Arcanine should have been Fire/Dragon. Nintales should have been Fire/Ghost

Arcanine should have been Fire/Dragon. Nintales should have been Fire/Ghost.

>Ninetales
Spiritual and curse connection + it would have given more variety of ghost types and makes the choice between Red and Blue more important because you're picking between a second dragon and a second ghost

>Arcanine
Shut up my autism gives me super strength

Attached: 400px-Pokemon_RBY_CeruleanCity.png (400x347, 266.64K)

Arcanine should have been Legendary-type, along with the Legendary Birds, Mew/-two, etc.

Are you calling for Arcanine to be a legendary pokemon or are you calling for a legendary type altogether?

>calling for Arcanine to be
He already is
>or are you calling for a legendary type altogether
That too

Attached: 1jhmb.jpg (720x540, 86.19K)

Based. would legendary type resist everything?

Golbat should have been Ghost Type

>it's supposed to be a vampire bat. Vampires are undead like ghosts
>lick is a ghost move and golbat has a gnarly tongue
>bats = halloween = spooky ghosts
>the idea of a giant purple ghost bat is just cool

Legendary type should be strong against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, because dragons and evil people are defeated in legends, and a legendary hero would naturally be even better at fighting than just a normal martial artist.
It should be weak to Steel and Poison because modernization and corruption of values has made legends irrelevant.

The Zubat line probably would've been Dark-type if it existed back then.
Vampires are evil, bats live in the dark, and they're used constantly by evil team members.
I feel like Poison was the de-facto "evil/sneaky type" in gen 1, hence the evil team members and the ninja gym leader using them.

>another fairy type
Gross, keep that shit to your headcanon where it should stay

I like the idea of the mutually exclusive mons sharing one type and having a rare type as their secondary.

>Arcanine
Wouldn't have changed a thing. except for resistances since the sole Dragon Move in Gen 1 is Dragon Rage, which deals fixed damage. It's also extremely unlikely unless you introduced Arcanine in Gen 2, because Dragon Type's sole purpose for existing initially was to be a secret "Super Type" that among NPCs only Lance, the presumed Final Boss uses, particularly as a "Super Type" because it boasts resistances to all of your Starters' primary attacks (Grass/Fire/Water).
>Ninetales
Wouldn't have changed a thing. Sure, it could tell Normals to fuck off, but they could respond with Earthquake just like they do to Gengar. And even if we look past Ghost's interactions with Psychic being bugged, the sole Ghost Moves in Gen 1 are Lick, which has horrid damage, and Night Shade, which deals fixed damage.

>Dragon wouldn't have changed a thing. except for resistances
That’s a big thing. It would’ve just been a buff across the board being a Fire that was neutral to Water, with a bonus Electric resist. Blaine’s gym would’ve taken a bump-up in difficulty if you were relying on Blastoise/your Surfmon.

>Ghost wouldn’t have changed a thing
Except you immediately admit it would’ve gotten a free switch-in to the prevalent strong Normal moves in Gen 1. It also would’ve had a nice resistance to the infinite Poison types in Kanto. It also sets the stage for good Ghost STAB in later gens, same with Dragon for Arcanine.

What gen 1 pokemon would be dark type if it had existed? Id love a full list.

It's a shame they didnt update any of them like they did Magnemite.
Anyway I'd say Arbok, and Golbat. Maybe I could see Hypno as a psychic dark?

Probably Meowth and Persian, if only because of the anime.
That said, they already did do that with the Alolan form.

because of the hypnosis pound meme...?

If we're talking the power to 100% retcon, Umbreon is now a Gen 1 pokemon.

The stats were Atk/Def/Speed/Special right?
well, Flareon and Jolteon keep thier 130 Atk/speed respectively, Vaporeon now has 130 defense (60hp does kinda hurt it, but its now a different kind of bulky), and umbreon gets the 130 special (it has 130 special defense in Canon, so this changes nothing in later gens)

I'd also change the 'Nido' lines to be Dark rather than Poison (there are already a lot of poison types in gen 1, and the dark type makes their use by Giovanni more fitting)

Idk what that is but it's early dex entries imply it's malicious not to mention the FRLG three island lostlorn forest thing where a hypno is like attacking a girl

Arcanine should be normal/fire since it's supposed to be god related

Yeah. That meme didn't come from nowhere. Hypno canonically abducts kids.

>ghost typing wouldn’t have changed a thing
>in gen fucking 1
loving every laugh

>dragon
>in the one generation where dragon was designed as an exclusive type for a single line of Pokémon to be a rare reward
good one

Everything that used Hyper Beam or Body Slam also carried EQ.

Would've been very nice to have a dragon that didn't have a crippling weakness to ice. That would've been a great reward.