Better textures

Fucking finally

Attached: ScarletViolet.jpg (1440x750, 246.22K)

Magnemite looks worse desu

I hate this, pokemon designs are too stylized to look good with realistic textures

>yet reused models
AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, SHILLBROS... WE GOT LIED AGAIN!

Keep working on that English, champ

NINTENDO..

I think it’s pretty well balanced — the textures are very faint and only used to show the kind of material each Pokémon is made from. Far improvement over every Pokémon being smooth plastic. Now the Pokémon reflect light in a more realistic way, too

They look great idiots

The models are new dumbass

Yeah I think it's because of the eye outline

I dont want charizard to have scales

How much is Masuda paying you to shill?

those are cool so far, thanks for sharing op

The textures are better but the shaders are worse

Attached: Pokemon Legends vs SS (3).png (419x655, 407.63K)

good tradeoff

Id argue its worse. The details are better but the overall look is worse

ooooh normal maps

nope, it doesnt look that bad and its better than the mons looking glossy like plastic toys. the improvements to the models themselves is also well worth it.

I finally realised that the swsh shaders were supposed to imitate the watercolor artstyle. Still look weird as fuck but at least the idea was interesting

PLA paid for this by having less mons than GSC. how bad is it gonna be for SV?

yes but also, its gonna be weird seeing a Gardevoirs dress being fleshy, pokemon doesnt need to go the realistic approach imo.

They have a track record of showing the game off before proper shaders have been nailed down, but even then I'd rather good textures then really underwhelming textures and decent shaders.

I think it's going to be a case by case scenario and it most cases.. it's going to be worse. Stonejourner looks fine, but the Magnemite line being actually metallic for the first time since Pokemon Battle Revolution is going to be hard to get used to. What will Steelix look like? What would something like Muk and Grimer look like?

It's going to be either be incredibly inconsistent and offputting, or ALL Rock types are going to be covered in the same texture as Stonjourner, and ALL furry Pokemon will have the same fur texture as Lucario. Which is straight laziness and will look equally as terrible. So yeah, case by case they might look good isolated but there's no way these are going to look "better" than what we've had previously.

>there's no way these are going to look "better" than what we've had previously.
They absolutely will, how they looked in swsh was so dogshit that theres no way it could be possibly worse

Seviper looks worse than Magnemite