What do you belive is the most balanced gen competitively? By "balanced"...

What do you belive is the most balanced gen competitively? By "balanced", we understand a metagame where no Pokemon are overwhelming to deal with offensively or defensively. And no, a Pokemon having high usage doesn't mean it's OP or unbalanced.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-16 08.00.30.png (191x110, 7.3K)

Advance

phys/spec split, life orb, choice scarf, and choice specs ruined the game

probably 4

>NOOOOO, NOT MY WHOLSOME 100 TURNS GAMES!!!!!!!!

5, probably.

bait

3. Most Pokémon (outside of special cases like Sneasel) had good options, decent abilities, and the power creep wasn't so far forward that early gen mon were unusable. If Garchomp and sneaky pebbles didn't exist 4 would probably be slightly better simply because the split opened up a lot of options for Pokémon with shit STAB types and there was even more options for coverage and just general STAB while not being outrageous with it. 5 and onwards have too much options with too much powercreep, 1/2 have too little (but Gen 1 meta is fun in its own way).

Attached: 1614580847486.jpg (446x460, 32.26K)

3, abilities and new moves really gave everyone a niche.
If not, that 6 vgc format with legends banned, Megakanga was bad but MMawile still the goat.

Just pick the same 6 as your opponent.

>The gen where it was basically which weather ability would overshadow which
Nice joke

>he wasnt there when teams were 4-5 Dragon types spaming Outrage and a Magnezone to trap the opposing Dragon resistance(aka Steel type)

It's between gen 3 and 4. Gen 4 would have been my choice since the split, trick room and far better movepools offered much more options, but things like the power creep and overabundance of field traps also sucked.

4 is the best. It's the first gen where every type had decent options and you weren't fucked if your STAB combo didn't match your stats. It's also the last gen where it felt like GF were improving the battle system and not just tacking on extra moves/mechanics.

>And no, a Pokemon having high usage doesn't mean it's OP or unbalanced.
lol

That was gen 5, when Kyu-B and Haxorus were introduced and Garchomp and Salamence were unbanned.

Explain why it does.

the end of Gen 4

If a Pokemon has high usage, and I mean extremely high like Snorlax in gen 2, it means the Pokemon is necessary to win, which restricts the living shit out of teambuilding.

>it means the Pokemon is necessary to win
Landorus is not necessary to win.

I have never understood this sentiment when Sandstorm ran the meta for two gens previous.