Anyone else just find it boring compared to the originals? The engine...

Anyone else just find it boring compared to the originals? The engine, added plot elements and remixed music just don't do it for me. There is a lot of content but it's not fun to play. I don't think any of the remakes surpass the source material and would be happy if they just stopped doing them

Attached: PokemonHGSSBox.jpg (467x213, 67.19K)

ok discord

I like gen 2 just not hgss

ok gentwoer cancer

The originals are better, and they also get Pokemon Stadium 2. But HGSS are still good, I liked the Gym Leader rematches and Kanto being a little more restored.

Okay, you're wrong, but okay.

Can you actually say something that is a reason why you think GS is better?

At the end of the day some are the changes weren't neccasary and harm the pacing. And gen 4's engine still isn't as optimized as it could be despite being a bit better than diamond and pearl.
I can definitely appreciate the effort I just wish some parts were skippable or you got gb sounds from the start since I don't like most of the new music. The wild and trainer themes in particual are a lot more grating and busy in the remake

This is gonna be a real headass take and I'm gonna get shit for it but I've always hated the following Pokemon mechanic.
It's kinda cool at the start when it's your starter following you, but once you get into building your team and you need to put your shitmons at the top so they get exp it loses a lot of its charm watching a Zubat or a Geodude following you around.
I'd rather they just let you toggle it off.

Attached: walkers.png (1001x663, 846.67K)

My reasoning is that I find GS to be a smoother and more cohesive experience. It can be replayed many times without getting bored whereas HGSS feels more of a chore thanks to the slower engine and tacked-on handholding and plot elements. And while subjective I just prefer the look and sound of gen 2. Gen 4's blocky 2.5D is pretty meh

Yeah but it still works better without your battery dying every few years. That's why i hate gsc. Impossible to play except in emulator, and the emulator doesn't work with the real time clock.

>and the emulator doesn't work with the real time clock.
I don't know what shit-tier emulators you're using, but most modern-day GBC emulators do actually work with the real time clock.

vba, whenever i start the game it asks to re-adjust the stupid clock.

I agree. I thought a lot of the plot aids was just part of being tacked onto gen 4 or something. HGSS are nice games but only if you really had no experience with GSC.

Based. Following pokemon is one of the dumbest gimmicks people want to return. They add very little to the experience unless you're an autistic self-inserter.

>Anyone else just find it boring compared to the originals
yes
the added railroaded/tutorials and worse sprites ruins it

I don't think it's boring. I just don't like it as much as the originals. The music, the look of the game, and the pokemon sprites all are better to me in the originals.

>He is not autistic
why are you here then

Try Sameboy for GBC games, it's what I've been using and it works great.
For GBA mGBA is better.

>They add very little to the experience unless you're an autistic self-inserter.
I don't self-insert and I love following pokemon. Any extra spotlight the pokemon can get is welcome to me.

Sorry but that one also makes me re-adjust the real time clock everytime. I don't know how other people fix that issue, i just can't.

The main thing I hate about this game is how you're forced into fighting the box legends when in the originals they were there and you just had to find them. Ever since fucking Hoenn you've been forced into fighting/catching box legends and they're center focus of the plot

You aren't forced to fight the other box legend, groudon/kyogre or lati@s.

Try mGBA instead. I was able to play both Crystal and Emerald with 0 problems with their real time clocks

You let your nostalgia for the originals get in the way.
The remakes have everything from the originals plus.
There is absolutely nothing that the gen 2 games do better than the remakes.

You are literally complaining about having more.

Most of the remixed tracks are generally worse with a few exceptions, but I feel like the most important ones are the ones it messes up the most.