ITT: Unexpectedly high/low stats

This is a really specific thread theme but I somehow always overlooked the example i'm starting the thread with, so I thought it was interesting. Dump any fun stat related fact here.
Starting the thread with Lugia. Its near universal use of bulky sets ever since the dawn of time, but even moreso since Multiscale in Gen 5, may have made you forget about it, but Lugia actually has Base 110 Speed. Maybe you thought it was just lumped with a large amount of Box Legends that sit between 90 to 100 Base Speed, but it's faster than that.

Attached: 1647275546430.png (1280x1280, 420.55K)

I thought you were about to tell us you were surprised that lugia has high stats

Never realized how high the Hitmons’ Special Defense were

Abra has 105 Spackattack and 90 speed.
Most shitmons would only dream of having offensive stats that good, let alone in the first of 3 stages

Lotta first stage gen 1 Pokémon are super minmaxed, like geodude having 100 defense and 80 attack and shit everything else
It’s crazy how many starters I associate with one attacking stat actually have the other attacking stat at a respectable level

Onix and Wurmple have the same base attack
Kartana and Ferrothorn have the same base defense

Gen 1 Privilege strikes again

Blastoise is faster than all gen 7 starters.

Krabby has a whopping base 105 Attack, which is actually higher than that of Dracovish's.

Another fun fact, more sad than anything and tapping a bit into theorycrafting: Electivire's Adamant Banded Wild Charge does less damage than Adamant Raichu's Banded Volt Tackle. For reference, Electivire has Base 123 Attack, and Raichu has Base 90 Attack. Electivire's Adamant Banded Wild Charge actually does precisely the same damage as if Raichu had Base 80 Attack, using Volt Tackle.

Attached: 1629793112109.png (1280x1280, 973.1K)

Durant has a weird distribution

Attached: Untitled.png (758x269, 15.27K)

>starters I associate with one attacking stat actually have the other attacking stat at a respectable level
It makes sense because starters are intended to be user friendly whereas their alternatives would be more specialized.

>tfw your prey item obliterates your 85/66/66 bulk with a Hustle Rock Slide

>magikarp has 70 speed

Caterpie is faster than the pokemon based on a railgun which pisses me off the more I think about it

Attached: 600px-738Vikavolt.png (600x600, 154.18K)

Who cares about its speed? It's fine in dynamax but ... It just gets sniped by a fucking tailwind prankster or some shit if that's your sole reliance.

Makes since because Volt Tackle has 120 BP while Wild Charge has 90. That's a 30 BP difference. Should Wild Charge no longer be exclusive to the Pichu line? Yes.

Electivire is as bulky as Weavile too.

>Butterfree has the same Spa as Suicune
>Farfetch’d has more Attack than Charizard

Charizard is meant to be a special attacker. It's like saying that Slowbro has a higher Special Attack than Tyrantrum when the latter is a physical attacker.

>Who cares about it's speed. [...] It just gets sniped when the opponent uses a turn to buff his teams speed
user... lower base speeds can mean things getting sniped even without tailwind.

Trapinch has a higher Attack than Vibrava and the same Attack as Flygon.

Attached: flygon family stats.png (1878x1280, 149.02K)

This is one a lot of people probably know, but Xerneas and Yveltal have identical stats across the board despite being so different in terms of how they're actually used.

Attached: xerneas and yveltal stats.png (1990x851, 97.73K)

>assume this is just a edit
>look it up, it's real
>look up other box legends out of curiosity
>realize only now that they all have similar & swapped stats
how retarded do i have to be to miss this when its so obvious?

Attached: legend.png (1779x813, 189.48K)

Pretty retarded

I always thought Whitney's Miltank was fast, but it turns out that this fat fuck cow has 100 base speed. She's got more base speed than most legendary pokemon.
Yeah, the hitmons were big winners of the special split.

Attached: poke_icon_0241_000_fo_n_00000000_f_n.png (112x112, 11.4K)

>they all have similar & swapped stats
Not all of them.
Zacian's stats are more minmaxed than Zamazenta's.

Attached: box legendary stats.png (2078x1870, 701.94K)

the title screen of Silver hints that Lugia is fast
A lot faster than Ho-Oh anyway

Attached: 1640331657776.gif (500x226, 628.08K)

One I remember learning recently is that Rhydon really has pretty insane stats. 130 attack then evolves to 140 as Rhyperior. Offense isn't my first thought with that line but they have it.
Also, for some reason Rhydon and Mr. Mime's stats are pretty close mirrors of each other, just with about 10 more points in everything for Rhydon.

Charizard's special stat is only 85 in Gen 1, he got a nice buff from the special stat split (went up +24)

Attached: file.png (948x213, 20.32K)

>Spackattack
made me laugh

I can't stress enough how sexy Lugia 130Def / 154SpDef is to me

it's not mainline but PMD is an endless source of weird "base stats." Every pokemon has a set stat total at level 1 and set levelups, many of which make zero sense (like Rampardos's best stat being special attack while having shit Attack). My favorite fucked up bit is this comparison.

Suicune's level 1 stats:
Hp: 45
Att/Sp Atk: 7
Def/Sp Def: 4

Smoochum's level 1 stats:
HP: 30
Att: 12
Sp Atk: 10
Def: 12
Sp Def: 10

outside of HP, Suicune's weaker than a baby.

>Jigglypuff has the same HP as Entei and more than every single fully evolved starter
>Vikavolt is not only slower than Grubbin, but also has less Attack and Defense than Charjabug
>Centiskorch is the only non-UB Bug type to get to base 100HP, and even then it's the second highest HP stat of any Bug type to said UB, Buzzwole - Bug types just typically have low HP in general
>Alola's regional early mammal has the same Attack stat as its pseudolegend
>thanks to having the same Special Defense and slightly more HP, Mantyke is specially bulkier than Mr. Mime

Where did you find the base stats for PMD?

>Suicune weaker then a baby
The hell? How does that make sense? Does Suicune gain more stats during level ups or something?

I had to look that up because I didn't believe you. Why the fuck does a big bulky looking monster like Electivire have those stats?

Attached: 1448709011318.gif (285x285, 1.67M)

you can open the ROM in Skytemple and look at each pokemon's stats, same with levelup stats. If there's any you're curious about I could check them.
Legendaries in general sort of suck in Explorers of Sky, the best you'll really get is max IQ Jirachi and Palkia, but that's not what this thread's about. Speaking of weird stats, level 1 Tauros has the worst defenses i've ever seen.

Attached: defenseless.png (256x384, 16.67K)

I’d like to know the stats for the starters then.

>1 def
Holy shit, how does it even battle?

Lugia is more compatible than Vaporeon.
There, I said it.

Starters generally have higher than average stats, at least in the levelup department. They generally range around 20hp and 2-5 in a stat at level 1, but get +2-3 per levelup for awhile. None of them are really worth commenting on.
What is worth commenting on is Spiritomb's starting stats. It takes forever to level up but this is what you get to start. Kecleon's coming next.

Attached: ggfd.png (472x324, 22.86K)

Kecleon starts out totally unusable. 1 in every stat, even hp, takes like 15k exp to level up even a single time, and then at one point it gets these levelups. Probably the best example of what this thread is about

Attached: kec.png (643x657, 49.24K)

why couldnt electivire be good, its one of my favorite mons why is he such a dissapointment

>>Vikavolt is not only slower than Grubbin, but also has less Attack and Defense than Charjabug
what the actual fuck were they thinking

What?

Because you'd have to bloat it up to a pseudo-level BST to have it actually make sense. Bit of a tragedy there

What the fuck?

Dude...

>Zacian is by far the most broken legendary they've ever made
>Zamazenta is one of the worst, to the point it was tested for OU
What were they thinking?

I'll never forget one of my first playthroughs of Red. The moment I saw Brock's Onix I decided thatI had to get one. Since all his damage came from Bide, I didn't notice how his Tackle did no damage whatsoever.

So when I got to Rock Tunnel I spent a long time hunting one, and catching one with regular Pokéballs was hell, but I eventually got one. I remember slapping some of my best TMs (Body Slam, Dig) on him. Then I noticed he did like no damage to anything and checked his stats. Yeah, dat attack.

Attached: file.png (475x475, 159.21K)

If Vikavolt had Speed Boost but started slow, it'd be perfect designwise. It's pretty clearly a Vic Viper from Gradius, and those start out slow as fuck but end up ridiculously fast.

It actually has hands, so it can jerk you off.

He also can only be befriended using a few specific pokémon that have a IQ skill that increases the befriend rate by a almost negligible amount, if the pokémon is at Lv. 100 and equipped with the friend bow, and even then the befriend rate is like 0.1% chance.

You're not supposed to have them, but having a non-playable Pokémon wouldn't fit with the series motto.

Attached: mudkip.jpg (1032x774, 93.75K)

Because while Zacian was based off King Arthur, Zamazenta was based off pic related

Attached: e3ak9ih4o5j21-3302969204.png (824x1313, 1.24M)

No surprise there

Attached: BsJ1.gif (500x309, 842.45K)

Cinderace is bulkier than Camerupt.
80/75/75 to 70/70/75

>It’s crazy how many starters I associate with one attacking stat actually have the other attacking stat at a respectable level
It's so if Little Timmy just teaches his starter a move it will still hit hard. If anything the Gen 8 starters are too min/maxed in this regard. My son ended up putting his Cinderace in the PC for a while because "it's not strong" and I had to explain to him to only use physical moves; "the ones with the star, not the circle."

Its speed means it can outspeed most restricteds after tw peters out, or, it can max and get one or two airstreams off and just outspeed them under tw anyways. Also Lugia has the bulk to just take the hit first turn, use airstream and then outspeed turn two.

Octillery is literally better Camerupt

Attached: mogged.png (648x748, 43.83K)

Purugly and Miltank outspeed Rayquaza.

Tangrowth actually has some pretty nutty attacking stats, equal to even strong legends like torn-t.

forgot image

Attached: tangrowth and torn.png (1284x599, 84.84K)

This little bugger has 125 base speed.

Attached: 743Ribombee.png (1280x1280, 778.83K)

it always bothered me that zamazenta gets slower with its armor but zacian gets faster with its armor

Here's one that always throws people off: Purugly's highest stat is its 112 speed

Poor Camerupt.

Tangrowth only need Special Defence to be perfect.

>has the highest special defense of all Electrics, at 110
For some reason I'd have thought there'd be more specially defensive Electrics.

Attached: Eie6m9KVkAAtSmO.png (900x735, 626.07K)

it's so weird that Abra has such high special attack considering that, 99% of players won't even be able to utilize it in any ingame playthrough.

Both Electavire and magmortar have really low HP for how big they are

And octillery is damp garbage

Not weird if you play competitive but Scyther has the same BST as Scizor, just a faster, less bulky spread

>b-but copper is a soft!
it is a fucking METAL

Attached: paperajah.png (600x300, 148.52K)

Drifblum actually has one of the best HP stats in the series, tied with slaking and giratina.

Attached: driflblum.png (1126x265, 32.96K)

Sewaddle is protected by maternal love.

WHY DO THEY HATE ZAMAZENTA SO MUCH I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Attached: 6633920103339.jpg (800x711, 49.28K)

I look at drifblim and see HP. HP mons usually look like that

Ribombee SHREDS through SM and USUM, it almost borders on not being funny. Almost. A speedster with serviceable Special Attack, featuring a fair selection of strong Special Moves to choose from. May not seem so great on paper, but it is a beast in that game. Wonder how it fairs in SwSh.

hahaha oh man that poor sod

Reminder that Camerupt probably could've been good if they let it keep Simple from Numel instead of replacing it with Solid Rock.

BEHOLD!

Attached: ass vest.png (256x256, 14.11K)

They don't hate Zamazenta.
They just love Zacian and want it to have as little competition as possible.