Redistribution of Moves/Abilities

Sorry I don't have a cohesive table proving it, but fun fact: every single new pokemon line in Gen Vii was given a brand new, completely exclusive ability or move. They did this deliberately, to make each new Alola Pokemon have at least one thing about it that was special. The only exceptions were

>ultra beasts, which technically all shared Beast Boost between themselves
>this rule ultimately applies to new evolution LINES, not the individual mon. so there were random edge cases of midnight lyranroc not having Accelerock and Vikavolt not having Battery. pretty much every other fully evolved stage had an exclusive tho.
>did not apply to regional forms (however, a LOT of them did have exclusives as well. my guess is they really didn't want Aurora Veil to be exclusive to Ninetales, so dropped this idea for regional forms partway through)

And when Galar came around, they did it once again. Pardon me I don't actually know for a fact if they made it a hard rule this time, but I do know in Gen Viii they did the exact same thing and a good 90% of the new Galar mons have an exclusive move or ability.

Anyway, my point is if you've been wondering why Altaria lacks Cotton Down or Tangela not having Tangling Hair or Musharna Comatose, this is why. They still largely haven't gotten around to redistributing most of these exclusives yet. You know where I'm going with this. Tell me what old mons should get these exclusives!!!! These lists may help jog your memory, just scroll down to Gens 7 and 8.

m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Signature_Ability

m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Signature_move

Attached: d25yd75-64bcfc22-2124-4ff3-b49a-2449b774adbf.png (152x118, 3.41K)

Give Rampardos Acceleock and Shore Up to Hippowdon

>Shore Up to Hippowdon

Folks are usually dumb about what they try to give that to (the logic is supposed to be you're bringing sand into your body, so very few pokemon make sense to actually be healed from this) but actually yea Hippowdon is perfect for that. I think it already gets Slack Off but desu they should really change Shore Up to heal you more if a sandstorm is up.

Give literally all Rock Types Accelerock please.

>they should really change Shore Up to heal you more if a sandstorm is up.
It already does this.
And doesn't heal less in other ckimate, making it better.

Give Luvdisc Schooling or give me death

I still think Shore Up would be logical for the Tyranitar line as well, since Larvitar eats soil and sand is a type of soil. Really any Pokemon that subsists on eating dirt/rock or else uses dirt/rocks to repair itself has a solid claim to Shore Up.

While it wouldn't really help it, Tar Shot would be a thematic addition to the Grimer family's bag of tricks.
Snipe Shot should make its way onto things like Blastoise, Kingdra, and Octillery eventually. I'd say add it to the moves that Mega Launcher boosts if the Clauncher line ever picks it up.
Snap Trap was basically made for Carnivine.
Merciless might be fun on things like the Croagunk line and possibly some other Poison-types.
If we're allowed to just throw logic and balance out the window, I still want an event Battle Bond Greninja with Wicked Blow and Surging Strikes at some point as compensation for keeping it sidelined for the entirety of Gen VIII.

I think it would be better to just give new exclusive moves to old mons.

>every single new pokemon line in Gen Vii was given a brand new, completely exclusive ability or move
except me.

Attached: 1636132768303.png (1280x1280, 534.87K)

>let's bloat the franchise even more

Moves
>Ice Hammer and Mountain Gale on OG Avalugg, H-Avalugg and Abomasnow. Mountain Gale for something weird too like an overlooked Fighting type (Primeape? Throh? Idk)
>Shell Side Arm on Clawitzer
>Eerie Spell on a shitload of "mages"
>Wave Crash on Wailord, other Basculin forms, Wishiwashi, Mantine...
>Victory Dance on Victini
>Esper Wing on Xatu, Lugia, Sigilyph... Maybe something else that's out there but kinda logical, like Butterfree, Togekiss or Altaria
>Fiery Dance on a few other things like Oricorio, for one
>Spirit Shackle on Spiritomb for sure. Based on Japanese name, makes sense for Mimikyu too
>Baneful Bunker on something other than just Toxapex. Japanese name is pillbox, which is a type of military/machine gun bunker. So maybe Octillery??
>Floral Healing spread around to more Pokemon. Bellossom, Meganium, Florges and Cherrim sound like good picks to start with. Throw in Sunflora too so it can feel included.
>Stuff Cheeks on the other two lines with Cheek Pouch: Bunnelby and Dedenne
>Jaw Lock on something else, maybe Sharpedo, Bruxish and some of the dogs like Boltund, Mightyena, Granbull and Houndoom?
>Octolock for Octillery, Jellicent and Tentacool lines
>Spirit Break on more mons in general
>Freeze Dry and Aurora Veil on Dewgong, Veil for Aurorus (I know these aren't signatures but come the fuck on why haven't they gotten these yet?)

Abilities
>Tangela line with Tangling Hair
>Quick Draw on Clawitzer.
>Galvanize for Voltorb and Magnemite lines
>Screen Cleaner on OG Mime
>Mirror Armor on Bronzong and Cryoganal
>Triage on Audino. Maybe Blissey too for flavor but that sounds like it could be broken
>Dancer on Bellossom
>Grass Pelt on some other random Grass type, I'm thinking like Simisage or Wormadam? (then the other forms would get stuff like Sand Veil)

Spirit Shackle on Runerigus and Cofagrigus

Did other Pokémon get Spotlight in Gen 7?

>Veil for Aurorus
It's an egg move in gen 8. Why is it an egg move as opposed to being a level up move? I don't know but it's Game Freak.

why the fuck does lanturn not get recover

You could give baneful bunker to almost any pokemon with Poison Point as an ability, Quilfish in particular.

I'd also give Dewgong Refrigerate just so it can differentiate itself from being worse Walrein by having boosted Ice-type Fake Out.

strength sap, apparently bulbapedia doesn't consider egg moves to infringe on whether something is a signature move, but even then it only became an egg move in USUM.

Jungle Healing for pokemon like Rillaboom, Aipom and other monkey pokemon.

All the people whining about Aurorus getting Power Gem when it would probably get more use out of Diamond Storm.

>wanted a powerful version of power gem
>got rock type hyper beam

Attached: 38D7A717-0CF9-452B-80BD-10EE7D6134B0.jpg (350x299, 19.05K)

Starmie, lanturn, clefable, and spinda by breeding.