>Gen 4-7 tools: pastebin.com/WvTzcdPR
>Disassemblies/Decompilations: github.com/pret/
>US Platinum source: github.com/gainax3/retsam_00jupc

Pokémon Essentials
>Download (v19.1): mediafire.com/file/ahqbs30v7mvnx2i/
>Changelog: essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Change_log
>Wiki: essentialsdocs.wikia.com/wiki/Essentials_Docs_Wiki

Assets:
>Tilesets: mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy's DS Style Tilesets RMXP .rar
>Archived asset library: rheg.booru.org/
>WIP Gen 5 tiles: imgur.com/a/CiudS
>FireRed in RPG Maker: reliccastle.com/resources/193/

Notable fan game communities:
>pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=289
>reliccastle.com/

Last thread

Attached: 1633685857618.png (800x560, 57.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=40vrAZKpV8o&t=3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im too retarded for this

You're hostile, you're arrogant, you're the one accusing me of being what you are. I don't respect you because you choose to behave this way.
Well then it's a good thing Discord isn't a thing I use for my game. I use Pokemon Essentials, because romhacking cannot accomplish what I want to achieve.

While not related to coding, could I get some criticism of some custom sprites? I think I've done a horrendous job so far with these two grunts and could use some ideas on how to improve their looks.

Attached: Grunt.png (84x180, 3.04K)

Here's the female grunt.

Attached: Grunt F.png (84x180, 1.86K)

You should:
A - practice proportions before doing human pixel art
B - avoid using too much straight lines, these create jagged lines that are easily noticeable. The trick is to make something with a minimum amount of blocks look similar to how it should be given you have enough resolution so keep this in mind.

The proportions are way off. When you're working in a low resolution like this you pretty much have to go for a more chibi style to avoid making everything look like a 9 year old drew it. Make hands and feet smaller, heads slightly larger so you can get more detail in the part of the face which is the part of the character that people are gonna focus on most because that's how humans recognize each other, limbs/torsos a bit shorter with more uniformity in the overall thickness of the upper and lower parts of the limbs - the female's arms look fine but the male's look really deformed - at the scale you're working with on average a pixel's difference between them (the thickest part of the top of the arm shouldn't be massively thicker than the thickest part of the bottom of the arm, same with the thinnest parts for example) 2 pixels at most. As for coloring, use dithering to transition between colors to avoid so many hard lines and give it some depth. Don't be afraid to pull up existing sprites you like to use as a reference to see how they achieve the look you're going for, or even trace them yourself for practice as a study piece to get a feel for it before moving on to doing your own work.

If I could make a reason of why the evil team took control of the region, which of these sound the best?
1. Wealth
2. Imposing their ideals/rules/policies/faiths
3. Desire to oust the current controllers
4. Just power

First is not that nefarious. The other three are pretty much the same thing.

>*more detail in the face which is the part of the character that people are gonna focus on
Sorry, evidently I didn't proof read enough.

Can I get feedback regarding Pokemon Pink CBT?
youtube.com/watch?v=40vrAZKpV8o&t=3s

I have yet to see any footage of it played by others or an in-depth review of it.
Has anyone even beaten a Gym Leader or the final boss Professor Wisteria yet?

Attached: the subtle art of character design.png (598x491, 215.78K)

They want to legalize Pokemon fucking.

Make the villains SJWs who want world domination and use censorship+terrorism+cronyism to get their way.

I don't mind humongous tits but they should have some sag.

I see your list is composed of all the asspull questions I gave you lol. Try to add some things to the list of your own. If you are having trouble, think about real evil groups from histoy and people and how they rose to power without anyone noticing or opposing them. Try to find some interesting niche groups to look into rather than hopping straight to evil empires, read about the mafia or nestle or something. Tell us what you have for your evil team so far too if you want useful input. A leader? What do they look like, what is their personality like? If you have this in mind already then you can build the background and motivation of the team around that.

>Wealth
Generally it's extremely easy for the wealthy to be ambivalent or even malevolent as they are primarily interested in expanding their assets. Go for this one if you're feeling lazy, as it's within the public's collective consciousness that the wealthy are inherently evil.
>Imposing their ideas onto others
This one is harder to do, since it requires some nuance on how to do it. Generally the ideas have to have a ring of truth to them so that it's possible to reel in a considerable audience which they would need to have if they wanted to actually force their ideals down the majority's throats.
>Desire to oust the current regime
While similar to the last one, this one requires twice the amount of work done to pull it off, as the revolutionaries need a just cause to fight for.

Some more sprites I'd like some critique on. These next two are supposed to be the Jerk, and Nice rivals respectively.

Attached: Rival.png (84x180, 2.57K)

Attached: Nice Rival (1).png (84x180, 2.13K)

>n-no u!
It's funny that you call me the arrogant one, when I was more than happy to give your game a chance compared to the other people in this general that actually sling insults unprompted.
but not only did the product you create end up being utterly lifeless feature bloat, but you proceeded to shoo away all subsequent criticism and complaints and insisted that pink was "the smartest designed fangame" when your entire development philosophy is evidently just slapping on as many ideas as you can think of to make your game different for the sake of being different rather than for the sake of actually being entertaining or having an enjoyable game loop to anyone but yourself.
I am not the one making claims that I have created something revolutionary nor calling myself an indie dev for making a glorified asset flip, so it's utterly silly to claim that I'm the one that's full of myself.

Threadly Reminder! Do not reply to the autist!

Here they are. As you can see, their design theme is guerilla warfare/army soldiers. I'm thinking of having them in complete control with people's lives, getting rid of freedom of expression. And if anyone dares to defy them, they get thrown in prisons located in their HQ.

Attached: Bellum.png (1950x596, 594.11K)