You DO pick the canon player character, right?

You DO pick the canon player character, right?

Attached: hildasisters.png (2198x984, 2.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UKmY7tN--mY
mynintendonews.com/2021/08/11/pokemon-masters-ex-adds-the-ability-for-pokemon-to-dynamax/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Spinoff

does the reality that the male is always canon actually bother people?

>the male is always canon
Besides gens 4 and 8.

Masters has it rather split
>Red is undeniably the MC, with him being attributed with everything the player character does in FRLG
>It's rather unclear with Gen 2 as Silver recognizes Ethan as his rival, but Lyra mentions fighting Red in top of Mt. Silver
>Brendan is Norman's son, while May is Burch's daughter making the former the MC
>Lucas is Rowan's assistant, confirming Dawn as the MC
>Multiple references directly state Hilbert as the MC
>Not really sure if Nate and Rosa have anything attributed to them outside of Rosa's love for being an actor of Pokestar studios
>While not hard confirmed, Calem mentions both not wearing a hat until recently and how quiet Serena was he he first met her, clearly nudging in the fact that Serena is the MC
>Neither Gen 7 protagonist have anything attributed to them
>Gloria has Zacian while Hop owns Zamazenta making Gloria the clear MC

The male has not been canon since customization became a thing.
The female player gets the most customization, the most focus in marketing and is the one that gets to be in the Anime.
Before it, i'd call 3 canon because Norman is her dad in the animu too. 4 and 5 because they are basically clones of the mother.

Basically only gens 1 and 2 have males as the canon player.

Yes.
Repost because I wanted to change the file name

Attached: victorsistersahieee.png (720x437, 905.77K)

>>Not really sure if Nate and Rosa have anything attributed to them outside of Rosa's love for being an actor of Pokestar studios
Rosa indirectly mentions Hugh as her rival in an event when Marnie debuted in the game so she’s probably the MC.
>>Neither Gen 7 protagonist have anything attributed to them
Elio is said to have been recognized by Kukui in his bio and one of his evolution stories has Gladion explicitly said to be his rival.

Nate is the NPC you team up with during the submas challenge. Rosa is definitely the MC

>The female player gets the most focus in marketing

Attached: elioshow.png (2119x726, 2.79M)

women are property and shouldn't be in shows or outside the house of her owner.

Smart man

>Gloria and Selene get figures and merch while the male MCs get nothing
hmm

low effort bait

What's a girl gonna do with a boy figure, stuff it up their vagina?

Everyone knows only coomers buy figures.
Or are you gonna argue Selene is more popular than Red cause she has more figures?

do you people shove figures up your ass? wtf?

Okay fine then, pee on them? Are they gonna pee on them? Because they certainly can't coom on them. Dolls are for boys.

No, i don't give a fuck.

This was decided before the games had even come out.
youtube.com/watch?v=UKmY7tN--mY

There's no such thing as a "canon protagonist" except for Red in a franchise that strictly runs on multiple universes and variable timelines of those universes.

N name drops Hilbert and Alder as the one who helped him see the error of his ways in Ghetsis' story event

My source is masters. I know this video exists but it's fair to think that TPC changed their mind after ten years and thanks to social media they know female protagonists are more marketable. All they want is money. I am sorry user

That's stopped long ago. Like Calem and Selena where Selena is the MC in masters but Calem is the MC in generations and stuffs.

Attached: 12-21-22-022.png (1280x720, 600.45K)

>in short words coomers are now the pokemon target audience
I hate this timeline

There is no such thing as canon protag

Yes, because every male is canon. Pokemon is a shounen series and it's main demographic are boys.

This is the case. Male are always the MC in animatons, promos, cards, etc. The only exception being the gacha where some MCs are females. But I suppose that came with the business.…But then again, you have to wonder why don't they just make every MCs females in gacha then?

>it's main demographic are boys.
Not anymore.

>Male are always the MC in animatons, promos, cards, etc.
Except Evolutions literally split the roles, 4 female 4 male MCs

No. They never do all. They are trying to have an even split.
>Male are always the MC in animatons, promos, cards, etc.
This is not true. Even the post you replied to, in Pokemon evolutions, Calem is the MC in XY episode but Lillie episode has ultra chicken.

>Picking the male after gen 4
LMAO

Hilbert's design clears all of the pedobait girls protags and hotheaded retard protags easily eyes closed

That reminds me, we still haven't seen Victor yet

>>Picking the female ever

Doesn'g Nate allude to fighting Ghetsis and almost getting hit by Kyurem's Glaciate in one of the events?

Playing as women? What are you? A tranny?

You just know

You can't be a canonfag without acknowledging Pokemon's multiverse.

I'm always the girl unless I play red or silver. I also played ruby, pearl, black, y, moon and shield.

Attached: 縛られたセクシーなパンティー.png (495x333, 211.11K)

Hop sucks ass. The opposite gender character should have been the rival.

mynintendonews.com/2021/08/11/pokemon-masters-ex-adds-the-ability-for-pokemon-to-dynamax/

Attached: gloria victor.png (544x572, 412.22K)

Only "people" like this

Attached: 1652218137053.png (800x495, 480.72K)

Seething

Attached: 1637272528119.png (1000x1524, 1.1M)

>and is the one that gets to be in the Anime.
Yeah, because in the anime, Ash is the canon hero of each region. The fact that the female PCs get to travel with Ash is because they don't overlap with his role as canon hero, meaning the female PCs aren't the canon hero.

wrong picture

No. It's actually the correct one

based

why is that? What is this picture meant to convey

we already knew Dawn was the MC because she mentioned Barry being her neighbor

>no, i'm not a cumskull, i'm canon111
This cope will never not be funny. Only trannies pick the girl and insist they're correct. This shit gets made primarily for little boys (as evidenced by Greninja being the shillmon of Gen 6 due to EVERY little Japanese boy for the ages of 6 to 66 thinking frogs are cool and ninjas are kino).
Until they actually start shilling this shit to girls over boys, the female MC will never be canon, even if the side offering split the difference to not piss off america.

cute couple

Attached: 87983798.png (337x600, 365.13K)

This

This.

There is no single canon

>taking gacha shit as canon
why pokemon fans are so stupid?
I never seen another fanbase that takes a coomer trash app as canon

How would a decision informed by dev intent at the time of a game's release be less legitimate than a corporate decision made 10 years after the fact, most likely without consulting anyone who worked on the original game.

pokémon as an entity is even worse than mobileshit nowadays, so stop being so smug about being ignorant

>braindead is calling me ignorant when he's talking about something that doesn't exist
keep writing those canon headcanons inside your head, schizo

Attached: ESHZvmrUYAAUB51.jpg (1919x1080, 263.53K)

Beauty and the beast

Attached: 94359723_p0.jpg (1000x789, 911.55K)

>meaning the female PCs aren't the canon hero.
Dawn's mother confirm her as the DP MC in the anime.

keep saying it. you can't unwrite those stories

I don't hate Bede.

Stupid reasoning when they let them have the canon PokeMom of that gen.
The female character is the typically the game rep being introduced into the anime. Ash has only ever been a fill in for Red and no one else. Now his role is being the Anime Protagonist joining with the canon Game Protagonist. When it's not the game protagonist it's usually a gym leader.

Yeah, the problem is that none of the female trainers that join Ash even try to do the gym challenge, Ash is the one who does them.
Hardly reflective of their game counterparts, isn't it?

Gacha games are where Nintendo is putting the most effort. They have fan service, good gameplay, and excellent art. I'm having more fun with FEH and Masters than I ever did with modern FE and Pokémon games. Instead of being a close minded retard, just give them a try.

Because they aren't telling the story of two people traveling together and beating gyms at the same time so usually the female with Ash requires another goal for storytelling and usually that goal relates to another feature showcased in the games that gen.

I played masters extensively and I didn't enjoy it because I'm not a pedo/waifufag

Was thinking about about FEH though. Anyway I'm talking about canon here

But you don't progress the game by doing contests, you progress by doing gyms.
Seems like Ash is the stand-in for the protagonist in every gen.

The point I'm making is that true fans have transitioned into playing their favorite franchise's gachas over their shitty mainline console entries. Of course we are going to take the true continuation of the video games canon seriously.

Because it's the Anime where you can't have two protagonists running through the gyms at the same time. Who ever it is acts as the gen's official rep which is usually the female player who also gets that gens official PokeMom.

Why is he so tall? Looks like a grown man there

He is grown. Calem and Serena are the oldest protags in the series. I forgot how old, but they're over 16.

Hop was cool. I am glad we got him instead of the usual boring counterpart whose personality is worse than a blank NPC.

And also the character designer for evolutions wanted them to look as edgy as possible, therefore they look older

They are trans or female

MCs are
>Red
>Ethan
>Brendan
>Dawn
>Hilbert
>Rosa
>Serena
>Gloria

The opposite gender MCs have some traits that the actual MC has. Lyra says she battled Red, but she also says her grandparents run a daycare, she has a Marill, and her starter is weak to Ethan. Leaf is from Pallet Town and visited the Sevii Islands (so did Red), but she's treated as an acquaintance of Red and Blue rather than a rival like they treat each other, and her starter is strong to Blue's. Kris seemed to go through a lot of Crystal's unique events like meeting Suicune. May is explicitly said to be Birch's daughter, but her starter is weak to Brendan's despite her being the rival. Dawn is neighbors with Barry, but she has the starter strong to his. Lucas is Rowan's assistant. Hilda is battle crazy and doesn't know N personally, so she's the Battle Subway partner. The Battle Subway is alluded to many times with Nate, but he also seems to be friends with N and has strong feelings over what Team Plasma did in Unova. Rosa mentions having met Iris on her travels. Calem is the rival because he uses Meowstic and references what he said to Shauna and going it alone. Elio and Selene both have quite a few traits suggesting they're the protagonist with nothing definitive confirming or denying. No Victor yet, but Gloria is pretty much the protagonist.

Elio and Selene are basically inseparable twins

I’d say Elio is the protagonist given that his Dex entry bio mentions being acknowledged by Kukui and Gladion being his rival

He's doing the fandom edge Red pose

>forgeting about FGO
but again fate began as a coomer shit

FGO is the new main canon, I've heard.

Dawn and Rosa are canon, though.

He also has a dialogue about helping Lillie while Selene just talks about Pokerides

Attached: Screenshot_20220513-145623_Pokmon Masters EX.jpg (1080x2340, 878.27K)

>the canon player character
The female player? Yes. Everyone know's that m*les can't be good Pokemon trainers.

t. Hiker

Seethe. The only canon male protag was in Gen 1 & 2.

GLORIACHADS KEEP WINNING!

Attached: Gloria & Marnie5.jpg (1068x841, 122.99K)

Your mother should have aborted you

So if Gloria is canon MC, and she canonically gets Zacian that means the canon game is Sword and the canon gym leaders are Bea, and Gordie?

we don't have Gordie yet but it lines up nicely
Allister doesn't introduce himself as a Gym Leader too

Attached: Intro.jpg (1080x489, 100.33K)

>Shotachuds lost
Based.

The canon protag is the name of each game.
And isn't Serena even taller than Calem?

Tall girl shorter boy ship best ship