BDSP was released incomplete, and we need to download a huge Day 1 Patch in order to play the full game

BDSP was released incomplete, and we need to download a huge Day 1 Patch in order to play the full game.

What will happen in the future, if somebody wants to play BDSP, if the Day 1 Patch is not available for download on the E-Shop anymore?

Is there a solution to this problem?

Attached: brilliant-diamond-and-shining-pearl-1.jpg (1710x900, 199.77K)

Yes, if there's someone you know with the patch on their switch, you can update BDSP locally. At that point, you will likely also be able to hack the switch easily and bans wouldn't matter so you could also download it off the internet.

Their fault for starting that fucking late

Same as consoles that have dead online stores now - torrent the patches and hack the console to install them or just emulate.

Thank you! I have never hacked a console and I have no idea how to do that, but it may be worth the try.

Will this be doable in the future, even when the online suppordiscontinued has been discontinued?

>or just emulate
I wish there was a fully functioning smartphone/tablet emulator for the Switch. I would just play Pokemon there.

If you mean locally patching, then yes since it doesn't rely on online at all. If you mean hacking, then currently yes as well, but only for older easily hackable switches. The newer ones can only be hacked through an expensive modchip that is also difficult to install since it requires soldering. In the future, there might be an exploit through specific online services though for newer Switches like the PS4 has, but we don't know at this point.

Thank you. I have the Switch Lite.

>emulating on a smartphone/tablet
Just why

Because a Smartphone/Tablet is like a portable handheld console. For me, Pokemon is a handheld game.

Also, I have a GBC, GBA and NDS Emulators on my phone, and they work flawlessly.

I would want the same thing for the Switch Pokemon games.

>Smartphone/Tablet is like a portable handheld console
Except for the most important aspect of any gaming system, buttons. Gaming on a touchscreen is pure cancer

A software exploit is likely never happening for the Switch again, there's basically no attack vectors because the Switch OS is very barebones.

Boop

>BDSP was released incomplete, and we need to download a huge Day 1 Patch in order to play the full game.
Okay you basically admitted the game was released complete day 1

>Okay you basically admitted the game was released complete day 1
Alright, but this doesn't solve the problem future-wise, does it?

If I want to play an old Pokemon game like Platinum, all I need is a Nintendo DS and a Platinum cartridge.

But if I want to play BDSP when it becomes old, I will need a Switch, a BDSP cartridge, and that will be insufficient, as I will still lack the Day 1 Patch.

Do you see the problem here?

>Yes, if there's someone you know with the patch on their switch, you can update BDSP locally.
Really? I thought updates were made via the internet only...

I'm not going to pretend I think BDSP is as finished as it could be, but that's not the actual reason for the day 1 patch.
It's so they could fit the game on smaller (and therefor cheaper) switch cartridges and increase profits. It's corporate greed, plain and simple.

>It's so they could fit the game on smaller (and therefor cheaper) switch cartridges and increase profits
Has this been confirmed? Or is it just speculation?

I don't think they'd ever confirm something like that, but it makes the most sense. The things added by the day one patch aren't things that would be worked on and added late, it's basic shit like music, animations, and the postgame. Which are also things that take up lots of space.

This is industry standard, GameFreak's simply way behind the times and ILCA is more than familiar with the practice to optimize this method. TPC probably advised them to do this even to make the outsourcing job even less of a hassle on their part (and ultimately get everyone involved more money for less investment).

This is not exclusive to Pokemon, this is true for a massive majority of games going back 12 years.

Found the boomer. Don't you have a lawn to mow?