Yeah, I hate how regions like Johto and Sinnoh force you to basically use the same mons in every playthrough

>yeah, I hate how regions like Johto and Sinnoh force you to basically use the same mons in every playthrough
>my favorite? Kanto

Attached: kantoteam.png (940x651, 599.37K)

my most recent three kanto playthroughs used literally none of those pokemon

The only pokemon there I use for my Kanto playthroughs is Venusaur

What a horrible thread, Kanto threads are always filled with unique teams. There is no generic Kanto team except maybe something copying Ash like Pikachu/Zard/Venu/Blast and even then the last 2 vary quite a bit.
For the record I don't think Johto and Sinnoh have teambuilding issues either and if you wanted you can make a unique team.

>Tauros
>Pidgeot
>Snorlax
>Haunter
>Rhydon
>Nidoking
>Magneton
>Persian
>Slowbro
>Machoke
>Dodrio
>Chansey
>Kingler
>Exeggutor
>Starmie
>Electabuzz

Johto in HGSS absolutely does have teambuilding issues. No good Fly users in the game. Also need to have 2 water Pokemon for Surf and Waterfall

>Haunter in Gen 1

Don't most people use HM slaves? Genuinely asking, I never really saw people complaining about teambuilding around HMs before

HGSS Johto absolutely does not have teambuilding issues, especially with the new safari zone.

I doubt Kids grinded the game corner or got lucky with the bullshit safari mechanics

Your are not wrong but not all of these
my team is almost always is
>Venusaur
>Lapras
>Golem
>Hypno
>Raichu
>Dragonite (after using Farfetch's as HM slave)

I went out of my way to use Electabuzz in my run of Pokemon Red. I remember getting a nintendo magazine with sugimori art that had the location of every pokemon in the game and Electabuzz became my favorite because of his design. I was glad when his Evo made him meta for a while.

You doubt luck occurs in an RNG-based game? Also, we didn't grind in the Game Corner. We just wasted our earnings on purchasing coins.

>Fly
Kenya

>Waterfall, Whirlpool
any shitmon. just deposit them when you’re done using those HMs the one time you ever have to

that's all the fun pokemon in gen 1, the others either are worse versions of the ones you mentioned or are scyther ;-;

>No good Fly users in the game.
Crobat

based a shit

Cope Kantofags, Kanto is objectively fully outdated and one of the least diverse regions for team building as a result

Attached: 7C6402BC-318C-485F-92FF-C3EA6D8B5DF3.png (5604x2400, 3.89M)

> Arcanine, a Charizard substitute
> Alakazam, trade evo from a Pokémon that's super annoying to catch
> Dragonite, evolution of rare as shit Safari-only mon
> Jolteon, the one that's not Raichu or Pikachu
> Venusaur, everyone's least-favorite starter
Gyarados is literally the only one that's somewhat 'universal', and even that one's not easy to train.
Literally who made this?

>Also need to have 2 water Pokemon for Surf and Waterfall
why? are you autistic? you can't use just one water pokemon for both moves?

>Rhydon
Who?

>people still think fly is necessary
Why?

Johto has exactly the same Fly users early on as Kanto + Noctowl + Crobat + Togetic.

My last kanto team was Charizard, Butterfree, Parasect, Flareon, Mr.Mime, and Lickitung because I just don't give a fuck.

i like lapras and snorlax!!

People don't realize that when you're just playing the main game you can make any pokemon work if you level them up. You can make a unique team in every game you're just faggots who don't want to leave your comfort zone.

Attached: 1650812991752.png (300x300, 186.96K)

Charitard
Sneedoking
Wigglytuff
Snorlax
Hitmonlee
Kabutops
Hell yea brother best team

I've beaten fire red 5 times and never used any of these pokemon.

>yeah, I hate how regions like Johto and Sinnoh force you to basically use the same mons in every playthrough
They don't. I keep seeing memes about how everybody used an Ampharos in Johto and a Staraptor in Sinnoh and I never had those on my team, along with the other Pokemon that supposedly everyone used.

>Johto
You mean just Sinnoh because of the awful implementation of HMs. You can tell me Bib wasn't a mainstay on your team but I will know you are lying

Actually, I have only used Charizard in the Kanto games so I wouldn't know. But if not for Charizard, I would use Dodrio
The only good water Pokemon in the game are Lapras and Gyarados, both of which can be found as static encounters.

Even if you pick Charizard he couldn't even learn Fly in the original games.

Charizard was weird in Gen 1. Couldn't learn Fly in R/B (though it could in Yellow) and it was actually weak to Ice since Fire didn't resist it back then

>>yeah, I hate how regions like Johto and Sinnoh force you to basically use the same mons in every playthrough
Only retards have this issue

I would never use any of these except Venusaur when Starmie exists.

Attached: 1649302144905.jpg (474x473, 26.21K)

recent playthrough. Yes, I did abuse X items on Farfetch'd to sweep Lance.

Attached: League Champions.png (473x289, 20.02K)

Sinnoh is the only region where I find there to be any noticeable limitations with teambuilding, and even that is alleviated in platinum to be a nonissue

Dratini is by far the easiest Safari mon to catch, since you fish for it and don't have to waste steps to get another shot at catching one.

I swept it with Charizard, Electabuzz, Scyther, Hitmonchan, Ditto and Aerodactyl.

OP is a silly goose.

I don't think that there's a single Pokemon of the original 150 that's exclusive to Kanto, not even Mewtwo.

I used to walk around with my Dragonite so much, I thought about teaching it Fly so that I could finally box my Noctowl and just solo the game with Dragonite. There's good Fly users in the game. You might want to have 2 Water-types for Surf and Whirlpool, but giving the Red Gyarados Waterfall is a smart move because it also learns Dragon Dance. If you set up Dragon Dance once or twice, the Red Gyarados will cut a swath through the Elite Four, especially Lance given that it also learns Ice Fang.

Bibarel is based though.

Why Texas? I like how it sounds, I'm just curious.

There is a Par(i)s Texas

oh

Daaamn the game with the least mons has the least options...

You can do this with literally any Gen.

>Skarmory
>Crobat
>Quagsire
>Xatu
>Ampharos
>Ursaring
>Donphan
>Miltank
>Jumpluff
>Lanturn
>Octillery
>Espeon
>Umbreon
>Granbull
>Noctowl
>Piloswine
>Smeargle
>Wobbuffet
>Shuckle

>nooooooo some of those Pokemon have below 500bst
Not my fault you’re so shit at the game that you can’t win unless you have a full team of 500bst+ mons.

>Arcanine
>Venusaur
>Jolteon
>Gyarados
Some dangerously based taste

For autism reasons, I do not play with Dragonite in the Johto games

The closest you can get to a "generic Kanto team" is your Starter, Speedrun Nidoking, a backup Psychic, a Thunder Waving Speedy Electric Type, a powerful Normal Type and whatever Legendary you used your Master Ball on.

I get sinnoh but people really say that about johto?
Pokemon distribution chugs ass but I can still form a unique team pretty easily.

Johto kind of forces you to use shitmons regardless of playthrough.
Sinnoh has a cookie cutter team practically fed to you and forces you to purposely avoid cliche picks.
What I haven't been able to figure out is kalos being the most diverse region but everyone ends with the same team anyways.

Fair enough.

this, i only ever use pokemon that look cool and level the shit out of them. ill even have multiple types on my team

> Look at my team so cool and le contrarian

Fuck you

>ill even have multiple types on my team
i just realized that my autism would never let me do this

>new Pokemon game
>look up the ace mon of every major character
>deliberately don't use them on my team
It's the simple things.

Attached: jamesmile.png (498x258, 154.84K)

Based.

I don't even know how someone could think Kanto has limited options

Attached: PXL_20220513_011501109~2.jpg (2511x1740, 1.52M)

For me, it's:

>Nidoking
>Primeape
>Butterfree
>Rhydon
>Dugtrio
>Raichu
>Lapras
>Cloyster
>Pidgeot
>Fearow
>Charizard
>Venusaur
>Victreebel
>Kadabra
>Hypno
>Arcanine

Lol super annoying to catch Abra? I've caught a ton of them by just slinging a great ball

>He doesn't use SAILOR or MILES

zNo it didn't , you all were just dumbfuck zoomers. After avoiding pokemon for 7 years I got ranger as a gift and decided to give it a go again. I went in with the mentality that the real game begins at stadium
>BLISSEY
>infernape
>manphy
>honchcrow
>starraptor
>azumaril
>garchomp
>alakazam
>garchamp
>gyrados
>drifblim
>heracross
>bronzong
>snorlax (got fucking lucky)
>spiritomb (Was a bitch to get)

So I got a bunch of these niggas to lvl 50. I then read about smogon, I went to college, and I never really picked it up again. IDK man,.

Also for Johto
>Typhlosion
>umbreon
>crobat
>porygon 2
>miltank
>lanturn
>politoed
>hitmontop
>skarmory
>donphant
>>kingdra
and my dudes from gen 1

It was all about STADIUM,

Attached: 1423979955669.gif (498x828, 240.53K)

RB are the only games I can think of where the kids I knew playing at the time DIDN'T have similar teams. but you wouldn't know. You're just baiting.

This!

Literally any set of pokemon with 3 offensive moves, maybe 4, and more than two neurons and you can get through almost any normal game

>no Gengar
>no Ninetales
>no Aerodactyl
>no Tangela
>no Chansey
>no Blastoise
OP is a FAGGOT

You don't have to use a single one of those. Even if you were going for a powerful / optimal team possible you could still opt for the likes of Gengar, Starmie, Slowbro, Tauros, Exeggutor, Rhydon, Omastar, Kangaskhan etc. If there's one thing Kanto doesn't have a problem with it's distribution.

Well, I mean, it kind of shows how dishonest you are, as this is a clear exemple of how the johto pokémon are all mostly worse compared to the Kanto ones.