Is shining pearl any good? Havent touched peral since the original came out and i never played platinum...

Is shining pearl any good? Havent touched peral since the original came out and i never played platinum. I'm not sure if I should play it or play black and white, which i never did play.

Attached: b3335f19d2c50ab0f7d6f9740902fab6.jpg (1125x2000, 342.5K)

It’s unironically really bad

Well this is probably the best response im going to get so i guess ill pass on it and play black and white on my hacked n3ds.

If you never played platinum you might enjoy it

It’s pearl but faster and way too easy thanks to friendship mechanics

Man idk why they don't either just remake the 3rd game for these remakes or at least incorporate all its additions. It just makes me feel like im playing a lesser game regardless of its fancier graphics.

Buy Legends: Arceus instead. I don’t usually agree with the general pessimism on this board surrounding the newer pokemon games, but Shining Pearl is legitimately not worth the money. PLA, however, is new, engaging, and really fun.

>Is shining pearl any good?
Its a Sinnoh game. So no.

If you buy it for more than $20, it's not worth it. General QOL stuff + being in the current gen gives it some novelty the originals don't have, but they don't have any staying power. PLA is a far better Sinnoh "remake."

Answer avoided your thread via your shout! *pause as game processes an upcoming particle effect*
>*b'wwip~!* heart animation

Well I don't have to buy my switch games because i have a hacked switch but the footage I've seen of arceus really did not look good to me. I'd rather play a traditional pokemon game.

Yeah if you haven’y played legends arceus get that instead is not the most groundbreaking game ever but if you have nostalgia for pearl it will get you, i played bdsp and felt nothing i couldn’t even get myself to finish it but when i played legends everything clicked and i had a really fun time completing the dex and getting my team ready for the final battle, the new dialga/palkia music is really good

I would still suggest giving it a shot, but if a good traditional Pokémon game is what you’re looking for, your time is still better spent playing BW than shining pearl.

I guess i can give it a download, its free for me anyway kek.

well if you're not paying who cares? play that shit. it's just DP but not slow.

Remakes are kind of bad in general. FireRed and LeafGreen were great simply because they didn’t mess with the original too too much but gave it the much need graphics and sound upgrade because the originals were on Gameboy Color. After Gameboy Color though, there was really no reason to make remakes even if HeartGold and SoulSilver came out okay. None of the other remakes live up to the originals.

I enjoyed it, but I would say that's due to nostalgia. Rematches were cool, but I would argue it's not worth buying just for post game rematches. It's just d/p HD with forced exp share and friendship mechanic and underground

HeartGold and SoulSilver were just as good as FireRed and LeafGreen imo. Everything after was just unnecessary and not done well.

There's more competent platinum romhacks you could be playing. BDSP are lazy, rushed, and hollow. It's like the team that did it have no idea what makes a pokemon game good or what fans like.

Worse than normal Pearl.

BDSP are the first true honest-to-god pokemon games we've had since HGSS. Everything from BW to SWSH and Ligma Arseass are pretenders.

Easier up until Cynthia who is actually somewhat challenging ( EV trained, held items etc). I wish they put as much effort into the whole game as they did to her fight. It's one of the only redeeming qualities of the game, by which I mean one of the only things wmthey put any effort into

Go play readycucked Red if you want that shit. I don't want to have to make my team whatever the shitty meta in comp is just to play the game.

Neither do I but I'm just glad the final boss actually feels like a final boss rather than another press A to win ur the best trainer ever :)
The title of league champion should feel earned, and it certainly does in BDSP