Mechanics from PLA that should be part of the standard games

Mechanics from PLA that should be part of the standard games.
>Attack or Defense boosting moves affect both physical and Special stats, but stat changes only last a few turns

Attached: 30130349316051.jpg (800x450, 49.7K)

How about no. I like the current battle system and it's Pokemon exclusive gimmicks(Mega, Z moves, Gems, etc). Having this mechanic would be just as bad as Dynamaxing

The only good mechanic from PLA was the new ice-type burn that lowers Special Attack. Thats a good additional status

Everything else from PLA, especially the catching, are awful mechanical changes.

I don't think any of them should except replacing frozen with frostbite.

The only real mechanics that should stay are the QoL ones such as learning moves and switching them out freely.
Of course, rest assured, nothing good from PLA will make it into the mainline games.

Attached: 1465841444513.jpg (519x406, 53.22K)

was catching in battle really any different?

Pokemon being able to run before you even get a turn was

Other than that, I just did not enjoy the out-of-battle catching at all. After the first hour, it felt more tedious than anything.

>learning moves and switching them out freely.
See, I kinda don't want that one to stay. Its the equivalent of just having access to a PC in your bag, it does make the already easy games even easier

Unless those things are post-game only, I don't really want them to stay.

Annoyance =/= hard

I would rather not fly to 2 different place to forget and relearn a move I previously replaced

>having access to a PC in your bag
What kind of argument is this even supposed to be?
Are you saying that people should unironically have 3 different Lucario to switch out, or is this some ridiculous defense for switching out your 'mons for something else more strategic?
Be real. The only people who do this are the most autistic of the autistic. The rest of the world has a team, and no manner of compelling them to switch it with exterior forces is going to change that.

that's fair, I found it particularly fun to sneak up and use a bunch of different items to improve my odds of getting alphas

This. PLA mechanics and it's gameplay in general is the best thing that has happened to the franchise.
People may argue that PLA is boring, but if the same mechanics were to be applied to a main series region, it would be 100x enjoyable.

Convenience absolutely makes the game easier
the extra time required to optimize your pokemon for different situations is a soft deterrent, giving you the option if you really need it, but not making it so easy that you do it constantly

>Its the equivalent of just having access to a PC in your bag
You basically do have a PC in your bag in SwSh.
In PLA, it's more like having a move tutor in your bag. Or perhaps a machine that can teach techniques. A techniquing machine, if you will.

Unironically they balance it in PLA since all the move slot share the same amount of PPs

You want to know whats great about that????? YOU DONT HAVE TO FUCKING DO IT. Thank God people like you are the minority, if there is anything from legends that needs to stay it is the catching and improved models/animations

>Of course, rest assured, nothing good from PLA will make it into the mainline games.
idiot sv already showed us we wont be teleporting into another dimension when starting a battle so certainly there will be stuff form legends going into other main games

Drowsiness is also a nice add on as well as snow in general.

>JUST MAKE THE GAME SUPER ANNOYING BRO, THATS TOTALLY FUN AND ENJOYABLE
Or you know alternatively they could just make the game actually fucking challenging. Flying to change your moves is not nearly as much of a deterrent and most people dont even do that. Most people would just resort to over leveling if they face a challenge, at the least this means more people will actually interact with the movesets of their mons and learn of more strategies they can use with them rather than "big damage = kill" this is frankly just better game design. There is no need for archaic systems like travelling to a hub and talking to an npc to switch moves

>YOU DONT HAVE TO FUCKING DO IT
You do though, and thats the problem. The game essentially punishes you for not doing it this way.

The catching mechanics of legend are tedious garbage.

>You do though
no you fucking dont? other than the tutorial and unowns where do they force you to catch anything outside of battle? you can initiate a battle with anything and catch it like that