ITT: Things that filtered you as a kid

ITT: Things that filtered you as a kid
I got stuck here for days

Attached: 1641549177210.png (480x360, 180.01K)

Looking for Raquaza in Emerald.

i would say teambuilding in general
my child brain ignored type diversity and stats, like having multiple of the same type as long as it looked cool, and putting physical moves on a special attacker

I got stuck here too but in the original GSC game
Fun little puzzle.

Fucking impossible going through that area on a mobile emulator w/o save states

I really don't mean to sound like a dick but how? It's not easy but
>did the crumbling floor section both as a kid and adult on a physical cart

Sliding ice puzzles are kino

The strength HM location in firered.

It's way easier with a D-Pad lol? I don't play RSE much, but from what I recall, you don't have even half a second to make some of the turns needed to complete those sections

>did the crumbling floor section both as a kid and adult on a physical cart
Not him, but changing direction twice in a row is almost impossible on emulators. The controls are fucking garbage for that puzzle.

FUUUCK this gay cave. I remember being stuck at the entrance for days because I couldn't figure out how to make the stupid fucking rocks move. Granted I was ESL and retarded so I might have skipped over crucial instructions. I think it was one particular rock, actually. It wouldn't move out of the fucking way no matter how much I pushed it, and I'm PRETTY sure it was a perspective thing, so it wasn't immediately obvious.

Same shit happened to me at the Dreamyard, there was this spot I didn't know I could access because there was this bridge overhead. Fuck these wannabe 3D ass games.

Attached: HpDbSkMy6tc2TaPe.jpg (540x404, 57.15K)

Rock Tunnel. Didn't know about Flash and my english was pretty rudimentary back then. I eventually found my way since back in RBY the dark cave effect was different and you could see some walls.

Attached: sneas.jpg (618x923, 79.08K)

Mach bike is 4 frames per tile so you'd have 0.066 seconds lol

elite four, everytime
i either just went with shitmons because i liked them or didnt buy enough healing items and then get stuck in the "too broke for pokemart" cycle
i had an older friend beat the e4 for me in dp because it was that sad kek

>0.066 seconds
I don't know how I did that with touch controls what the fuck

Victory Road in FRLG had me stuck for a few days as a kid, I tried standing on the circles and nothing happened, took me a while to realise that boulders were more than just obstacles to move out of the way.

Also the Snorlax/Pokemon tower had me stuck for a while but only because I was too scared to go back after my first several attempts to scare away the ghost with my Charizard, and I didn't realise that the Silph Scope would let me go further.

in my first playthrough of pokemon X I somehow got stuck immedately after the seventh gym because I wasn't paying attention to the part where it told me to go to lumiose city to progress the story

Attached: AD4264D7-B455-44E5-BDBB-E003F9CDB62C.jpg (1070x1170, 1.14M)

Nothing, because I wasn't a retard. And that's despite me playing Pokémon Red - the most obtuse game - in English, which isn't my native language. Didn't have a gameboy though so I also had to figure out how emulators work on my own as an 8 year old.

Most people are literally retarded compared to me and I hate them all.

You are either Brazilian or a SEANigger and will therefore die young

Post IQ or fuck off

I remember I couldn't find the way into blaines gym for maybe 2-3 days. Thats all I can think of.

Attached: hooks.jpg (600x600, 26.79K)

fellow non-retard. I remember emulating the jap version of Sapphire in 3rd grade and having to patch it with a shitty unfinished english translation. Kids these days are brain dead.

Thought the fossils at the end of Mt Moon in a Leaf Green were just weird rocks and didn’t know how to progress because I couldn’t read. Months later a friend told me how to continue and I swept Misty with a level 70 Blastoise trained solely in Mt Moon. I got stuck in the E4 at 93. I traded it for a lower leveled Blastoise because I thought skipping turns to recharge after certain moves was happening because it was getting old and slow, thinking they probably die at 100. I didn’t finish the postgame for another 5 years.

I did the same except with Gold, before gen 2 released in the west.

>Nothing, because I wasn't a retard. And that's despite me playing Pokémon Red - the most obtuse game - in English, which isn't my native language. Didn't have a gameboy though so I also had to figure out how emulators work on my own as an 8 year old.

>Most people are literally retarded compared to me and I hate them all.

Attached: fagami.jpg (1600x1200, 114.98K)

Norway. Longer-lived than you.

>Nothing, because I wasn't a retard. And that's despite me playing Pokémon Red - the most obtuse game - in English, which isn't my native language. Didn't have a gameboy though so I also had to figure out how emulators work on my own as an 8 year old.

Attached: assburgerin tuijotus.jpg (1346x1056, 73.42K)

Got stuck in rock tunnel without Flash for months when I was a kid - basically gave up until I discovered I had an escape rope.

Attached: images (3).png (554x554, 393)

I was always shit at those but my mom loved this type of puzzle so i just had her do those parts for me. Killed two birds with one stone.

>two birds with one stone
finishing the puzzle and what? fucking your mom?

Attached: 1628082944991.png (786x854, 274.07K)

KEK i didnt know how to play as a kid so on my yellow version i just sat in the grass patch on the way to the elite four from viridian, and got my pikachu up to around the same level as you. I tell people today that i had a level 100 pikachu by the time i hit the elite four and they think im bullshitting lol

And letting my mom have some fun on the console enjoying the kinda puzzle she liked. Not everyone has the same childhood experiences as you do.

>he didn't fuck his mom
lol loser

The postgame because apparently every game my parents bought me was a bootleg and the saves always got wiped after e4. I thought i was just really unlucky and that my pokemon hated me for being a bad trainer and that's why it was happening.

>pic related
I was 7 years old. The only thing in my team above level 40 was my Lv. 100 Swampert (affectionately named Samus) with Blizzard, Brick Break, Rock Smash and Mud Shot. Not that it wasn't strong enough to wipe out the e4, it just didn't have enough PP and kept struggling itself to death. I didn't want to use TMs or HMs to change up my moves because I didn't want to lose them.
Gave it to my older cousin and he just used an elixir midway through. I thought he was a magician.

Attached: 4361807-hoenn elite four.jpg (480x358, 57.99K)

>thought his pokemon hated him
>when really, it was just his parents that hated him
glad things weren't as harsh as you thought

unironically filtered

I did it once but it was so rage inducing and to this day I can't recall exactly what it was that I did to get through the floor.

it really is weird when youre that young i too never used items in rpg's. I wonder if theres a cognitive study on that.

I think there's a simple answer - as kids, we just didn't understand them, or maybe we didn't want to take the effort to understand them.
I didn't read or learn anything about stats or STAB, I didn't know anything about move power (I just picked 4 moves that sounded cool), and I sure as hell didn't know anything about items. I don't remember much about my gen 3 playthroughs as a kid but I'm pretty sure I just always went to the PC instead of using any healing items.

Never saw this screen when I fist played pokemon as a child.
I couldn't get past the old man because I probably barely had reading comprehension and didn't understand the concept of backtracking since I only really played super mario bros on NES.
It kind of makes me understand why they make the games piss easy and handholdy for children. Some kids are going to be retarded like I was.

Attached: images.png (120x108, 2.97K)

I thought RBGY was at least aimed to 10 year olds. Although I played when I was 7.

Got cocky after Gen 1 and tried to finish this before getting flash. Got stuck for I don't remember how long, but it made me stop playing for a while.

Attached: 38.png (160x144, 2.89K)

Not knowing english :(

>2009
>child

I always used full restores to death to beat the e4 as a kid. I get the hesitance to use items. I grew up poor so I always thought I needed to ration items in games. Same when I have power ups in games, I hardly use them for fear of waste

Lol, americans are really stupid

same thing happened to me
in hindsight it was probably the only reason i had enough levels to beat the game, because i skipped basically every trainer and ran from every wild encounter otherwise

As a kid? Like, when I played first as a 9 year old? Dark caves in gen 1, that shit filtered me hard. I just bumped into walls for days until accidentally finding the way out.

That was 13 years ago.

I would try to thunderbolt Brock's Onix with my Pikachu in Yellow because Ash did it in the anime lol. Also could never get past the elite four without the box legendaries in Emerald and Diamond as I'd prefer to replay the games rather than grind for the E4.

>As a kid
>HGSS and not the originals
Holy fuck please die in a fire you retarded subhuman.

Attached: 1617847719881.jpg (773x773, 69.32K)

fucking hate ice puzzles

easy there grandpa

No. I will fucking kill you instantly. I'll obliterate you dumbass zoomers off the face of the earth.

haha old people ammiright

b-based...
have mercy boomer-sama...

Attached: 1651888616302.png (360x518, 20.31K)

It was more of my parents not knowing how to differentiate between fake and bootleg pokemon games since they were hardly available in my country aside from second hand sellers. The only one that was an obvious fake was my leaf green which had a transparent cartridge.

I'm sorry to tell you user but a child who was 10 in 2009 is now 23 years old

Zoomie.

Attached: 1652291504973.jpg (600x674, 55.38K)

DUSTY OLD BONES FULL OF GREEN DUST

Relax buddy. I'm not one of the bad zoomers :)

> Most people are literally retarded compared to me and I hate them all.

found the retar

In RBY or FRLG? I did the same thing in FRLG and got out of there within a few hours or so.