What format is more repetitive and stagnant?

Singles or doubles? Obviously doubles is presently ruined by Incineroar existing first and foremost... But in singles many Pokes have zero use at all.

Also some of the shitters with speed abilities like sand rush can actually move before dying in doubles.

Guess it's the result of GF making single battle games yet focusing on doubles and balancing everything around that.

Which format allows you to use the most off meta shit successfully, and allows you to refuse to use the largest number of "meta" (almost always ugly) picks?????

Attached: 294-2940554_meowstic-male-and-female-meowstic-both.jpg (820x534, 165.5K)

>But in singles many Pokes have zero use at all.

Mf has never heard of Smogon tiers. And it's not like doubles are incredibly diverse either.

Smogon tiers aka play a graphically shitty simulator to actually get to use those rules. If it was officially in the game, then great.

>graphically shitty simulator
as opposed to the graphically shitty actual game?

It's like a Facebook game or something. It's not a game. The same rules should be in the actual game to choose to play with.

Attached: 1651707998954.gif (718x480, 370.23K)

Doubles is more repetitive/stagnant meta wise, but it also excuses for way more offmeta play than singles.
Bring 6 pick 4, faster game pace, the scope of possible interactions between 4 pokemon, more volatile turns, and item clause all help soften the blows you take for using something innovative. However the core of the meta itself is definitely more stagnant than singles because of the restricted format.
In singles it gets really hard to win at a reasonably high level if you bring more than 1 offmeta pokemon, and the slower game pace+bringing all 6 of your pokemon means that you are punished noticeably by opportunity cost if your offmeta techs aren't applicable to the matchup.

>Obviously doubles is presently ruined by Incineroar existing first and foremost
Filtered

Nobody wants to use it, it looks childish and cringe.

So you can use a lower amount of off meta picks in singles? Really I just don't want to use Rillaboom and Incineroar ever, that's the main thing. I won't play a game at all if the match starts and I have them on my team, I'd just switch the game off. I'm not using them ever.

It would be very nice if GF included playable tiers in their game, but they never will because of what bad PR that is.
It's like admitting that some Pokemon are just inherently worse than others.

>It's like admitting that some Pokemon are just inherently worse than others.
Game Freak already admitted that they believe that when they erased 1/3 of all Pokémon from the main series. If they aren't to do the actually balanced the game, the very least they could do allow shitmons to justify their existence by giving them tiers they can be usable in.

>Game Freak already admitted that they believe that when they erased 1/3 of all Pokémon from the main series.
They tried to give an excuse that Galar is cold and some Pokemon just wouldn't make sense to live there.
That excuse is obvious bullshit that nobody believed, but it was an excuse. There's really no excuse to justify giving a Pokemon an objectively lower ranking than another.

Judging by the data, I would say doubles.

Attached: usage for VGC and OU may 17.jpg (609x764, 119.76K)

t. would be upset if Meganium got buffed

Filtered

GUYS PACHIRISU WON WORLDS 2 GAMES AND 8 YEARS AGO IN A VGC FORMAT WITH DEX RESTRICTIONS VGC HAS SO MUCH VARIETY

Attached: 417Pachirisu.png (1280x1280, 667K)

And how many games has Pachirisu won in singles?
That's what I thought.

900 ELO inside

>Guys this totally proves Karen’s quote!1!1!

The comments section of that video is comedy gold.
I wonder how many of them were inspired to go online and try winning with their favorites after that, and got thrashed because they didn't have a strategy?

Attached: karenfags be like.png (1294x912, 106.39K)