Give me one good reason this fucker has the same catch rate as fucking Mewtwo

Give me one good reason this fucker has the same catch rate as fucking Mewtwo

Attached: beldum-256x256.png (256x256, 40.83K)

digadiga

he's based

actual used goods in its initial game

It's a living supercomputer that tampers with the pokeball's catch rate.

was this a shake weight?

Magnetic resonance increases the pokeballs instability making catch rate lower than it would be for more standard pokemon.

Because he's better than Mewtwo

Poorly-made attempt to deter cheaters from spawning in Wild Beldum, Metang or Metagross by making it incredibly difficult to catch, all the while forgetting cheaters can simply hack in Master Balls.
And then they forgot to shift the value in Gen 4 onward and we're still suffering because of it whenever they decide to make the line appear in the wild.
GameFreak had varying degrees of ideas about anti-cheat measures that could usually be foiled with additional cheats, like how you can disregard the fact Mew and Deoxys in FRLG and Emerald are hard-coded to be untradable and never obey by simply cheating in their respective Event Items and catching them from their respective locations, the game will deem it legitimate and you can be on your merry way.
Gen 2 had this sort of thing too where attempting to force encounters with the Legendary Birds usually required Master Balls since they had a 50% chance to flee every turn even though there's no reason they should have that when they don't show up legitimately as encounters at all.

You're only meant to use master balls on Pokemon like Tentacruel and Fearow.

>be me
>back in gen 4
>learn about chaining in Pokemon Platinum
>buy the max number of normal Pokeballs
>chain Beldum and catch them all in normal Pokeballs, including some shinies

The catch rate is dumb, but it's literally just a battle of attrition. Throw the balls until one works.

Are you sure the line of thought wasn't "this is a rare Pokemon let's make it hard to catch" in both cases? Like, yeah, it's a bit absurd, but so was Febass for like two generations. And the generation after Beldum they had fucking Munchlax honey trees.

>like how you can disregard the fact Mew and Deoxys in FRLG and Emerald are hard-coded to be untradable and never obey
Is that true? This is the first I’ve ever heard of it.

Because they intentionally give giftmons low catch rates and because they don't like changing things like that. It's the reason why starters also do still have low catch rates despite being available in the wild in more and more games

I don't doubt you did this since the wild Beldums in Platinum are above Level 50 and not likely to kill themselves but how would you even go about doing this in games where they are low level? That sounds like an actual practical application for Funbro which is interesting.

Fpbp

Attached: Digadig_Chieftain.png (184x252, 4.99K)

>starters also do still have low catch rates despite being available in the wild
wait what?

Because it’s better than Mewtwo

you will throw 70 pokeballs at it and you will enjoy it

Thanks Professor Oak!

its magnets protect it

>And then they forgot to shift the value in Gen 4 onward and we're still suffering because of it whenever they decide to make the line appear in the wild.

They did at least replace Take Down with Tackle in SwSh onwards so Beldum can no longer kill itself with ease. Still they didn't bother touching the catch rate even then, yeah.

Ghost mon to negate Take Down recoil, high defense rock or steel mon to minimize recoil, paralyze or sleep to minimize recoil chances and make it easier to catch.

psychic type