I hate the dexcut

Of all the things for the Switch Era to do, why did have to be the one thing that breaks my heart?

Attached: 93cyss43a8qz.jpg (640x397, 33.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=05XY7BUyJXI
cgworld.jp/feature/201707-cgw227GG-pokemon.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was a shit test, Game Freak was seeing how badly they could fuck over their fans while getting away with it, we we fucking failed. Game Freak doesn't respect Pokemon fans because the Pokemon fanbase is the only one domesticated enough to see 1/3 of their beloved characters being looked in prison (while being forced to pay for it), and be happy about it it.

Toxapex and landorus deserve to fucking die.

I appreciate the dex cut. I understand why people don't like it, but I think that people are too stubborn and inflexible.

this is just an uncontrolled victim complex getting the better of you, dude.
the most recent pokemon game is not the only pokemon

Why did it have to be a shit test that screws me over? Why couldn't they just be grateful for the loving fanbase instead of turning it against itself?

How exactly are you screwed over?

Why do you appreciate it? I can see someone making a case for the OG dexcut with RS, but this time around I can't find a good reason or even an excuse for it.

> I appreciate you getting punched in the dick. It was funny. Lighten up bro

It's fucking obvious if you have empathy and trying to explain it to someone who doesn't has been proven to be a fool's errand for 3 years. Go fuck yourself.

reclaims dev time from the dumb precedent of having to carry every single pokemon into every game. Gen 7 should have had the cut.

lol, I understand. you're one of the stubborn inflexible types.

>think of the codes!!!!

>instead of turning it against itself?
They turned people who don't play pokemon against people who do though.

I don’t like it but I understand why they needed to do it.

I think this is the most reasonable opinion to have. you're gonna make it, champ.

>they needed to force home suscri[tions
Sure, Joe.

I don't think anybody is really turned against each other. there is a group of people who is mad about it, and a group that isn't. they aren't enemies.

wouldn't they make more from home subscriptions if you could actually use it to transfer in any pokemon?

>they aren't enemies
Yeah, all my friends accused me of sending death threaths.

I'd perhaps agree with you if the new games had any edge over older games in terms of content and polish
PLA at least feels like it justifies the dex cut the best, but I still think it's a bit lacking in terms of pokemon variety

The group of people who is mad about it is always furious at the people who don’t care because they see them as “enablers”; if everyone just stopped buying the games in protest they’d be forced to bow to their whims

If the issue is that they didn't have enough time, you don't think they could have just hired a few more people to make up for that? Maybe just add a few more people to do the work of carrying over all the Pokemon, so you could get what you want as fast as you want it, and other fans could also get what they want?

Attached: rezjopn2hoo71.png (1080x1080, 280.68K)

Not really. Not more than Bank atl east.
nice fanfic

Don't even try user, the dude has no idea about software development, he thinks all of it is just transforming limited codes into assets and nothing said in the last 3 years convinced him otherwise.

Why?
that seems to me my impression, too. I don't mean any harm or I'll intentions to these people, we all just love pokemon but they act like they're the only pokemon fans.

It's called having a sense of honor faggot

Maybe, but that's not what happened. If it were so easy, I can't imagine why they wouldn't just do it.

I do play Pokémon games. I'm playing red right now

honour? what do you mean?
I was literally trying to understand your point of view, because you are an individual, but you just treated me like an enemy. I can only assume you like the adversity at this point.

but that game only has 151 pokemon...

> ignoring the existence of shithead counterprotesters

So how can you say you appreciate it for saving time when you don't even believe it would have been possible with more time in the first place?

>Why?
>what is sarcasm

> I don't mean any harm or I'll intentions to these people, we all just love pokemon but they act like they're the only pokemon fans.
nice fanfiction

Hopefully your arguments,whatever your side is, are consistent with that then.
Shills's aren't.

user, this dude thinks models were reused and remade at the same time, they never cared about making a consistent point.

what? that's not what I said. I just believe that if it were easy, they would have done it. There isn't any reason to exclude pokemon if it's simple to include them all, right? There must be a reason.

I treated like an enemy because you refuse to give me empathy and instead opted to give me negative sympathy and I tried to explain how I was screwed over a dozen times but you fuckers just saying "lol it's just imaginary animals who cares."

If I said " I going to spray you with cat piss if you don't give me $20." Would that be okay because $20 is a small amount of money? No it wouldn't

Which was all the Pokémon at the time

oh I see
I didn't do any of that, but I don't want to agitate you any further. Take care of yourself, champ.

With their budget it's literally inexcusable, i wouldnt mind if they re-added them all with DLC every time byt they dont. SWSH could have the full nat dex by now.
Also forcing me to hope that MAYBE i can use my favorite mons each gen is so fucking gay and it forces a HOME sub so hard that i may never use. Also before that strawmanning le Stantler nigger comes in and shits up the thread my main complaint is specifically that i cannot use any of the Sinnoh starters in SWSH

> if it were easy, they would have done it.
>youtube.com/watch?v=05XY7BUyJXI
It was easy to add a pokeball at 49:00 and they didn't.
It'd have also been easy to give the dlc for free and they didn't. Meaning that they don't do just easy things, so not an argument.

> There must be a reason.
Yes, which isn't logistical. We've discussed this for three years and you'd know by now if you cared about knowing.

l don't come to the same conclusion you do. I still believe there is a logical reason, even if I don't have the exact insight.

First off you speak like an ESL, second off:
>I may not understand why i hold this opinion but i still believe that it makes sense
bruh...

the people who bitch about the dex cut are the same people who don't even touch the game after beating it so I couldn't care less.

>There isn't any reason to exclude pokemon if it's simple to include them all, right?
To save on cost and thus add to profit, because they know fans like you will buy it and/or defend it anyway. It's greed user, simple as that.

>l don't come to the same conclusion you do.
baesd on what then?
>I still believe there is a logical reason
which is it?

That implies the game was played up to beating it which is more than what shills can say given they have people like you who think the credits roll when you complete the dex.

You're the missing the point: if you don't see how hard-core collectors were screwed over by the utility of their collections going down after THREE FUCKING YEARS, you lack empathy. simple as

> Implying thinking the dexcut was necessary is reasonable

You don't know how induction works do you?

That's literally false though

I genuinely don't understand why collectors would feel like they don't have their collection. Is it just a matter of seeing all the pokemon in the most recent game?

Defending corporations will never make sense to me from a consumer perspective, you literally gain nothing from it and drown out criticism that could make a game better which in turn makes the product better for you the customer. And to make this about pokemon, the pokemon themselves and teambuilding are what the game is all about, their the ones that let you build different teams and give you different gameplay options so a dexcut is one of the big things you should not defending, even "shitmons" give you different options that you can use to make interesting teams if you're willing to use them.

Attached: 49897472_303.jpg (700x394, 38.69K)

well, yeah, ultimately the reason comes down to money. Not necessarily a bad thing, just reality.

It's really not about defending corporations, it's more about not being bothered by a change because it aligns more with my values. Just because I disagree with your on this matter doesn't make me a shill, we're both individuals with a breadth of opinions and values and I don't mean to reduce yours just because I'm trying to understand it or expressing mine.

No it isn't.

>Oh, you'll still have all your baseball card collection, you just HAVE to store it in three different houses despite them fitting perfectly in one

>Defending corporations will never make sense to me from a consumer perspective
Well, it does if they pay you. Which is why we assume that's the case for people who do so.
They somehow take it as an insult though.

>ot being bothered by a change because it aligns more with my values
What values are those?

>Just because I disagree with your on this matter doesn't make me a shill
This means you get something out of it that isn't a direct payment from them. What is?

>I NEEEEEED MY GIRAFARIG IN THE GAME SO I CAN TAKE A PICTURE OF ALL ITS RIBBONS AND POST IT ON LEDDIT AND THEN NEVER TOUCH THE GAME AGAIN
nah

Is Girafarig gonna be the next Maractus/Stantler for you retards? Would be nice to see a regional, thank you.

What's funny is that Girafarig was already rotated in.

No, it doesn't come down to money here. They have more than enough money to solve this one particular issue and make everyone happy with regards to this one particular issue. They chose not to do that because they're greedy and know they can get away with providing an inferior product. That is a bad thing.

You've gone from saying you appreciate the dexcut because it saved time, to admitting that you don't actually have a reason to defend it because you can't come up with a reason to excuse it, to acting like the most profitable franchise in the world just didn't have the money to get it done. This is my last response to you, because you're either sycophantic or trolling. If it's the former, you're hopeless, and if it's the latter, you're actually even more hopeless.

I do have my card collection split up between a box for commons and uncommons, another box for rares and in progress decks, and a binder for trades.
I like a heavier hand with curation when it comes to pokemon games, though. If you ask me, swsh didn't really go far enough and the campaign and metagame still felt pretty messy and bloated. I understand my opinion isn't the popular one, though, given the habit of romhacks having a totally blown out dex.
I don't get any more out of it than you do, I don't know what you mean by that.

I think the ideal compromise would be to allow importing of any pokemon you want, but keep them out of facilities and official formats. Let people use whatever they like in-game, but keep the regional dex tightly designed. Who knows if it will ever happen again, though.

There are many autists that treat Pokemon like a life simulator and "need their bros" for the postgame for their immersion. It's people who treat Pokemon as one and done games after beating the league who wouldn't care. Justified since it literally doesn't change their experience

Yes it is retard. Casual players aren't completionists
It's about a sense wholeness retard.

>and "need their bros" for the postgame
What in the postgame exactly? Staring at their ""bro"" in camp?

You're blowing this arguing way out of proportion. If you really believe they have an unlimited budget and manforce, I won't be able to say anything to change your mind, because you've made it up.

Unless you'd been keeping up with the games since Gen 3 it was getting kind of unfeasible to actually "catch them all"

>even "shitmons" give you different options that you can use to make interesting teams if you're willing to use them.
I don't understand what people don't get about this

How is a cool precedent dumb?

>I do have my card collection split up between a box for commons and uncommons, another box for rares and in progress decks, and a binder for trades.
Oh, right, boxes are as expensive as houses.

>I like a heavier hand with curation when it comes to pokemon games, though.
Literally " think of the codes". You had 3 years to prove it being a zero sum game.

>f you ask me, swsh didn't really go far enough and the campaign and metagame still felt pretty messy and bloated.
That alone proves its not a zero sum game though.
Not to mention that bringing up the metagame as if it were affected shows you never touched an actual competition as then you'd know they have filters(even in swsh).
Its because the arguments made from your side let it be seen that you people never touched a pokemon game that we assume you might not ge fans.

>I don't get any more out of it than you do, I don't know what you mean by that.

If you don't get money you get someone else.
Otherwise there'd be nothing to gain for you and you'd have no reason to weigh in at all as that's just a matter of people who want the full collection and GF.
People outside GF have no reason to interfere unless they can prove they get something out of it and they couldn't do so in 3 years.

>I think the ideal compromise would be to allow importing of any pokemon you want, but keep them out of facilities and official formats. Let people use whatever they like in-game, but keep the regional dex tightly designed. Who knows if it will ever happen again, though.
That's literally what BBND is though.

They're autists, what did you expect? They like to self-insert and act their childhood dream of living in the Pokemon world, which is why muh walking Pokemon is a popular feature. There's a reason why they're common in the Pokemon fanbase. It's a mediocre franchise that was built on sentimental value of numbers, so when that was taken away, it left them screaming because they treated it like their life. Normal people who just beat the game and move on, couldn't care less about anything else.

Normal people also don't bother to make up narratives to defend a company decision they allegedly don't care about, just saying.

I don't know what you mean by "think of the codes"
It doesn't sound like we disagree too much, just have different priorities when it comes to the games.

You're only screwed over if you have low impulse control
>There are many autists that treat Pokemon like a life simulator and "need their bros" for the postgame for their immersion.
This is insane

The dex cut was great.

The only part of the criticism to it I understand is people now have a bunch of pokemon they can't actually use in the most recent format that Pokemon Home doesn't provide. Making a Pokemon Stadium Ultimate-esque game would solve most of that issue, but who's to say.

>You're only screwed over if you have low impulse control
How is long term collecting low impulse?

>I don't know what you mean by "think of the codes"
Its a mock of the shill narrative that everything in a video game comes from a single limited resource, like you're doing.

>It doesn't sound like we disagree too much
We do though, you think its a zero-sum game but, aside from contradicting that yourself, you can't prove it. So you (allegedly, and assuming you're not a shill) believe something you can't prove yourself. And that's not counting the fact you're literally agreeing with the people you like to claim to disagree with.

> just have different priorities when it comes to the games
That's the thing, you think priorities factor at all in this.

>The dex cut was great.
Explain how so.

Feeling like whether or not you buy games means you have power as a "consumer" by not supporting the company

>"I'm thankful GF doesn't allow me to use the same team every run because I can't control myself" side
>accuse anyone else of low impulse control
keke

who is joe? joe mama?

What the fuck does not realizing how little you "voting with your dollar" does have to do with low impulse control faggot?

Attached: No correlation.png (367x381, 5.48K)

I have honestly no idea what you mean at this point, user. I tried to keep up, but I don't know what your mean by zero sum game or anything. What am I saying that your disagree with?

Dexcucks are eternally pathetic. This franchise just keeps getting better and better but here you are whining that your heckin wholesome shitmon cant make it into the new games. Get over it.

>but I don't know what your mean by zero sum game or anything
That the game is improved just by not having all species available.

> What am I saying that your disagree with?
That its a zero-sum game.

>being this butthurt three years later
Thank god I play other games

there is a single limitating resource
the people who work on the game
unless you imagine the game gets codes another way after all?

>quite literally "think of the codes!!!"
damn you shills always have new lows.

>Explain how so.
Bear in mind this is specifically me, a fairly casual player who only really played up to gen 3 before jumping to SwSh and showdown.

Having a national dex in a game basically says to me "Yeah, you CAN have all the pokemon, but their not all in THIS game. Fuck you, buy the all previous games if you want the shiny completion medal". Having a cut dex let's you 'complete' the game with only a couple of version exclusive trades.

The greater reason is that is makes competitive much more interesting, in the early days people were using a bunch of weird mons (and some of the overpowered ones that were introduced this gen, sure) but then it was ruined by bringing back a bunch of staples and made the meta stale again.

etc.

I think having all if thhe national dex were programmed in like rse would be fine, but I do genuinely enjoy the game better with a smaller regional dex. I know this isn't the popular opinion, though, most people prefer having more options, but to me some of the design gets eroded this way.

How else does the code get made unless people are coding it? Do you know something we don't?

>Having a national dex in a game basically says to me "Yeah, you CAN have all the pokemon, but their not all in THIS game. Fuck you, buy the all previous games if you want the shiny completion medal".
Pokemon games had incomplete dexes and required trading ever since the original one.
The shiny charm is given only for the regional dex starting in alola so that's not an argument.
Not to mention you can contact people who have access to the previous species and get them via trade.

>The greater reason is that is makes competitive much more interesting,
You can achieve the exact same result by filtering pokemon available to a competition. SM did this exact thing.

Now, props for AT LEAST admitting to be a casual player, but, as you can see, there really is no justification for the lack of full dex.
Most people who swear they're hardcore players make the same points.

>programmed in

>enjoy the game better with a smaller regional dex
That has nothing do to with the dexcut discussion at all.

>Do you know something we don't?
Well you ARE the experts on video game development allegedly, right?

Even with more dev time the game ended up even shittier

>4, FOUR, games in the switch
>We STILL don’t have the entire dex
>Madura technically lied by saying your favorite won’t be in

WHERES MY ELEKTROSS

They didn't need to do it.

If your fave wasn't in any switch games than its eternally a shitmon. Cope

dude how does the game get programmed if not by people
I never claimed to be an expert, stop being such an arrogant prick

At the end of the day, the dex cut is a non-issue, the entire thing blew into this giant fuckfest because Gamefreak are actual retards during interviews.

Like, that entire Treehouse Presentation was a fucking disaster, showing you the ugliest shit imaginable and having Masuda announce the dex cut live with the wild area looking as ugly as it did, for the graphics and animations

yeah there are many things I would have done differently, but adding more pokemon wouldn't be near the top of my list, personally.

>dude how does the game get programmed if not by people
I never said that was the case though
Also
>shills calling anyone else arrogant pricks

>This franchise just keeps getting better and better

Attached: 1647317444187.png (1080x929, 447.15K)

The dex cut happened because they want you to buy Pokémon Home. That’s the core reason.
Designing the games to be more coherent with the amount of Pokémon available is cool, but not really a reason to not let you bring the rest in.
Pokémon Home is a scam

>If your fave wasn't in any switch games
then you should consider it lucky. It's perfectly at home in the REAL Pokemon games with the NATIONAL Pokedex.

The only game this entire generation that had any justifiable reason for the Dex Cut was Legends Arceus and that’s because it was an actual complete game

The entire start and purpose with SWSH was horseshit

>Designing the games to be more coherent with the amount of Pokémon available is cool
I always thought it was cool that you could bring in Pokemon that were clearly out of place. The dexcut is indefensible.

Simply, do you think that manpower and the people working on the games is a bottleneck, or not? You claimed there isn't one limiting resource.

It happened because updating 1000+ characters in every single game isn't feasible.

It still boggles my mind that out of the 5 switch games we have/getting(SV), Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee is unironically still the best looking ones with a consistent and clean art style. And even more embarrassingly the only game that got following Pokémon right in this era while SWSH and BDSP are tripping.

>do you think that manpower and the people working on the games is a bottleneck, or not?
Technically it is.
It can be increased though, specially for repetitive tasks.
>You claimed there isn't one limiting resource.
Because there isn't.

is there any other game series that does something like this, out of curiosity? I can't think of one, but maybe anons know better

It is though if you're not retarded about it.

I see.

Pokemon is literally the most lucrative media franchise in the world. They could have spared some money to update some sprites to keep the games true to their spirit and continue a tradition that had been carried on since the beginning (yes, even between Gen 2 and Gen 3; you couldn't transfer, but they kept the National Pokedex in Gen 3, even the spin-offs), but they didn't want to.

But before this generation, it was expected for complete games to have it. Even the spin-offs games that allowed trading with the mainline games had the full Pokedex! There really is no excuse.

I think game freak should be properly treated like the flagship of the pokemon company but that's the merchandisers. I bet if we saw the actual budget activity we'd be horrified.

>It is though
No it isn't.

>I read a number on wikipedia so they should be able to put infinite content into the game!!!
That's not how game development works.

What exactly is the insurmountable obstacle to including the full National Pokedex?

>Pokemon games had incomplete dexes and required trading ever since the original one.
There is a difference between only needing to transfer or trade less than a dozen version exclusive pokemon and having to move over hundreds from previous games.

>You can achieve the exact same result by filtering pokemon available to a competition. SM did this exact thing.
It's kind of telling that they would need to go the extra step to restrict the available pokemon for competition to say that being able to choose from ALL pokemon doesn't make for the best experience.

Honestly hearing people mention Gen 3's national dex as a good thing is disheartning, that was probably the most blatant cash grab this franchise has ever seen.
>oh you want a complete national dex? Well, make sure to buy both copies of the Kanto remakes in order to get all the old Kanto and Johto pokemon not in Ruby and Sapphire!
>what's that? You did all that but still don't have a complete dex? Well that's because you forgot to buy the new Pokemon Colosseum of course! Be sure to get it to have access to the Johto box legendaries, the legendary dogs and Espeon and Umbreon, who are conveniently unavailable in the main games due to the absence of a day and night cycle!

Attached: colosseum.png (250x355, 171.33K)

It's not a genuine dex cut anyway if Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, and Ninetales are going to be in every game from now on. It's just a shitty fuck you to everyone who's favorite Pokémon happens to be unpopular and is a covert marketing scheme.

There isn't, it's just laziness. They don't even need the full over 800 mon NatDex, they had a perfect solution in the Gen 7 games with all mons coded and playable but only a few on the de, but then they decided fuck it, let's dexit.

I'm interested that people feel like it was a cash grab. If you didn't want the game, would you buy it just to catch slowpoke and a johto legendary?

Updating 1000+ characters every single game.

What "updating"? Isn't that Creatures' job and not GameFreak's? All they have to do is make some new textures, fuck with the shaders and slightly modify the models to give them proper eyes and mouths instead of sticker textures.

>Updating 1000+ characters every single game.
The models are the same shit since Gen 6, the only update they get are movesets tweaks at best.

Why do you consider it impossible for the literal most lucrative franchise in the world to perform some minor graphical updates?

I wish I could find the exact interview, I can't remember it was right at e3 or a damage control interview afterwards, but it was mentioned that b the sm nat dex nearly didn't make it in, or that it was otherwise a lot more work than they expected. I have no idea why.

Because that's a few thousand dollars less that Ishihara can get out of a game that's guaranteed to sell over 10 million copies at the absolute bare minimum.

>I'm sad because my Cacturne won't be sitting in a PC on the switch for 3 years
Grow up

Back then most people didn't really give a shit, or if they did (like me) there wasn't much you could do about it aside from silently fuming, but if Twitter and Any Forums had been around you bet your ass people would have been cursing Game Freak to high heaven for it.
Colosseum was also the only way to get the Johto starters before Emerald was released.

>What "updating"?

>The models are the same shit since Gen 6
No they aren't.

>I read a number on wikipedia so they should be able to put infinite content into the game!!!
That's not how game development works.

Attached: 1646020038860.png (586x561, 364.12K)

Answer my question. Why can't they do it?

but did you want to play the game?

>Y-YOU WEREN'T GOING TO USE THEM ANYWAY BECAUSE THEY AREN'T VIABLE!!!
Alright, so competitive viability's what you want. So remove every single Pokemon except for Incineroar, Zapdos, Kyogre, Zacian, Thundurus, Landorus, Kartana, Regieleki, Grimmsnarl, Whimsicott, Ferrothorn, Dragapult and Tapu Lele, all of which are VGC staples.
Everyone else is a worthless shitmon or novelty at best. Imagine how much quality they could put into the new games and new Pokemon if they only had to worry about only ever bringing back those Pokemon and their pre-evolutions?

cus the game gotta come out for holidays

Why can't they patch them in later? That would be better than NEVER getting them.

Well no, I didn't even own a Gamecube so I only got to play it at a friend's house, but I was still infinitely mad that I couldn't get Typhlosion and Espeon on Ruby without it.

>conveniently ignores the rest of my post that explains exactly what you're showing
Again, isn't that Creatures' job and not GameFreak's? That's literally all Creatures even does anymore is make models for Pokemon, how is it that difficult?
Do you also sincerely think you're going to get a Thank You letter from TPCi for your hard defense force work on an irrelevant, Anonymous Taiwanese Tightroping Imageboard?

Textures aren't models.

Pokemon was always about immersion. That's what the original game in 1996 was designed for. Taking that away for "muh streamlined gameplay" is not only dishonest, it's straight up immoral. Especially when you consider their original excuse of "getting rid of the old meta" went by the wayside right when they reintroduced Landorus, Ferrothorn and Heatran in the DLC. They don't care about the actual playerbase. Only compfags and nuzlockefags.

>immersion
That's every game
What could they really improve about the models or animations?

>It was a shit test, Game Freak was seeing how badly they could fuck over their fans while getting away with it,
Gen 7 was the shit test after how much they stripped not just from Gen 6 but the series as a whole. Gen 8 is only worse because it followed the principle Gen 7 set.

>They don't care about the actual playerbase. Only compfags and nuzlockefags.
Nuzlocke players love randomizers, which are significantly more interesting with the National Pokedex. Everyone lost.

Because updating 1000+ every characters every game costs more time and money than it's worth.

>Again, isn't that Creatures' job
Wow user you're right, the 3D modeling department is a separate department, therefore every AAA game in existence should be able to shit out an infinite number of models. That's definitely how it works.

I never said textures are models.

I remember trading my friend entei to his ruby version because he really liked it. we honestly didn't even know what would happen, but the trade worked normally and he was really proud of his entei. Good memory.

You haven't explained what they can't do. You've merely insisted they can't do it.

I wouldn't agree with that. When I make my randomizers I almost always limit the dex, and I love that I have that option.

Well, the National Pokedex still gives a much wider selection to choose from.

probably because he literally can't answer that question with any real certainty, but him not knowing doesn't mean it hadn't happened

Modern day nuzlockers are basically just speedrunners who only care about optimization and use rare candies.

>Have literally over a year without these Pokemon in the meta at all, people experimenting with brand new stuff like Weezing+Gigas, Coalossal+Dragapult, Goodra+Comfey etc
>GF adds them at the end of the game's lifespan
>Pretend this is indicative of the entirety of the generation's doubles meta
>

that it certainly does, but virtue of having more pokemon.

>You haven't explained what they can't do
Update 1000+ characters every game.

It's not indicative of just SWSH's Doubles Meta, it's indicative of the Doubles Meta as a whole.
Unless they sincerely go out of their way to powercreep and hard-counter these staples, they're ultimately all anyone's going to come back to when they return, and all that time experimenting and using novelties is rendered null and void.

well, a youtuber niche uses that as an excuse to call their nuzlockes hardcore but actually be more convenient and predictable

That may be the case for professional players. I'm just talking about casual players. It's cool to have encounters from every region.
What specifically must they update and why can't they do it?

>Models
They don't need to, they already future proofed to not consume dev time and even then that's Creatures business not GF. The entire reason why the 3DS game were so fucked up is because the models were too high quality while the games themselves were too poorly optimized, we lost triple and rotations because 6 moltres on the field fucked things up.

>Animations
How about making sure no-sig moves don't look awkward or weird when coming out. Last I checked Blastoise has a pair of water cannons to shot water not from his fucking forehead.

Trading Pokemon always felt like such an event as a kid cause I didn't have any close friends with a link cable, so I only got to do it a handful of times.
It was basically second christmas, except instead of a PS2 I got a Machamp instead.

Attached: machamp.png (684x684, 317.16K)

>What specifically must they update
Models, animations, moves, and stats.

>and why can't they do it?
It costs more time than it's worth.

I play different pokemon games to use different pokemon and this makes most of the games gen unique. I fear the nat dex making every game feel the same because it has the same pokemon.

he won't accept this answer, because he imagines they hand infinite free labour

I also had no concept of how breeding worked back then, so I just thought if you wanted all three starters you had to cuck someone else out of theirs.

Attached: heh.png (422x280, 103.85K)

yeah when gen 2 came out my little brother was old enough to play so my parents got us a link cable so we could trade, it was a great memory and something I really miss
It isn't my favourite gen, but I loved how baby of my friends from around the world I was actively trading and battling with, and I'm afraid it'll never happen again.
I know this thread isn't about this, but thank u for sharing these memories with me user. I hope we can have a friendlier Any Forums.

this was the case in gen 1
if I were going to restart my game, I would unironically rent another yellow version, play up to when you get all three starters, and get a friend to help me trade them over wth his gameboy and cable
badass afternoon

>Models
A few textures, adjusting the shaders, some bump mapping to make it look like there's more depth than what's actually on the model, and slightly tweaking the models so they have actual eyes and mouths instead of sticker textures.
>Animations
This could be solved by giving common skeletal rigs that allow them to reuse and slightly modify various animations that aren't too important to the personality and traits of the Pokemon, thereby meaning effort that goes into one Pokemon can go into multiple. Not every single Pokemon has to have a one-of-a-kind way of movement unless it's literally how they function (i.e. Spinda).
>Moves
What does this have to do with the Pokemon outside of Signature Moves? Non-Signature Moves are completely separate graphics and effects separate from the Pokemon that are universally applied rather than a per-species basis.
>Stats
Of all the things you could refer to, you refer to the one they can LITERALLY copypaste from game to game? It does not take hours of bone-shattering work to do this or look at a shitmon and say "giving it +10 in a stat it doesn't use will help it be viable, I'm sure of it".
>It costs more time than it's worth.
You mean "we have no reason to give a shit about anyone except Pikachu, Eevee, Lucario and Charizard because the sheep don't give a shit either and will buy it anyway as long as the Pokemon Logo's on the box, you can capture Pokemon, and Pikachu and Eevee are in the game."

you should see if u can help them out for the new games user

> It costs more time than it's worth.
We're talking about a central feature and tradition from the very beginning. If they had the slightest bit of respect, they would've put in the tiny amount of effort with their vast swaths of money (Need I keep noting that Pokemon is literally the most lucrative media franchise in the world?) to keep it going.

They wouldn't take me regardless of any skill I have because I'm a foreigner who can't be used as an easy scapegoat for any controversies in similar vein to how people target James Turner exclusively for "bad Pokemon designs" even though a Japanese Company like GameFreak would absolutely ensure that brand new Pokemon are filtered through the Old Guard to ensure they have approval and blessing, as the Old Guard best understand what makes a Pokemon a Pokemon.

>A few textures, adjusting the shaders, some bump mapping to make it look like there's more depth than what's actually on the model, and slightly tweaking the models so they have actual eyes and mouths
Takes too long to do when there are 1000+ characters and they update it for every game.

>and slightly modify various animations
Takes too long to do when there are 1000+ characters and they update it for every game.

>What does this have to do with the Pokemon outside of Signature Moves?
>Of all the things you could refer to, you refer to the one they can LITERALLY copypaste from game to game
There you have it folks, proof dextards don't actually play the games past the credits.

>You mean "we have no reason to give a shit about anyone except Pikachu, Eevee, Lucario and Charizard
There are hundreds of other Pokemon they put into each game. It's odd that you cite Charizard even though Charizard literally wasn't even in the most recent game.

>We're talking about a central feature and tradition from the very beginning
How do I transfer in my Cyndaquil from Crystal into Ruby and Sapphire?

1.- Lazyness, since they just reused models.
2.- Shill will defend Gamefreak anyway
3.- Normies and cocksusckers buy it anyway
Simple as.

>1.- Lazyness, since they just reused models.

>It's odd that you cite Charizard even though Charizard literally wasn't even in the most recent game.
They're making up for its absence in PLA by shilling it in the anime as the literal final boss of Ash's entire Pokemon Journey thus far, stronger than God itself.

>all that time experimenting and using novelties is rendered null and void.

Why?

>How do I transfer in my Cyndaquil from Crystal into Ruby and Sapphire?
Cyndaquil can be obtained in Emerald and XD and traded to Ruby and Sapphire. Quilava can be obtained in Colosseum, traded to Ruby and Sapphire, and bred to produce Cyndaquil. I didn't say transferring had been a continuous tradition, I said that featuring the complete Pokedex had been a continuous tradition. It should be noted that transferring between between Gen 2 and Gen 3 would've been programmed in if it hadn't been for technical limitations that weren't present in Gen 8, since you can transfer certain Pokemon to Gen 8.

He's a dexfag user, he doesn't actually care about playing the game in a current state, all he does is daydream about the future.

>I said that featuring the complete Pokedex had been a continuous tradition
Except for when Colosseum and Emerald didn't exist?

All the Pokemon were programmed in and became available without the use of cheating devices as more games were released. Gen 8 hasn't even gotten a post-release patch to add every missing Pokemon.

>j-just use cheating devices bro!
So it's not an actual tradition and you're pulling things out of your ass?

Why would I play this sorry excuse for a game in the state it's in right now? Why should I care about a publisher that straight up said "fuck you" to my face multiple times even before the dexcut?

Are you illiterate?

what the fuck happened to the XY Models being future proofed so they could keep being reused years down the line?

>what the fuck happened to [fan made conjecture]?

Because those Pokemon are now worthless and outclassed, and therefore have become irrelevant shitmons.

They decided they wanted to charge money to store Pokemon in the cloudTM.

you don't have to

The models were LITERALLY so hi-poly and detailed that they made the 3DS chug, user.
You cannot seriously look at Primarina's polycount and tell me "this was made with the Nintendo 3DS and not future platforms such as the Nintendo Switch in mind".

Lol true, I was mad about the Gen 2 and 3 split back then but ultimately I have a lot of fond memories from back then.
Maybe in a few years we'll look back at today with fondness too, once the next inevitable Pokemon shitstorm is happening.

Attached: trade.png (240x160, 18.61K)

And? They were part of the meta and hadn't been previously. You had 2+ years of organic meta growth before restricted format where people use the overtuned staples.

yeah, you're right, they should have made the models look like shit just like every other game just for muh precious framerate in a turn based game.

Attached: 1622996112455.png (1508x670, 614.16K)

Yeah, they shouldn't have made the game lag for "improved" models that they then decided not to use because they realized they could charge money to store Pokemon if they cut the Pokedex.

fans complained about them so they decided to keep iterating
up to you whether it was worth it or not

I feel like they could have easily mitigated this issue if they just gave them different idle poses in every game.
That's basically what the DS games did.

Attached: pikachu.png (1280x720, 859.61K)

they also use the same models for Go with different textures and shaders if I recall, looking for the source on the "future proofing" thing this leads me to a japanese site where apparently it says they have a "low poly" model they use in-game (this was during the 3DS) and a high-poly reference model

cgworld.jp/feature/201707-cgw227GG-pokemon.html

By iterating do you mean reuse? Cause I remember people datamined the SwSh Models and the only one with significant differences to past gens was Noibat who had a remodeled face.

That's just change for the sake of change.

3D was a mistake. Look where it's gotten us. "Sorry, our future proofed models that made the games lag aren't good enough. If you want to keep your team, you better pay up for a few decades until we decide to include them in a new game."

How can you appreciate it when we got nothing of value in return? We didn't get improved animations or models, the routes have no exploration, the post game is somehow shittier than previous games, how can anyone look at this and go "This is fine?"

Well yeah, but it's exactly why people complained about the models in the first place.
The models aren't bad, it's just boring seeing these mons look and move the exact same way for 9 years now.
Not to mention how jarring it is considering how much personality there is in the new mon animations.

>Improved animations or models
Yes you did
>Improved battles, multiplayer features, and trainer customization
What actually matters
>Exploration
Pokemon is never going to be a lost in the woods adventure game come to terms with it

I hate the dexcut because unlike Gen 9 which seems to at least be updating some models, Gen 8 improved nothing and they only cut 50 pokemon. How hard could it have been to add those last few mons and start cutting when actual work is happening.

>Scarlet and Violet
Sword and Shield started the dexcut, dumbass.

I like the 3d, but mostly because I’m a /3/fag. Human models need to catch up, I guess. You would think they’d be easier since they’re biped humanoids.

>Gamefreak cocksucker
>retarded
Figures!

>Improved battles
Battling was severely curtailed by the dexcut.
>multiplayer features
Multiplayer interaction was severely curtailed by the dexcut.
>trainer customization
You can't be serious, but at any rate, team customization, which is more important, was severely curtailed by the dexcut.

In gen 3, every single pokémon was programmed in the game, dumbass.

>The only metric of battle and multiplayer interaction quality is how many Pokemon there are

And how does that make the fact that you needed to buy Colosseum to get your Johto starters any better?

>Because updating 1000+ every characters every game costs time and money
And they have 90 billion dollars, so they CAN. They DON'T WANT to. Lazyness, then.
Same model, different texture. We already humilliated shills with reused models in Sword and Shit.

>open Any Forums
>see this thread in the catalog
>200 replies in 3 hours
>let's just see the IP count
>IP count: 33
Let me guess; discordfag meltdown over criticism of nu-Game Freak.

Attached: 1487729915911.png (500x500, 260.51K)

Yes, reducing the things you can use reduces the quality.

Improved battles in the generation that removed Pursuit, Hidden power, and completely changed a bunch of mon's movepools? I think a bunch oof flying mons lost access to Roost if I recall, and obvioously Toxic too

>I never said textures are models
So they reused models, then. I accept your concession.

You have guessed correctly.

Nah just plain old shitposting and bait. Dexit is a really shitty thing so the bait works even now.

I don't give a shit about your fanfic meta where every Pokemon uses every move it's ever had for 20+ years lol
I think that's where the core disagreement comes from on dexcut, you think the game is supposed to be about using the same Pokemon you had 7 years ago with the same learnsets and they have more value because they have "exclusive" moves.

>you think the game is supposed to be about using the same Pokemon you had 7 years ago
It is. That's why GameFreak charges money so you can store your Pokemon in the feeble hope that you may get to use them in a new game in fifteen years.

>the game SHOULD'VE looked like shit!
I'm glad you retards don't work at GF.

Attached: 51f.gif (400x240, 711.26K)

Or you just leave them in their game?

Scarlet and Violet continued the dexcut, dumbass.

>And they have 90 billion dollars
No they don't.

>Same model, different texture
No it isn't.

>So they reused models, then
No they didn't.

No wonder dextards are so mad, they have no clue what they're even talking about.

You do realize this also means that Pokémon transferred from older gens where they had wider movepools (Zapdos with Toxic comes to mind), are OBJECTIVELY better than any mon caught in a newer game because of this? Do you want that to be the case instead?

>You do realize this also means that Pokémon transferred from older gens where they had wider movepools (Zapdos with Toxic comes to mind), are OBJECTIVELY better than any mon caught in a newer game because of this?

You can't use these mons in ranked
you cannot use the mons
outside
the
fanfic
meta

>what are friend battles
I'm not talking about NatDex OU, dipshit

The game looks horrible due to the lag. We were supposed to tolerate it because the future-proofed models would ensure the National Pokedex would be present in all future games. How did that work out?

>friend battles
Who gives a fuck

casuals? Anyone who likes playing 6v6, singles or doubles? Anyone who likes having fun?

just people talking, there is a couple shitposters but this isn't such a bad thread

I wonder what the new pokedex will look like?

you're creating your own narrative so nobody can prove you wrong. this isn't argument.

It's an issue to me

I'd have been able to accept it if PLA were the first games we got but instead we got
>3DS level remakes for Gen 1 upscaled for Switch
>3DS level Gen 8 game with Kaiju inserted to justify it being on a home console OOOOOOOOOOOOH WE COULDN'T DO THOSE ON 3DS PREASE UNDERSTANDO
>Literal DS games put into Unity with amateur 3D assets that barely correspond to the series' established art style and no Platinum content besides a literal room
>Finally get the game that actually has the meat and potatoes a Dex Cut would justify in 2022, at the cost of the game's world and geometry being literal wasteland with an ass draw distance
And thanks to the Modern Marketing Machine of Pokemon, you just know we'll know fuck all about SV before they come out. I don't even know if I can be bothered to pirate. PLA I got mostly out of nostalgia for DP (lord knows I wasn't getting Brilliant Diaper and Shining Prick) but at this point the only facet of this franchise I care for, still purely out of nostalgia, is the anime of all things. Fucking ASH is more engaging to me than the actual games. I hate what this series has become.
You could kinda see the writing on the wall thanks to series like CoD and Fifa but even so, it hurts to see.

>bumping a dead thread, just to blogpost about how growing up sucks, when it means the kid's game you played for years stops caring about you
Maybe it's because I lived through an extinction event, but I find it really hard to give a shit for the whingeing of children over their pokémon, when they at least have the option of saving them for the future, even if it's not the immediate future.

>It's kind of telling that they would need to go the extra step to restrict the available pokemon for competition
You mean like they literally do for SWSH DESPITE having the cut?