What was the point of merging the dragon type with fairies...

What was the point of merging the dragon type with fairies? I thought the whole point of the dragon type was to be the elite strongest type in the game, hence why it resists the 3 starter types and is only itself is super effective against.
Same goes for the Steel type. It resisted nearly every other type so it was meant to be the ultimate defensive typing. I don't get why it needed to be buffed offensively.

Attached: pokemonGoDragon-1-768x432.png (768x432, 537.85K)

>What was the point of making the dragon type weak against fairies?*
How the hell did I fuck that up.

Because right around gen 6 they decided competitive balance was more important than the single player balance.

Because GF wanted to appeal to girl/tranny players by giving them a dedicated type that can fuck up the metagame (I.e. dragons who arent even tough because if typing but rather dragon types having higher stats on average). Steel being strong against fairy makes sense lorewise (fairies being weak to cold iron etc) but keeping gamut of resistances is pretty unnecessary (it was unnecessary even back in Gen 2).

And they didn't solve either. Just carry an ice attack, all Dragon Pokémon except Hydreigon were x4 weak to Ice when Fairy was introduced.

You could also have weakened Outrage if that was the problem (btw, it literally was the only problem with Dragon at the time). Imagine making Bug, Fight, Ice, Grass, Dark and Psychic useless only to "fix" a problem caused by a SINGLE move. Oh wait, that's what happened.

>all Dragon Pokémon except Hydreigon were x4 weak to Ice when Fairy was introduced
moron

except megas are extremely unbalanced even in competitive

This.
>dragon/weather nerf
>gale wings/dark void/priority nerf
>terrains/intimidate nerf
Prepare for weakness policy, grassy glide, and expanding force to be nerfed into oblivion for SV.

Pure dragon is 2x ice weak. Kingdra was only weak to dragon prior to fairy. Zekrom, fug and the Lati@s are the only legendary dragons that are weak to ice.
Gen 5 dragon resists four of the most common types and only steel resists it.

The ones that people used were, with maybe the exception of Kingdra, which has no stellar stats. Legendaries do not apply:

- Dragonite x4
- Salamence x4
- Garchomp x4
- Altaria x4
- Flygon x4
- Hydreigon x2
- Haxorus x2
- Druddigon x2
- Kingdra x1 (!)

If you had problems against Haxorus, Druddigon or Kingdra, balance is the least of your worries.

Hydreigon was also weak to Fighting and Bug, there were lots of ways to bring it down

>instantly moves goalposts
kek fucking retard

I’m not claiming they’re GOOD at it, the single player was never particularly well balanced either, but the shift in efforts is noticeable

Maybe you should try to play the game instead of just looking at numbers. If you had a problem with ANY of the pure Dragon types or Kingdra, seek help, you might be able to apply for a disability pay or something

>merging
nerfing*

It's been nine years and Dragoncucks are still seething. Fairy is the gift that keeps on giving.

Attached: Pokemon-Hatterene-Smug.jpg (1280x640, 42.85K)

As much as I’m upset that Ice didn’t get buffer at all I’m happy that poison got a buff but I’m still mad

""""""""balance""""""""
Kinda ironic because Fairy mons are all but balanced.

Yes, Dragon was very good but you could just buff Ice instead. They need it anyway.

I don’t know why people think fairy is OP, outside legendaries it’s like

Togekiss
Whimsicott
Tapus
Hatterene

And only Togekiss is really used for the express purpose of throwing out high power fairy stab.

Togekiss alone is the infamous flinching machine. Also Clefable when people aren't using it only for metronome memes. All the mythical/legendary fairies are also very good indeed

What about Mimikyu

>outside legendaries
>Tapus

And I forgot Grimmsnarl