What did Magcargo do to deserve this

What did Magcargo do to deserve this

Attached: 1629094486620.png (1274x686, 242.56K)

You know how they give cool pokemon a certain undesirable trait?
Well in this case its the stats.

It’s a Johtomon

New evo soon

>can Weak Armor + Shell Smash
>still gets outsped by everything

>Snorlax : limited roadblock that is encountered after the third gym, 540 BST
>Sudowoodo limited roadblock that is encountered after the third gym, 410 BST
POKEMON JOHTO DUDUDUDUDU DOOO DUDUDUDUDU DOO

? Post elo

This isn't that great of a comparison
>all of those points wasted in speed on Ponyta
>Still a mediocre speech tier
Magcargos low speed is a good thing on trick room teams, if it's defense and physical attack/sp.atk we're swapped it would be more usable.

It's a damn slug, ofcourse it's gonna be slow

Sudowoodo is encountered after the second gym.
It's still a decent comparison knowing that, but by lying like this, you just weaken the possibility that anyone would consider you as acting in good faith.

falkner
bugsy
whitney

Poor analysis, the issue with mascargo is that its a tank 50 base hp, if it special attack and hp stat were swapped, it would actually have a niche, but would *still* be bad because of its typing.

I won the league and I beat red with Magcargo. He's cool!

Oh, I see, but if you're going at this from the perspective of when you can actually fight the thing, and not just see it, it's after the fourth Kanto gym that you can fight snorlax, so still wrong.

You can't find slugma before the league.

Don't forget it's terrible typing
And awful abilities
And shallow movepool

It's obtainable before the first gym in HGSS

The Johto curse

>Johto
Oh shit, all this time I thought Slugma was a gen 3 pokemon.

Magcargo has more usable stats and found so late into the game, you have plenty of easy spaces to grind for slugma.

The Sinnoh games really made me hate using Ponyta. Not only is its evolution level really awful for an early route mon, but its terrible movepool for a physical attacker really doesn't help either.

>It's the Johto problem

Attached: 1649475179361.png (639x591, 11.88K)

>Kecleon: limited roadblock that is encountered after the fifth gym, 440 BST
OHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHH OHHHH I'M UNBEATABLE

You can fight Snorlax before you fight Surge or Erika though

>Gen 7
>Gen 7

BTFO

>He doesn't see the 2nd Gen 7 Bar Graph

And yet you never notice it because Gen 3 has good distribution or the Pokemon have useful typings and abilities

>Only posting original power drops
>Not postng power creep corrections in the remakes
Use some shotgun mouthwash.

Yeah, since you never swap out of your starter. One of the claims thrown at Johtotoddlers, ironically.

>power creep corrections
>retconned by Gen 8
cope. Hoenn prioritized shitty gimmick mons like Volbeat and Illumise rather than practicality and fun for the player

Snorlax was a mistake and so was Lapras gift

The issue itself is that it doesn't have a type combo that benefits it's stats, you can not preform the roll of tank or wall with fire/rock way too many common weaknesses some of those being 4x. Like I said earlier, swap it's def with either it's physical atk or sp atk and it can be somewhat useable as an offensive mon in TR.

>And yet you never notice
You do??? Hoenn is literally filled to the brim with unusable gimmickmons like Castform, Spinda, Luvdisc, Plusle and Minun, Volbeat and Illumise, and so on.

>Magcargos low speed is a good thing on a niche gimmick that appeared 2 gens after its debut
You retard

>Gen 3 has good distribution
THE GEN WHERE HALF THE REGION IS WATERROUTES WITH WINGULLS AND TENTACOOLS

I HAVE TO LAUGH

Attached: E8B20EA9-530F-4217-A6C0-C9BD853C0ABE.gif (498x474, 406.55K)

Trick room isn't a niche gimmick, you'd know this if you played sun and moon.
What difference does it make if it was introduced after magcargo? It can be on those teams now which is relevant.

>75
>105
>75
>105
>75
>..10... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I'M GOING INSANNNNNE WE CAN'T GIVE THIS MON ENCOUNTERED AT THE END OF THE GAME THE SAME BST AS BLISSEY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH 45 45 45 45 4.....5!
IT'S A WHOOOOLE NEW WORLD TO SEE
DUDUDUDUDOOODOOO
POKEMON
JOHTO

Attached: file.png (638x437, 19.04K)

which pokemon is this?

Why does Delibird even exist?

Cope

Why does Chimecho even exist?

Shitmons can still be fun to use in-game since you can beat it without problems by doing whatever. Hell, it's fun trying out new things.

How do you want your lategame Pokemo bro?

Attached: 900px-225Delibird.png (900x900, 423.74K)

Octillery

>Generation 2 : the only move it learns is Present

Preferably like this

Attached: lel.png (510x288, 16.35K)

Making a johto hgss romhack that changes nothing bar fixing the level curve, distribution, stats and movepool of mons, + giving johto leaders native mons.

It's the very last mon in the code of rse, even after Deoxys and Jirachi. So it was either supposed to be a legendary and got the shaft or they added it last minute

magcargo is the official bromine of shiny hunters. there's few mons I have closer bonds with then my magcarbro

It's a Christmas pokemon, for shilling pokemon at christmas

doesn't explain why it should have shit stats

because gsc is just a kanto expansion

be unworthy

And yet it still has far more team options before the Elite Four than Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh (excluding Platinum) or Unova (excluding BW2).

Attached: C70E7818-75C1-4715-866B-0CE31AA1C4D4.png (5604x2400, 3.89M)

It's moderately cute.

So many shitmons there christ... How would you ever stand a chance against Steven's fearsome fossil duo without the Kanto and Johto inclusions?

>No, Breloom sucks. I need to use Belossom.
Fuck off.

Breloom does in fact suck unless you constantly have it poisoned or you keep Shroomish until Level 54 when it learns Spore

>that Sp. Attack
What am I supposed to do with this?

Attached: um.png (1200x1080, 12.46K)

>Poison Heal isn't in Gen 3
nvm. It's just worse Machamp with the only thing it has going for it being a water resist with 60/60 defense stats

If it's a worse Machamp, then why does Machamp have lower usage in the Gen 3 Meta?

Attached: DA421E78-8E4E-4E71-B0EF-8D55634E2AF7.jpg (1538x945, 188.49K)

>worse Machamp
>same attack
>better speed
>access to spore
>access to mach punch
>access to swords dance
>worse Machamp

Did you not even read the first line of their analysis, or even the first the moveset which isn't effective in game other than some weird Sub set?

Attached: 2.png (768x173, 7.27K)

>mono-Fighting moveset
Hoennfags don't even play their own game

Attached: JUST.png (778x265, 24.55K)

Machamp's moveset isn't much better at all.

Wall things, newfag

Be a Gen 2 Pokemon. Most of them were deliberately shit to make Kanto look better.

Breloom also has access to Mind Reader + Dynamic Punch. Not sure about Machamp.

You're retarded.

Pokewalker?

No. Primo.

>Spore
>Leech seed
>Focus punch
>Sky uppercut/substitute

Compared to

>Rock slide
>Hidden power ghost lol
>Cross chop lol
>Filler

>EQ
>Rock Slide
>Cross Chop
>Way better ability in Guts
>Better bulk

Did you also not evolve your Shroomish to level 54 user? Personally, I didn't use an Everstone as I enjoyed having to see part of the Evolution animation every level

I didn't use it, but if you're going to be playing competitively you are going to take the time to get spore. That's a hell of a lot less tedious than getting a perfect hidden power ghost.

The original post of this reply thread was specifically talking about building an in-game team and what pokemon you can catch before the Elite 4. Breloom, under those restrictions, is worth than Machamp in a playthrough for Gen 3.

Breloom has access to much better moves and sooner. It doesn't need Spore to still be better. It also doesn't need a trade to evolve.

If we're talking in game then yeah, I'd agree with you, the grass tying doesn't help it in the main game and Machamp is bulkier. But the trade evo is annoying.

>Hoenn average BST matches up with the Pokédex size at that point

Attached: 1586388444844.png (509x556, 300.21K)

At most, both will evolve a gym apart, meaning only a slight advantage for Breloom there despite it getting destroyed by the 4th Gym right around where you'd evolve Shroomish. Around that time too, is where you would be fighting Norman, which Machoke has better physical bulk than Breloom (let alone Machamp). For the rest of the gym leaders, neither are particularly amazing with Machoke/Machamp fairing better against Winona with only a 2x weakness and having access to Rock Tomb (another thing Breloom doesn't have access to in Gen 3 lol), & Breloom being alright against Juan despite its poor Sp Def and multiple of his pokemon having Ice coverage; Machamp has a better matchup against the E4's type combination as well.
Really, the only significant thing that I see for Breloom over it in game is Leech Seed, but that niche uses for a generally frail Pokemon.

>Fagcargo is such a loser its thread gets taken over by Breloom of all things
Sad state of affairs to be desu

You're going to be the one user I see post something I thought was funny and receive a (You)

for giving it a lot of ribbons

for being the second most rare mon in its generation

>trick room teams
It can't set up TR, It doesn't provide good resists to a TR team, it can't set up SR well with or without TR.

None of that matters if it's being used offensively which is what fire/rock typing does best.

Off a 80 sp.ATT. Many TR mons have access to priority, have crazy good offence or have nice resists. The Slug has none of that.

So you read my post where I said to swap it's physical defense with either it's sp.atk or physical atk and are now arguing it's base 80 atk is an issue.

Gen 4 only has a higher BST because of how the pokedex is saturated with legendaries and added evos

Snorlax at least originally had an effective 495 BST since it only got 110 SpD in Gen 2.

It's weird when you play one of the older games and straight up like 80% of the mons you get are unusable. Like they get a single 50BP 85 ACC move as the strongest STAB option, and the rest is like rage, poison sting, mud slap and other garbage moves

Attached: lol.png (991x581, 54.04K)

Strength is a good move in those games considering what you have to work with and a ton of mons can learn it.

This is excluding Legendaries, otherwise Hoenn is slightly above Johto due to the Legendary inflation. You are right about the cross-evos boosting Sinnoh a fucking lot though

Slugma and Magcargo are unironically the coolest looking fire types in the whole series.

Primo, retarded CASUAL.

>Gen 8
Worst gen, nobody cares, galarcuck.

Gen 9 won't bring back Megas back either. cope

Which Pokemon do you consider 0.74? Bonsly?

Fuck you, that’s not funny

Right, but it's definitely not the intended order

>Subpunch
>Weird sub set
Hang yourself, you pathetic casual

I think the Camerupt line is slightly cooler. But I do love all-out offensive combinations like Fire/Ground and Fire/Rock

>subpunch in-game
God I definitely want to know your PB

Why yes I love facing the Elite 4 in Johto with shitmons like Noctowl, Delibird, Sunflora, Corsola, Smeargle and Unown

>latios: limited roadblock that is encountered after the fifth gym, 600BST, later 700BST
POKEMOOOOOOOOOON ADVANCED BATTLE

>Flamewheel
>Flamethrower
>Quick attack
>Swift

I don't see a problem here for in game? Flame wheel is the sick new move that you want to use. Flamethrower when you needed more power. Quick attack when you needed to finish a mon off. Swift so you weren't fucked by evasion. This was a perfect movepool for my 10 year old self.

>120 defense
>on a fire type

LMAO

that happened to me with Skarmory

>Linoone
>Beautifly
>Dustox
>Masquerain
>Exploud
>Slaking
>Delcatty
>Hariyama
>Swallot
>Plusle
>Minun
>Nosepass
>Roselia
>Volbeat
>Illumise
>Cacturne
>Spinda
>Zangoose
>Seviper
>Solrock
>Lunatone
>Tropius
>Kecleon
>Castform
>Huntail
>Gorebyss
>Relicanth
>Glalie
>Luvdisc
>Corsola

First you should erase those shitmons

>good abilities
>Truant

THEY CAN NEVER BUT THEY SURE CAN TRY...............WOOOO OHH OHHHHH POKEMON

That still doesn't fix West Kanto's god awful region design. Or the numerous real-time based events that make you wait for no reason. God Gen 2 is such a trainwreck.

Attached: the tale of worthy mccargo.png (951x761, 87.86K)

Whats sad is its by far the best starter in gen 2

forgot
>Mightyena
>Pelliper
>Shedinja
>Mawile
>Sableye
>Manectric no fire moves until gen 4 lol
>Bellossom
>Azumarill
>Seaking
>Sandslash
>Altaria
>Wigglytuff
>Electrode
>Absol
>Xatu
>Raichu
>Banette
>Ninetales

>Don't forget it's terrible typing
Yes but it makes sense
>And awful abilities
Flame Body should have 60% to burn
Magma Armor should not exist as ability as it makes no sense for fire type to be frozen.
>And shallow movepool
It's fine as it actually usable without TMs

nah you were

nah thats gen 7

>god awful region design.
It's great.
> the numerous real-time based events that make you wait for no reason.
IMMERSION

>I can't believe I have to go through Dark Cave to travel between Blackthorn and Cherrygrove & Violet! This region SUCKS!

>Snorlax: limited roadblock that is encountered after the first gym in X and Y, 540 BST
POKEMON! ATTRAPEZ-LES TOUS!

Snorlax was still the king of gen 1 competitive anyway

No you see user, it's meant to suck on purpose to get you to think about your options, or whatever kantocel cope they'rr saying now

11 is not "far more"
I'm actually surprised the number is that low