Should i get gen 8 diamond or pearl?

hi.

i never played gen 4 (except soul silver which is best game btw), but if pokemon home turns out to be what i want and we can finally start to build up like a permanent pokedex and keep our old pokemon in the new gens as they come out then i want some pokemon to be friends with my sprigatito in violet.

basically, i kinda want to get shining or brilliant mostly so i can transfer cool pokemon over to violet later on. is that a good idea, or is it dumb? a lot of people seem to hate the remakes of gen 4 but idk why.

also if i get one should it be brilliant diamond or shining pearl? and why idk much about those games.

can i still get a shaymin somehow? i literally bought my first switch last month and have started arceus but it's weird switching between that and zelda bc the games are sorta similar but the controls are stupid different lol.

Attached: Brilliant_Diamond_Shining_Pearl_2021-08-18_49_Character_Selection.jpg (1280x720, 220.28K)

Buy platinum

Pirate it and spend the money on comissioning Sinnoh/Hisui lewds instead.

Emulate platinum

*Emulate platinum

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-15 231047.png (898x491, 423.97K)

No. It's outdated and not even 3D.

Get Diamond. Mons were a little better

>not even 3D
Based
>It's outdated
Fuck your sylveon, it sucks anyway

>not even 3d
I keked

yes so you can see a better game than johto

zoom zoom

Yes, definitely get BD/SP. It's a great Pokemon game despite what anons here tell you.

Get Shining Pearl, as it has the better exclusive Pokemon.

>outdated
nope
>not even 3D
weren't you talking about reasons not to play it?

my brother stole both of my 3DSs for meth money lol.

and i could emulate platinum on laptop, but a big appeal of the newer games for me is the pokemon home feature! i'm really hoping that now every pokemon i catch will be caught for good and transferable to all new games as they come out?

> gen 8 has the dexcut
> 'all new games'
Sorry, but I laughed.
Anyway, if HOME is the main reason you want BDSP, then sure, do what you want. You got on the boat pretty late though, since you missed both the Shaymin and Darkrai events. Only one you can do now is the Arceus event, but you need a finished save file on Legends Arceus for that.

>i'm really hoping that now every pokemon i catch will be caught for good and transferable to all new games as they come out?
Oh, user...

>Sorry, but I laughed.
>Oh, user...
is that not the purpose of home??

that's the dream, isn't it?

All Pokémon will not be able to go into all games, since GameFreak is limiting how many Pokémon they code into one particular title. They'll probably expand the dex when they feel like it, but there's no guarantee your mon will be in.
If you're okay with your mons not being able to go into every future game, then yeah; Home will do the job for you just fine. Anything you catch in BDSP will be able to go into a future game, as long as it's coded into that game.

just don't play Sinnoh it's hot garbage lol
>not 3D
zooooom~ DP is a 3D game it's just that the battle scene is lazy as fuck

if the purpose is to transfer pokemon over I wouldn't bother. with moves being deleted between games, pokemon ineligible for comp without the current region's nativity symbol, etc, the chance that the new games won't have your pokemon in it, transferring mons just seems pretty pointless. it's been 3-4 years now and Home doesnt actually give you any unique features besides GTS which was stolen from the main games

bump