Which Pokemon game feels the most throwaway/no replay value?

Attached: 9CC35195-3827-4757-B67F-3C826809F8FD.jpg (612x408, 46.63K)

R/B

Ignoring XY since its an obvious pick, I would have to say Legends, just because it seems Game Freak itself is trying to burry it

Black & White

The first ones, not B2W2

gen 5

literally does nothing that makes it stand out from any other game. Want exploration? Gen 1-3 and 8 is better. Want post-game facilities? Gen 3-4 is better. What PvP and general QoL? Gen 6+ is better.

bait

bait

>NPCs arrived to destroy the thread

Gen 8 which is why I skipped it

Hello discord raider hivemind

SwSh

I feel like "throwaway" and having no replay value are two completely different things.
For example Black and White I'd argue aren't throwaway and if I wanted to get someone into Pokemon I'd recommend they play those games, but they have absolutely no replay value because you're almost always using the same monsters due to a lack of variety and you're mostly playing for the story anyway, which won't hit as hard on repeat playthroughs.
So with that said, I think out of all of them you can probably get away with "skipping" Ruby and Sapphire, since they really don't add much (and even take away stuff from Gold and Silver), but they have more replay value than Black and White.

SM easily at this point
>too slow/long for quick replays over an afternoon
>not even the most recent gen so online isn't a factor for it anymore
>other games have more content through battles/battle facilities, exploration, and reoccurring events
>USUM beats it entirely in the Pokemon selection
>story isn't good enough for players to come back to it

This, and if you want a more narrative driven linear game, gen 7 does that far better since the story is more well written and it actually has a semblance of difficulty.

>this meme of gen 7 being hard or having a good story

Sun and Moon, and ESPECIALLY Ultra Sun/Moon. I enjoyed the first playthrough but they’re the only games I can’t replay at all (not counting Gen 8 cause I didn’t buy them, fuck Gen 8)

not hard but it's easily harder than every other game
the story is well written, I have yet to see an argument proving otherwise

>it's easily harder than every other game
not even close, but keep coping
>the story is well written, I have yet to see an argument proving otherwise
You haven't proved t yourself, although I do agree. However, Gen 5's story is much better, and most people agree.

Gen 5
>the player is an integral part of the story, their ideals contrasting with N’s, culminating in the player being chosen by one of the dragons to fight N and his
>Your player character is directly involved with the plot and your actions affect things
>Team Plasma is a perfect allegory for real world organizations that pretend to have good motives but are really only in it for money and power

Gen 7
>The player gets to watch as Lilly’s plot unfolds
>The legendary belongs to Lilly, the main villain is looking for Lilly, everyone has some sort of connection to Lilly
>The player is just kinda there to fight on Lilly’s behalf
>Team Skull is just kinda there, and they’re not even really evil. Guzma is a chad
>USUM ruins the plot further by butchering Lusamine’s character and going “she’s not bad! It’s not her fault she abused her kids”

anything gen 4 and up. gen 4 started the trend of constant NPC interruptions and it only got worse each gen after.

>thought actually put into the region's worldbuilding and why the region does/doesn't have a league instead of just mindlessly copy/pasting Kanto for the nth time
>both villains have a reasonably grounded motivations
>thought actually put into multiple characters arcs including even some of the trial captains who get more development in optional side quests
>"NOOOOOO THIS ISN'T A GOOD STORY YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO THINK THE GAME WITH LE MAGIC CASTLE RISING OUT OF THE GROUND AND THE PRETEND-PETA KICKING ANIMALS 5 MINUTES INTO THE GAME AND THE GYM LEADER AVENGERS IS THE GOOD STORY INSTEAD!!!!"

Sun and Moon. USUM entirely invalidates its existence

I mean, it's far more compelling for the main character to be like, a character, and not someone who people just talk at.

>th-the player is directly involved in the plot so plot better!
This is a braindead stupid take. It's not a good thing when if it's done in the most contrived and retarded way possible. The player is only ""integral"" to the story because the game forces it. You have zero agency to make any choices, N just claims you're his rival completely arbitrarily and suddenly you're pulled away from your adventure and you're forced to deal with him because the plot needs to happen.

Either X/Y or SW/SH
X/Y is basically just replaying OHKO simulator with different coloured models, and the little bit of postgame just evaporates after 2 hours (you can see they tried to add some flavour mechanics but it's really just the modern equivalent of RBY postgame) and SW/SH is so unbelievably boring that I genuinely cannot imagine wanting to replay it or leave the DLC areas, there is just nothing going on in 80% of the game

Attached: 1614128204248.jpg (1300x1000, 484.02K)

>and not someone who people just talk at
yeah, that definitely doesn't happen in gen 5, it's not like the entire game is just NPCs telling you where to go or anything.

Attached: unova routes.png (371x317, 159.29K)

>X/Y is basically just replaying OHKO simulator with different coloured models and the little bit of postgame just evaporates after 2 hours
that's every pokemon game

Attached: bw.gif (256x204, 914.83K)

I'm not sure why you're replying to me considering I was defending Lillie being the main character in SM.

You’d have a point if the Gen 7 protag wasn’t also a mute that people just talked to. At least Gen 5’s protag is the true main character of the story
>the player being a side character in their own game is better!
Shut the fuck up and go back to discord

>replacing the league with something worse is good
>every IRL democracy (of the kind that many operate as nowadays) is trying to literally be America
>Gen 7 villians had grounded motivations yet their actions were completely irrational, unlike Gen 5 which has an evil team plot that operates close to a real-life coup, and with realistic dynamics between people of power
>character arcs, which Gen 5 did better at
>muh laws of physics about a castle appearing, yet cocksucking a game with literal wormholes filling in for dungeons because of laziness
>demonstrating inability to understand the story by using the same dreamyard strawman
Why is it always the bottom of the barrel retards who shit on Gen 5's plot?

>>the player being a side character in their own game is better!
If it makes more sense, then yeah, it is better.

good for you on soloing the game, user, not sure why you posted Unova though as I never mentioned it, sure seems like you're a contrarian trying to elicit a response when we both know that's pretty retarded but you got me

Maybe because it's a. How's called, an RPG?

You sound like the kinda guy who’d let his wife get fucked by another man because “it makes more sense”

They're going to hate me saying this, but probably Johto's games. Assuming you're not using repeat pokemon, you'll quickly be limited between all of the Man to mons that have been on past teams, all of the common Johto mons filling the first few playthroughs, and the high number of HMs cutting down options.

>>Gen 7 villians had grounded motivations yet their actions were completely irrational
what part of their actions were irrational?

>which has an evil team plot that operates close to a real-life coup
do real life coups make their actions obvious by doing the exact opposite of what they're claiming to do in front of people repeatedly and obviously?

The only real answer to this is SwSh and SM/USUM, and I don't even hate the latter but they have ZERO replay value