Home Update

>Pokemon that are transferred from PLA and BDSP will not retain their learned moves
>Instead, once transferred to the intended game that isn't its origin game, they will have their Level Up moves relative to their current level (think of it as just having a freshly caught 'mon)
>PLA move learning/swapping is meaningless and will be discarded come SV
>This also means Game Freak can retroactively scrub your 'mons of learned moves with Level Up moves whenever they want to

What the fuck dimension am I living in? This is literally the worst possible outcome.

Attached: 1510083383944.jpg (117x144, 8.38K)

idgaf when can i transfer my hisuian mons

Apparently they can also change the level, for some reason
>have a level 100 pokemon with a sick moveset
>put it in home
>it's now a level 43 with shitty level up moves

HOME compatibility really is the gift that keeps on giving, huh

Based GF, cucking PLA players for playing a bad game

what's the fucking point then
>arent even guaranteed you can bring the pokemon to the next game
>and if you can, theyre wiped so it doesnt matter
?

Attached: 1636926766402.jpg (2000x1500, 140.06K)

Well, this kinda confirms that Gen 9 will be just like old Pokemon instead of PLA, at least in terms of moves, stats, and leveling? And it also confirms that like Gen 8 there will be cut moves and such

At this point, you are not even carrying the Pokémon to the new game, they just give you a random one of that species

This supports my theory that the hisuan evolutions will be transferable to SV (already confirmed) but you won't actually be able to evolve them. No move mastery means Stantler and Hisuan Qwilfish can't evolve.

Evolution requirements can be changed with different games. If styles don’t come back, they will have a different method to evolve.
Also, Black Augurite is most likely going to be a trade evolution item for Scyther in future non-Legends games.

It's so goddamn obtuse I don't even understand why this is even a thing we should be discussing.
Currently it only applies to PLA and BDSP (if you send them back to their origin game, their moves get reverted to as they once were), but what's to say this shit doesn't just extend to ALL pokemon that go into SV?
I mean fuck, think of it; you brought a No-Guard Machamp with Fissure to Home from R/B/Y because your a shit eater in it for the laughs, and when you try to bring it to SV, it gets wiped. There are no take-backs there.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1013x1156, 1.81M)

>already confirmed
Source?
>but you won't actually be able to evolve them.
Game mechanics get revamped every new game, is this your first Pokemon experience? They can easily change how they evolve.

>Source?
On the SV website there's a screenshot with Hisuian Zoroark battling a Lucario

>Home is the gift that keeps on giving
Fixed, and people have been pointing this out since it was announced given that it's existence breaks the promise Ishihara and Iwata pitched with Bank being the end-all-be-all to begin with.

Are you retarded? We literally saw H Zoroark in the SV trailer

>(think of it as just having a freshly caught 'mon)
What is literally the fucking point then

Attached: 065.png (496x543, 27.05K)

> No-Guard Machamp with Fissure
Any Pokemon transferred from the Virtual Console games is guaranteed to have its Hidden Ability. Since No Guard isn't Machamp's Hidden Ability, the combination never came to be.
He asked for a source (perhaps he forgot about the trailer), why are you getting so heated? Calling him retarded doesn't make sense in this context.

Not in the trailer

I don't see the issue. transfer it to Home then SV and it'll have the same moves. Those moves don't exist in BDSP and SwSh.

Makes sense for Legends considering they had to remake the entire move system, but I don't know what's up with BDSP

>but I don't know what's up with BDSP
There is nothing intrinsically different about it compared to, say SW/Sh.
Maybe it's just to make the pokemon that are compatible with PLA usable? I dunno.
The thought that Game Freak would even humor the idea of replacing a Pokemon's current moves with its default moveset is unnerving for what to expect with SV.

Attached: 1568375961770.jpg (425x282, 32.59K)

Pokémon Go’s transfer bullshit to Home is 100x worse I promise you.

I won't sub to HOME unless the moves the mons get in BDSP are transferable to SV.

Attached: 1651950585163.jpg (476x393, 32.02K)

...why the fuck can't they just make it so a Pokémon can't be transferred in if it knows a move that doesn't exist in a particular game? What the actual fuck is this nonsense?

Well I mean, Go's Pokémon are hardly the same as the ones in the main series, so you have to do a ton of work to make it compatible something like Pokémon Sword.

No, I’m talking about the actual transfer process. It’s the most nonsensical thing I’ve ever seen.

Good. Makes the games too easy (even more so) if you can just change them so freely

This is all because they massively buffed Hidden Power's effect in Legends, isn't it?

What's the issue?

>$15.99 + $19.99 per year just to get shat on by Masuda
this is why you hack your Switch

Attached: 1560384548262.png (828x725, 976.05K)

Why are people crying about this? Just teach it what you want it to have in the game you place it in. No shit PLA Mons won't be able to use their moves in SwSh. They don't lose theoves when placed in Home, only when sent to another game so it's going to be fine with Gen 9

basically confirms that we aren't really transferring anything but species, gender, and y/n shiny.
luckily I gave up after bank dropped and then was immediately discarded as a 2 gen exclusive.

Dude, this hasn't even been confirmed. Why would we keep Bitter Malice (it's the ghost move in this pic) if we can't transfer to SV?

Attached: FSj36X0XEAE13iu.jpg (1207x679, 101.89K)

You should be upset about something that hasn't happened.

>>PLA move learning/swapping is meaningless and will be discarded come SV

>Well, this kinda confirms that Gen 9 will be just like old Pokemon instead of PLA, at least in terms of moves, stats, and leveling?

At this rate unless a drastic change is announced I might just skip SV. Arceus was the most fun I have had with Pokemon in years, it's asinine that they are going to throw away all the progress in finally changing up the mechanics in that to go with a decades outdated design again.

Shit like swappable moves of all things should be a standard now. We finally got rid of random encounters and HMs, so clearly they CAN update outdated annoying mechanics if they want to. To say nothing of how much new mecahnics like how catching worked and the agile/strong system helped give a shot in the arm to the stale series.

Attached: facepalm-pokemon.jpg (500x375, 31.9K)

Are you being sarcastic?

Who says swappable moves it gone? None of this means any of that. You people are crazy.

Reddit thread

>more cute content for no reason
O MY SMARR INDIE STUDIO

Oh. Yeah, I agree; it's absolute garbage.
Pokémon will no longer retain their moveset once transferred to another game. Instead, it'll be auto-adjusted upon transfer because...fuck it why not

Also the trio of lake, genies and gen 4's starters need urgently those new moves. They shouldn't remove them

When transferred to games that don't have their moves. It doesn't mean anything for sending something from a Gen 8 game to a Gen 9 game. They even have the moves and styles unlocked in the Home moveset menu. This is a big nothing

So? Just have them learn the other movesets. It said it will only do it if the game doesn't have that move so obviously sending something from pla to bdsp wouldn't have the pla moves available

Yeah from PLA, but not BDSP which is a standard Pokemon game. If you transfer your BDSP mons from HOME and then to SV, there shouldn't be any interference with the moveset you have on the transfered Pokemon. Only those coming directly from PLA because of how that game is wired to work. Unless for some reason there's a whole bunch of cut moves in SV.

>the one valuable thread on the entire catalog is reddit
What's not reddit, loli threads?

It's fine from PLA to SV too.

>thread full of misinformation and crying at future shadows
Reddit thread

Nah, this thread is the epitome of what Any Forums has become. With that being said, I agree it's not a good thread.

Fair enough.

You bought it anyway so you get what you deserve

This is literally the only expected outcome. No one expects them to do anything at this point.

>The thought that Game Freak would even humor the idea of replacing a Pokemon's current moves with its default moveset is unnerving for what to expect with SV.
Imagine if they made it so that Pokemon that don't have moves correlated with their "Gen 9 level up/TM/tutor" are just sent over with the default sets they have for SV?
The boys at Smogon would probably have a shitstorm.

>Why would we keep Bitter Malice if we can't transfer to SV?
Not sure where you're going with this, user.
Just judging by the pic, that's Snarl, Swift, Bitter Malice, and Slash (in that order)
It's a default moveset based on its current level, so nothing fancy from the Move Tutor trainer.
This is - and I can't stress this enough - all probably so that they can legally be transferred to SV.

Their greed is more than blatant too. Home is just Bank but purple and more expensive.

I swear the amount of monkey's paw bullshit going on with this franchise lately is fucking incredible
>Following pokemon finally returns but its annoying as shit, your pokemon are either 100 m behind you or they're bumping into you every second
>We finally get a Dppt remake, but instead of improving on the original's faults the design philosophy is "stay as true as possible to the originals, even if it means carrying over shit that shouldn't be in a game released in 2021"
>Home compatibility for BDSP and PLA are finally introduced, but it's all fucked up
is there anything these assholes can just get right

Attached: the-monkey-paw.jpg (400x308, 18.78K)

...but they're both green?

>Who says swappable moves are gone?
>None of this means any of that
I don't know how else to spell it out to you. The writing is on the wall simply by making PLA/BDSP 'mons transferred to other games other than their origin game come equipped with default level-up moves.

Attached: Fennekin.png (177x176, 44.14K)

I haven't actually used either. I'm just going off their logos and screenshots.

Attached: file.png (1200x630, 673.88K)

I think that's the point OP is insinuating.
That being said, I can totally see this fuckin' happening.
It'll be funny to see Smogon losing their shit over it, but goddamn I think I would have a stroke over it myself because it means having to grind endlessly on this retarded treadmill.
I just want to have fun, and I had a fully optimized team since Gen 6. I'd rather not lose all that progress and then have to grind for it all again because GF is a small indie studio.

Attached: 1465841444513.jpg (519x406, 53.22K)

>all probably so that they can legally be transferred to SV
I meant this because said this:

For a mobile spinoff it's even better than the mainline games.

>Well, this kinda confirms that Gen 9 will be just like old Pokemon instead of PLA
I certainly hope so. PLA was a miserable experience right out the gate and it's been I sincerely hope that SV are not ruined by its garbage mechanics.

It is an absolute possibility. Currently SwSh does not enforce you to mantain Gen 8 movesets at all times, certain transfer only moves can be used in a regular playthrough while others are simply not available for use. However if you had them marked as Battle Ready for official/Rankeds then you are enforced to uphold Gen 8 movests. Therefore, they could take this opportunity to make transfers into SV autoenforce those move changes as you suggest. Hopefully Gen 9 movesets are more open to older moves but GF seems autistic in their efforts to flanderize and simplify the move list "bloat"

The question is whether the 24 new moves (like Mystical Power, Wave Crash, etc..)from PLA can be transferred to SV or will they stay in Hisui.

>connect your Home account to Go
>select Home in options
>send mons
>receive it in Home
3DS system is fucking worse.

If is anything to go by then we could say that yes, they will be in SV. iirc any "ilegal" (not an actual cockblock for transfer, just a visual aid so you can notice it) move in this view is highlighted in red but since there is no problem then that move will be legal and available. However, at this moment this doesn't 100% guarantee that they can't just be changed on the fly like a PLA transfer is implied will do

I don't understand what the problem is, personally. but I also don't care about transferring pokemon to new games because that seems like it goes against the spirit of the game

How long until a poketuber justifies this move?

I think most of the Hisuian moves will be in SV but some of them, such as Take Heart and Lunar Blessing are broken moves and would need massive reworks if they are to be added. Those kind of moves have the least likely chances of showing up.

>Instead, once transferred to the intended game that isn't its origin game, they will have their Level Up moves relative to their current level
>Meaning the mechanic that allows you to remember and forget moves at your own pace while never forgetting them completly is gone
For FUCKS sakes

Attached: 1651172606277.jpg (417x331, 40.39K)

But you have to buy all the games and catch them all
YOU HAVE TO

I buy only one version of each game and I have never caught them all
but I kind of want to for bdsp and pla. is it worth it, do you think?

Actually kind of hope this can happen, if only to somehow bring my BDSP arceus below level 70 and make it eligible for the footprint ribbon.

>Nooooooooooo muh heckin toxic on everything!

Also the existence of Frostbite and the new weathers of Hisui will affect the process of transferring them with these movements.

>empoleon finally got roost
>there's even a research task about using the move
>you cannot even use it in PVP

Attached: 1365371018571.gif (150x160, 20.97K)

people are using pokemon home wrong, it should be used as a transfer tool to help you complete the pokedex in a certain game. It is not meant to be a central hub for all pokemon in all games. Pokemon should exist on the cartridge not in home.

>It is not meant to be a central hub for all pokemon in all games
Except Nu-Game Freak says that's totally what Home is all about when you can't port certain 'mons to a game.
I wish the retirement home memes weren't real.

Attached: 1439861653234.png (1000x1000, 343.87K)

If we assume that their cloud services are solid and redundant enough, isn't it "technically" safer to keep them on the cloud than in a catridge/Switch memory? Honest question

TICK TOCK SOFT-BOILED CLEFABLEFAGS HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 036Clefable.png (600x600, 286.57K)

>Take Heart and Lunar Blessing are broken.
They are precisely like that because Manaphy and Cresselia have decreased in use thanks to the powercreep of the last generations... I guess...

What happened?

That doesn't mean that at all

IF GF is in the mindset of wiping moves down to level ups on transfer, then it's only a matter of time before old move tutor/event moves start getting purged.

That's lame. I remember the good old days of Psycho Boost/Feather Dance Lugia. Or Tri-Attack Togepi, which became a rare and powerful ally when transferred up to Gen 4 (Serene Grace Togekiss). Now your Pokemon are effectively reset?

Attached: Shadow Lugia.jpg (800x729, 233.11K)

Here it comes, the coping

the way that home was first advertised, it was. It was even hinted at that more functionality would be added like a new VR amie. so this turning 180 and just a $20 dex completionist tool is pretty fucking dumb.

I dont get what the issue is? Isnt this what we were all expecting? If SV was to be a regular pokemon game of course it wouldnt keep legends move swaps. And obviously legends isnt fully compatible with games prior to it. And im pretty sure its only for legends, not bdsp

They're doing it to kill event moves and tutor moves being defining parts of certain mons movepools, like Seismic Toss Chansey, Bolt Strike Victini, or Spacial Rend Darkrai.

>>PLA move learning/swapping is meaningless and will be discarded come SV
i dont think thats what any of that entails

>not include tutors in BDSP
>Moves from PLA are gonna be deleted anyway

Imagine paying $120 bucks and you still can't get an Ice punch Buizel

Attached: 1612047922242.png (487x487, 220.41K)

Why does gf always make dumb decisions that makes shit harder for them

>no more Seismic Toss Chansey
>no more v create rayquaza
>no more bolt strike victini
smogon is going to have a motherfucking shit fit

Attached: a certain midevo.png (625x468, 316.41K)

People are out of control and misunderstanding things. We COULD NOT use mons (like Lunar Blessing Cresselia) in games like SwSh or BDSP because Lazy Freak would take too long to set up moves that NO ONE would use because SV is on the way. EVERYONE took out of context what they said today about the upcoming update...

Could a meta not be dominated by mons with 15 year old event moves? Survey says "FUCKING GAMEFREAK AAAAAAAAAAAA"

Home could be the best thing they've ever done. Literally all they have to do is make a Showdown style battle capability within Home. Now everyone is happy and no one will care if every new game doesn't have every Pokemon. Maybe even a breeding/fast training interface since they've been casualizing the process for years and it isn't even a challenge to do anymore.

It would save the franchise.

nah, this is all on the company. publisher policy of 'don't tell them exactly what it does until the last couple weeks' is designed to get people to buy in only to realize the limitations after. in some cases (maybe not this one) to flat out mislead. It's a thing the game industry is very prone to.

I could dig that, games would just be new places to explore and capture mons while Home would be constantly updated to keep things on pace with a bit of grandfathering.
but they would never do it, they dont even want to admit that most people who buy the games now are 20+. at that point, it's doomed.

Do people here not realize that is is to counter the "Teach any pokemon any move" glitch from BDSP. GF likely saw that as an excuse to centralize the move pools.

it was never possible to transfer mons with illegal moves or abilities, so it has nothing to do with that

Legends and mythicals will probably be dipped to Level 50

>game freak will now be able to fuck with the movepools of OUR pokémon as they see fit
This franchise is getting more and more shit every generation.

FUCK LUCARIO
FUCK PIKACHU
FUCK GARCHOMP
FUCK CINDERACE
FUCK ZACIAN
FUCK KYOGRE

This. You're all retarded faggots

>still no release date
Fuck off.

>moves that NO ONE would use because SV is on the way
You're a niggerfaggot liar and this new copypasta is fucking dogshit.

Attached: 1456449983137.jpg (142x141, 5.51K)

>GF likely saw that as an excuse to centralize the move pools.
I can see them doing this for the express purpose of fucking people over.

Attached: 1471470668889.jpg (326x343, 41.27K)

Ha usual bullshit Any Forums posts...
>Check official source
What the actual fuck

What about the ribbons ?

I hope PLA balls are retained in SV
Also the software-specific dexs look cool

More boxes pls

You will get your dark cyan Strange Ball and you will LIKE it.

Attached: Strange Ball.jpg (578x327, 87.46K)

That's kind of cute

Attached: 1649932655180.jpg (2000x1333, 202.45K)

>tfw all the new moves from PLA won't make it into SV

Anything that's a signature move for a Hisuian 'mon is likely to be in.
Power Swap though is definitely on the chopping block.

Attached: 1443662711913.png (222x280, 112.89K)

Wait what??

Attached: 472E93F1-C0BA-4904-AC3A-17F2A562C18E.jpg (380x343, 27.66K)

>Seething
Cope

This

>samefag
COPE

I made all these posts, I'm also trans btw

Please tell me this is fake
There's just no way they can't get any dumber, right?

Attached: vector yikes.png (361x550, 419.42K)

Unless you're Unown or an equally gimmicky Pokemon, Lunar Blessing would be absurdly broken if implemented in SV the same way it is in PLA. It's Recover + Refresh + Double Team.

It depends entirely on your perspective.
Some people say that it only affects PLA users going into literally any other game that the 'mons can be used in.
Some say that PLA and BD/SP are equally screwed.
Me? I think the whole thing is FUBAR. Sure, you can send your pokemon back to the original game they came from and everything will go back to normal, but GF set a precedence with all of this and now the moves everyone had been getting throughout the last 20 or so years on specific 'mons is likely to end up being moot if SV scuffs their moves back to their base level-up moves when transferred.
It's a level of retarded I never thought possible, yet here we are.

Attached: 1527045195750.png (737x404, 27K)

It literally stops smogon in its tracks too it is beautiful

Maybe you can remind the moves

I know Smogon lives rent free in your head, but it actually wouldn't stop them from existing, much to your disappointment.
Although Gen 9 sure would be interesting to see how they would handle it as many legacy set would just be gone for that format and many Pokemon's viability would significantly drop.

>Smogon will be affected.
Do you know that NatDex's meta-game exists with all megas, HP, dex cut mons, etc...? lol cringe

I'd just honestly nerf it to remove the effect of evasion, the same will happen with Shelter Hisuian Goodra

>50421989
0/10
Work harder for that check shill

Dude stop letting smogon live in your head you've brought it up like 6 times in this thread alone

I think most of Smogon would be happy with the change, if anything.
I remember in gen 7 there was a lot of buzz about Mega Kanghaskhan being balanced after the Parental Bond nerf, only for it to still be banned over its effect on Seismic Toss, a transfer-only move. It wasn't universal, but there was definitely some widespread disappointment at the realization some Pokemon are still dominant solely because of Smogon's commitment to using every move available.

LITERALLY the only thing I wanted out of this home update was some new movesets, and they just had to ruin it.

I get it, they want to keep tabs on balance every gen. So if they decide something doesn't learn toxic anymore, like Blissey, you can't transfer up an old one that knows toxic and have the advantage just because you are older than new players.

However this also lets them gouge the customer for move tutor DLCs. Remove knock off from weavile in BDSP, then in gen 9 DLC you can maybe pay for a move tutor that can teach it to it again.

overall the nintendo online/pokemon home system just looks like a complete mess, I don't want to touch it.

It's a double-edged sword. While Kangaskhan loses Seismic Toss and Clefable loses Softboiled, Pokemon that got new toys to play with in these games lost them immediately.

Ranked already makes you reset your moves on transferred Pokemon, this is just another instance of Gamefreak removing something we previously had an option for.

>>>/discord/

Most people still play OU

There's bound to be some losses, but at least there's more even ground. No new wall will be massively disadvantaged by the fact that it can't learn Toxic like everything pre-gen 8. And the limitation of certain moves can give new niches to otherwise mediocre mons that kept them.

no one cares about you're fanfic meta, specially lazyfreak, shitlca or nintendon't

Why do pokemon fans bitch about literally everything? Can't you enjoy something for once in your miserable lives?

>Can't you enjoy something for once in your miserable lives?
There was a time where we enjoyed Pokemon.
I don't know why you are insistent on having us eat literal dogshit while you're not even remotely invested in it at all and are just here to stir the fucking pot.

Attached: 1441824783614.jpg (325x325, 15.84K)

and? it's just a fucking video game. no one outside of this board of autismos gives a fuck about your lines of code. If you're so fixated about it you can just inject and move on with your lives. Stop ruining it for the rest of us, you make us all look like whiny retards.

>boring

Back to twitter

Okay, pedo.

Attached: 1441488064432.jpg (464x499, 27.06K)

You go back to twitter. Make #BBND trend again. get your autismo buddies to support you again. Make a big stink. See what happens.
Spoiler alert - you already did go to twitter, and it did nothing. It just made the rest of the world laugh at you whiny piss babies. Pic related.

Attached: swsh.png (975x555, 86.63K)

Attached: OAzi3ZX.png (650x1499, 387.02K)

I think it means that if they're to allow pokemon to go back and forth between games instead of being forced to remain in the latest one like with LG:PE and go with SwSh, they're implementing a code that allow pokemon to return to their game of origin with the moveset that they left with. This allows for Gam Freak to make up any kind of moveset they want without the fear of cross compatibility between games.

>it's just a fucking X
nice ad reductio here

why you are such a coomsomer?

Attached: 497.png (540x300, 67.87K)

>it's just a video game
>stop making the fanbase look bad
if it's just a video game, then why do you care what people think of pokemon fans?

We don’t know that yet

You fucking moron, we did enjoy them, and they ruined it right NOW

It was literally in the fucking trailer lmao

It literally is dumbass

do you really think BDSP will get home compatibility???
Verlisify has already explained that it's not possible because of how the game is made. stop posting this crap

check the offical site dipshit.

Attached: screen-transfer-switch-dp.jpg (640x360, 39.46K)

>finally make a game filled with non retarded gameplay decissions
>backtrack as hard as humanly possible right after
Can't wait until SWSH: VACATIONING IN SPAIN edition

It isn't

>Pokemon that are transferred from PLA and BDSP will not retain their learned moves
Are you sure it applies to BDSP? That seems really retarded. Seems more likely that it's a PLA effect only.

kek, thanks for the laugh user

Attached: 462354326235.gif (400x300, 1.27M)

It really would be one more giant fuck you to what's been the core of the franchise for basically forever: bringing your bro along and having them grow with each new generation.
Can't grow when there's no more transfer moves.

>We finally get a Dppt remake, but instead of improving on the original's faults the design philosophy is "stay as true as possible to the originals, even if it means carrying over shit that shouldn't be in a game released in 2021"
DESU PLA is the Sinnoh game we always wanted.
>modern (or in this case, refreshed and new) mechanics
>Origin forms for Dialga and Palkia
>Platinum dex as base, with added regional variants to balance Sinnoh even more
>Cynthia's overworld and champion themes remixed into one (Volo's theme)
>sculpted Sinnoh that doesn't use the limited grid
It's still a monkey's paw because of how all the improvements are being ditched for gen9 and how there's no towns or E4 or gyms and the reduced mechanics (held items, statuses, buff levels, etc).... But PLA is what BDSP should have been.
The fact it even outsold them is straight up proof of that.

>and I have never caught them all
Mods!

From the website:

Attached: file.png (582x81, 9.04K)

BDSP, PLA, SwSh, and eventually SV all will work the same of anything from anywhere going back and forth.
At least according to their diagram.
LGPE are "one way" in said diagram... So it's lies, but lies that are ok.

That's just a blanket statement. Likely because:
>mons transfered into PLA will get the PLA movesets
>PLA mons transfered into wherever get their wherever moveset
Which that covers.
Given how BDSP is "authentic" it's transfer should work the same as SwSh's did.
And since it's not a big notification, it's likely not a fundamental change moving forward. Just something PLA specific.
Remember, the website also says that LGPE is one way in to Home, and you can put stuff from Home into them so long as they came from them.

Serebii claims that they'll also be reset when moving into BDSP, maybe it's from the Japanese site. Or maybe it's bullshit.
>When you put a Pokémon into Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl from another game, its learnset will reset to the equivalent for its species in the game, so a Level 20 Pikachu will have the moveset it would if it was a Level 20 Pikachu caught in the game.
It's probably to stop the swarm of Hidden Power mons that would have made BDSP OU fun.