What do you think of this game?

What do you think of this game?
Ever tried doing the Gym Leader Castle with only rentals? How far did you manage to get to?

Attached: 1627706105552.png (476x331, 352.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm0507793/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm
github.com/mike19283/Pokemon-Stadium-2-Randomizer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ive beaten the Gym Tower with randomized rentals and no items before. Got hard stuck for awhile on Clair.

i only ever played stadium 1 but 2 looks really fun whenever werster plays it

With rentals, 7/10 game.

Playing in conjunction with GSC? 10/10, the best Pokemon experience full stop, literally the complete Gen 2 experience. GSC was already maximum soul, but Stadium 2 is the like the dessert after your main meal at the worlds best restaurant.

minigames

Been playing Stadium and Stadium 2 for most of the Spring. Mostly just using the GB tower now that I've defeated R2 in 2, but I beat Prime Cup R2 and received a Surfing Pikachu from Stadium the other day.

>randomized rental
holy shit is there a romhack somewhere? I need this.

You just pull 6 pokemon from a random number generator with all the gen 2 pokemon in it.

Feels good to beat it with shitmons like Noctowl, Stantler and Magmar.

Could never beat it with rentals. Furthest I got was Elite Four at the champion. I thought I would be able to continue it from the champion but no, had to start from the beginning of the Elite Four

I got this game instead of the first one and hence never had a Transfer Pak as a kid. It was really hard to beat with only rentals but I'm pretty sure I at least managed to get a bit into round 2 with them. I know that I tried to do shit like Double Team Yanma in Prime Cup because fuck that shit.

I decided it made more sense to learn the breeding mechanics in Gen 2, and build a team of my own. You can only lose to Lance's bullshit so many times.

it really is the gen 2 battle frontier on steroids.

>trading bonuses, pokemon with special moves
>able to play your cartridge at high speeds, breezing through grinding
>use your own teams to beat challenging teams that don't rely on quick claw OHKO
>many different kinds of settings for battle
>minigames that are actually fun
>Round 2 with even harder enemies
>soulful stadiums and great music remixes

yeah it's a blast and I wouldn't expect any sort of "stadium" game released in the modern era to be close to as good.

I didn't have any Gen I games or a Transfer Pak, and I was only ever able to rent Stadium from Blockbuster. But I owned Stadium 2. I remember it had Ho-Oh and Lugia on it at the beginning, but then I lost them somehow? I don't know how I had them in the first place, but I'm sure the game wasn't used. Anyway, I could only use rentals and I'd get walled pretty hard around Team Rocket who were either right before or right after Pryce. One day I did manage to get through them, but I couldn't beat Blackthorn Gym.

I really liked the Pokémon School and its tutorial battles. I remember realizing one day that they were like puzzles, and that matches like the one where the opponent kept raising their Evasion could be overcome by selecting Pokémon with moves like Swift. I loved all the multiplayer battle modes and options, along with single-player modes where you tackle different cups like the Little Cup. The fact that you can unlock a Round 2 where you battle all the Kanto Gyms is really cool. And the mini games were really charming and acted as our Mario Party when other kids were over. I did always wish I had a Transfer Pak though. I would have loved to use my team in 3D, and I wanted to use Mystery Gift to get all those exclusive items. Plus being able to play your Game Boy Pokémon games on the big screen seemed so cool.

I don't mind if the Stadium games didn't have actual stories. They felt like console add-ons to Game Boy games. To remix so much of the music and have Sugimori do all that new art and reference the content and characters of the Game Boy games made it feel worthwhile. Battle Revolution felt so disconnected and lacking in content in comparison. Also lacking in visuals compared to its reveal trailer.

Captcha: PAWGW

BAM THUNDER PUNCH
WHOA THAT WAS FAST
IT'S DOWN ALREADY!!!!

I wish they had a narrator for the SwSh gyms.

Would bloat the game's filesize by at least double digit GBs from uncompressed audio in every single language for the literal thousands of variable voice clips per language.

It's peak Pokemon. I finished round 2 with only rentals and despite all the bullshit, still had tons of fun. Good luck finishing the round 2 non-challenge cups with only rentals without the infinite continue glitch.

The glitches are the best part of the first two gens of Pokémon. Being able to copy DVs and Stat Experience onto other Pokémon with Stadium 2 is essential.

I just typed in pokemon randomizer on google and used the first result at the time, just clicked it when I need a new team. Basically ran it like a nuzlocke, anytime I lost I would reroll the team and try again.

"WHAT'S THE MATTER, TRAINER??"

I hope voice over man is doing well.

I started playing Crystal on an emualtor so I can finally beat the game using pokemon I raised rather than rentals. Even just getting to lance is hard enough.

all you need is English and Japanese
Fuck all other languages.

Never played it but have the game in my basement after my brother gave it to me years ago while he was cleaning out his room. Will probably sell it

Play it everyday and check out the Mistery Gift!

I can't beat Stadium 1 E4 with rentals. I always get stuck there, I've seen Blue or whatever once.

imdb.com/name/nm0507793/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm
He's gay and happily married since 2017!

Attached: 1200px-Ted_Lewis.jpg (1200x800, 78.83K)

I had such a good time with Stadium 2 and Gold.

Dumb question, do I need to level up all the cartridge mons I wanna use to 100?

what you do is pick jolteon and starmie and then pray enough of your Thunders hit

there's different cups, one's for L5 mons only and only the Prime Cup goes to 100.

>tried buying a copy on FB marketplace (boxed in very good shape)
>send the guy the money over a period of a month, seems like legit photos, comparable price to other good condition CIB copies in Aus
>cunt blocks me
>down $500AUD
>contact police
>they say they've got his information and will be using his local police to do something
>that was a year ago
>still nothing
I'm sure it's a great game and all but when I do eventually get it I doubt I'll be able to get the taste of being a colossal retard out of my mouth when playing it

Attached: 1408239229346.png (375x417, 370.5K)

This seems like a decent challenge. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll start a run and make a thread later.

github.com/mike19283/Pokemon-Stadium-2-Randomizer

Blindfolded playthroughs are the only pokemon content I watch on youtube.

>blindfolded challenge cup
hell yeah motherfucker