm kinda sick of Golem in HeartGold after only 3 times.

Thanks, OP.
Yellow: imgur.com/a/hzzUBuy
Crystal: imgur.com/a/hIBtnWy
Emerald: imgur.com/a/4EPIl3r
Platinum: imgur.com/a/bNQz5Ym

Attached: Platinum Mode Page 6.png (1117x10000, 2.7M)

Maylene is a bitch.

Attached: Platinum Mode Page 7.png (1149x10000, 3.09M)

That's rough, my dude

former /nuzgen/ boomer here, should I restart my journey? I kinda forgot about all my old games and might do it all from Scratch

Attached: Nuzlocke Current RiseRuby Feb2021.png (798x2659, 704.68K)

I don't see any reason not to

think I should go in order again or randomize the play order?
any fun challenge suggestions? Nuzlocke alone is rather dull nowadays

Attached: sinnokino.png (508x368, 31.91K)

Randomized order might spice things up a bit between games
Since I'm on break from my runs for a little while, you could try out my dumb ruleset maybe.
Type-Lock Locke.
Fairly simple. If a team member dies, a slot on your team "locks" as that type. Now a space on your team can only be occupied by a pokemon sharing at least one of that pokemon's types. (Or exact type if you want to torture yourself) Which means the more pokemon that die in your run, the more limited your selection becomes, and some pokemon in your box may become outright unusable if a pokemon in every slot is killed off. Punishes sacrificing things for safe switches too. An interesting example of this ruleset was my platinum run. I lost my Shinx at Roark and just had an effectively unusable slot on my team until I got an eevee and a thunder stone (gifts were okay but I was disallowing Rotom for being a static encounter) and then when that died my only other electric option based on my encounters was magnemite, a pokemon I'd never used before that run. By the end of that run 7of the pokemon in my box became literally unusuable, and I got forced to use a lot of stuff I normally wouldn't because they matched a team slot type.
Not the wildest ruleset, and it doesn't change things up too much until you start experiencing deaths, but I have fun with it.

that's pretty neat, but I don't lose mons that often. Maybe pair it up with no overleveling and no in battle heals?
I'll post whatever I do in here, I miss the old Any Forums so much. No one plays the games anymore lolol

Attached: trapinch lol.png (263x251, 32.72K)

I'd say those are good ideas. I personally just use item limits rather than disallowing battle items outright, but I've been using level limits for my last 4 runs. That being said, my last unsuccessful run was that platinum run, which was 5 years ago, and that's mainly because platinum is such a brutal game to run, so you could probably stand to add more rules onto it.

Maybe no items? Even outside of battle?
That alongside a rule where you can't leave gyms after entering turns gyms into a brutal gauntlet.

About to play BD for the first time and figured I’d do it as a nuzlocke. Might lock myself into gyms/routes with no heals for the main game but I’m not sure yet

Based OP, these really need to keep up now that LGA posting has subsided. Think I'll do some HG/SS Golden Edition now.

Been playing Polished Crystal 3.0 beta with hardcore nuzlocke rules and without looking for trainers teams (just got their level cap), shit is pretty fun. Had already like 10 attempts cause the fucking early game is pretty tight and need some luck on Falkner and Bugsby to get through. Furthest attempt I ended up trolling after the fighting gym exploring a new zone.

Only started playing it after I found a Rare Candy Gameshark code to skip grinding: 013106D8 — Infinite Rare Candies in Bag > 1st Item Slot

FRLG full dex championship progress. Pretty much replaying FRLG but with a different team of 6 every time until i use every kanto pokemon to beat the league. As you can see i didn't do too well on the initial planning since i already used most pokemon avaible early game leaving me with a starter solo run for the long time but at least i've learned form my mistakes for the future
Planning to use Paras, Dragonite and Porygon in the next run, any ideas for the rest?

Attached: frlgprog.png (1297x811, 241.2K)

Also posting BW progress i've started in the meanwhile to take a break from KANTO

Attached: bwprog.jpg (1024x528, 236.99K)

>Page 9
Not if I have anything to say about it.

Requesting the use of best cactus in your next run

Attached: 6CB74FEF-BEC6-4875-B553-18D259FDB9D6.jpg (700x700, 78.98K)

I shall use the cactus just for you user