Destroys your early-game difficulty curve

>destroys your early-game difficulty curve

Seriously, what were they thinking?

Attached: pok nidoking.png (60x60, 1.68K)

Hail the the king, baby.

Attached: 1636109537869.png (853x853, 979.79K)

>destroys your entire-game difficulty curve

Seriously, what were they thinking?

Attached: file.png (505x196, 17.34K)

discord

>Castelia
>early

both are true
pokemon is a game where knowing which pokemon to use is a huge advantage
with nidoking, though, it might not be immediately obvious that it evolves with a moon stone if it's your first time playing

based dyslexic retard

based gamefreak looking out for the firestarter spergs

That moonstones were hard to come by and most players would use the easy one they found in Mt. Moon on Clefairy or Jigglypuff. No 10 year old was min maxxing and going for early Nidoking on their first play through.

3rd gym is early as shit.

And hardly any boys were going to use Clefairy or Jigglypuff because they were so blatantly girly, so it's more likely they held onto their Moon Stones for until they found another viable Pokemon.
And wouldn't you know it for Gen 1, the only other options were Nidorino and Nidorina.

a friend showed me where the hidden one was the first time I played so I always grab two
I think players likely to have nido, though

There’s a moon stone on the the very first floor of mt moon

Manlet lol

Clefable is also pretty damn good too

you've been struck by-
you've been hit by-
a smooth nidoking

Attached: 1642497996105s.jpg (250x222, 11.23K)

Fucking no one would use Nidoking if they didn't know it was busted ahead of time, Nidoran has literally zero appeal.

Darumaka is some bullshit, but in what world do Sandile and Scraggy break the game? Scraggy's not even good much less broken.

Good thing Mewtwo Strikes Back, the most popular piece of Pokemon Media at the peak of Pokemania, taught us all that Nidoking and Nidoqueen existed before Giovanni in the games did!

>130 power STAB move at lv31
>Moxie
>"i-it's not broken bros trust me!"

it evolves at level 39, until then 48 base speed and 50 base HP isn't going to be broken against gym leaders with fully evolved pokemon. Unless you feed 100% of the experience towards it so it can evolve early, however you can do that with just about any pokemon and sweep if you're overleved. It's a good pokemon but it doesn't break the game, "broken" pokemon like alakazam and nidoking are broken because you can have them before the 2nd badge fully evolved, and can learn moves to counter literally everything you'll see.

>until then 48 base speed and 50 base HP isn't going to be broken against gym leaders
yeah, it's too bad overleveling and EVs don't exist in gen 5

good typing, defenses, and ability to set up
even in ultra moon, with fairy weakness and z-moves to withstand, it was an amazing pokemon on my team.