/pcg/ Pokeclicker general

"Good" design choice edition

>What is it?
Pokéclicker is an open-source game built around the story and content of the Pokémon games. This is an idle & clicker type game that is currently in beta release phase. New content and patches are released frequently.

>Wiki
pokeclicker.miraheze.org/wiki/Home_Page

>CODES
Start Menu > Save > Enter Code
>OOOSHINY
Free shiny
>FARMINGBOOST
10,000 Farm Points and 100 Cheri Berries

FAQ:
>How many regions are available?
Kanto through Alola

>How do I get to the next region?
Catch all the Pokemon in your current region. (Can turn this off in the menu, under Challenge Modes, but can't turn it back on)

>How do I increase my CLICK attack?
By catching new Pokemon, shinies increase it an extra 50%

>How do I do x with berries?
pokeclicker.miraheze.org/wiki/Berries
pokeclicker.miraheze.org/wiki/Farm

>What route should I do "Catch X Pokemon" quests on?
pokeclicker.miraheze.org/wiki/Gems
Refer to the routes in the Gem Optimization table. If you're in early game, Kanto 7/8 is best for Psychic, though it, and a number of other types (Fire, Electric, Ice, Rock, Dragon, Dark, Steel, Fairy) are best left skipped at that point.

>What underground upgrades do I take first?
Energy Regeneration is your best bet. Max Energy and Energy Regen Time are also decent picks.

>Holy fuck this takes forever
It's an incremental game, you're not supposed to blaze through it. Sit down, grab a drink, relax and avoid red meat, you're nowhere close to the hard part

>Flutes?
pokeclicker.miraheze.org/wiki/Flutes

>Are the Hatchery Helpers worth it
Depends on your level of activity, and resource generation.

Previous:

Attached: 1652451182696.png (1057x119, 30.18K)

>dungeon cheevos still demand a ludicrously high clear count
>dungeon loot is garbage and being made even worse
>the dungeons get huge for the sake of it without any increase in rewards gained
>farming sucks with no way to tell if something's done growing without actively clicking on the farm
>farmhands are completely worthless with how long they take for a harvest check paired with their insane cost
>dev wants to actively make all of these worse

It's over...

Attached: IT KEEPS HAPPENING.jpg (338x342, 35.18K)

>Removes berry drops from dungeons forcing people to use the cancer rng mutations
>People just start injecting the berries directly into their accounts still refusing to use the mutations
Why don't game devs realize that if there are two mechanics that allow you to get a certain outcome at a similar rate, and one is significantly more used than the other then maybe the other one is shit to use and they should focus on that instead of nerfing the one people default to. But instead of having two nice things we will get no nice things. Great fucking thinking.

And it's not like dungeons are good or fun. Berries are just too slow and random.

>Pokeclicker
How do you balance clicker games? I've attempted to make a few but they always turn out boring, either too fast or too slow.

What is it with devs balancing via nerfs instead of by buffs? Buffs are more fun, while nerfs make something already tedious way worse

where do i get this game

I don't agree with this in a vacuum, in a skill-based game, sometimes nerfing something can really make the game better, even if it's a singleplayer game. If you only ever fix imbalance through buffs, you'll end up with crazy power creep. But in this game, the only difference is tedium. Berry farms are simply more tedious.

Currently doing the Hoenn Deoxys questline and holy fuck I hate the "catch 200 Psychics" bit so far.

so .. nowhere then

If this is what filters you, this game is too complicated for you.

What theme do you use user? I like the dark ones but there aren't many
>THE SUPERHERO
pure aesthetic fun and kino

Attached: pokeclick space.png (1389x927, 681.82K)

fine by me

I'll concede on the multiplayer front, but as far as singleplayer, what does nerfing accomplish?

Do what I did. Breed only psychics, this counts as catching.

I'm a cheating bastard. I got curious on how to add plates and gems but I've only worked out gems.
App.game.gems.gainGems(amount#, type#)
0 = Normal
1 = Fire
2 = Water
3 = Electric
10 = Psychic
17 = Fairy
Seems fairly straight forward and seems to go by where they're listed on the gems tab.

Can't figure out the Plates. I think
player.gainItem(NameHere)
but I'm not sure.

How would >(You) fix dungeons?

Attached: 1564894502513.png (1612x1686, 170.3K)

i'd stop making them fucking bigger

It's
Underground.gainMineItem(id#, amount#);
I have no idea what the ids are. I tested it and 1 is rare bone, 2 is star piece. Finding the plate ids is homework for you.

Better chest drops the more you progress
I mean, if you are increasing the tile number and pokemon HP, why not improving the rewards?

If one strategy is so dominant that it makes others unviable, that makes the game less interesting. You could buff every other strategy, but then the game becomes easier. Nerfing the dominant strategy can be a good solution. Plus buffs have a way bigger risk of breaking the game. If you overnerf something, worst case scenario, that 1 thing becomes inviable. If you overbuff something, worst case scenario EVERYTHING else becomes inviable.

Similar to the auto repeat button that unlocks when you do Gyms/E4 often enough, put in a button to automate it after a certain number of manual clears.

>100 autoclick wins so the game can do it slower and pricier
Gyms/E4 should allow autorepeats with 10 wins maximum.

That's the one you pick, I added that info now!

Thanks. 108 seems to be Grass Plate so maybe it's between 100 and 120.

One small change I'd like to see are trainers with 3 or more Pokemon giving increased dungeon tokens and maybe gold when you beat them, excluding the bosses. Those guys, especially in later regions, eat up so much time - especially when the dungeons are huge and hard to even 2 shot anything - that running into multiple of them can often mean not getting the clear if the boss isn't found right away. Might as well give a little bit of extra compensation for having multiple full-strength Pokemon to go through on a single tile, and it would make those insane dungeon costs slightly less draining.

>dungeon has no catchable pokemon, only has trainers
>the chests still only have X items