What is the best hedge against inflation and why is it trading cards

What is the best hedge against inflation and why is it trading cards

Attached: 1576052122922.jpg (1284x2256, 497.34K)

TCG volume is down bad, prices are okay though. Somehow not surprisingly the richfags (me) with $25k cards don't sell them because the economy doesn't affect us

Nostalgia sells, simple as. I find video games to be a great hedge as well.

when I was a kid I bought 4 sealed original pokemon trading card booster boxes. I can't remember because this was 2 decades ago, but I think when I "grew out" of pokemon I threw my binders of cards in the trash.

The same happened to my magic the gathering cards from the same era.

Probably at the very least 20+ grand of cards if not more because honestly I don't remember anything about my magic the gathering collection or what cards I had, but these were cards from the early 2000s so who knows what I could have had.

and I threw them out because I didn't care for it anymore.

I did something similar with my entire nintendo DS collection, as well as my game boy advance games. Those I probably could have had at least a few grand from today if I kept them. At least I still have all my gamecube, ps2 and original xbox games.

Attached: 100030298392832.jpg (720x696, 56.14K)

thank you for helping to burn supply. that is exactly why they are so expensive - there are many times more people with your story than people with the "HODL'd mint condition cards in a binder" story

I'd like to thank my parents for being frugal and teaching me to never throw out stuff that I had paid good money for. The financial and nostalgic pain of dumping stuff like that....sorry fren

Yo when are my pogs and crazy bones gonna moon?

>censored no cleavage version
worthless

Attached: 51Hi2tnqF2L._AC_.jpg (349x500, 39.17K)

my moms church friends burned my yugioh cards because they believed it was satanic

Attached: 1629309757344.jpg (657x527, 35.5K)

How are old baseball cards doing? Nostalgia only sells as long as the are still people that are nostalgic.

They're selling at pandemic levels still. Just hodl.

I'm surprised it's going for that much, usually Yugioh cards don't have retarded prices like that. I can understand a promotional card like the Summoned Skull sample card that was given out to card shops being worth that much, but the card in the OP is from a regular set, it just happens to be a rare card from that set. There's probably some kind of money laundering scheme going on here.

I used to have a nearly complete set of the first series of Pokemon cards that one of my rich friends gave me during elementary school for my birthday, though only some of them were first editions. Most of the holographic cards were in awful condition though, likely from spending time on the playground. Sometimes I wish I still had them for last year's Pokemon card boom, but at the same time I know that due to their condition most of the cards I have were likely worthless to collectors.

Attached: summoned sample.png (400x580, 552.68K)

What cards do you have? My rarest is a PSA 10 Brady Rookie with a 10 auto.

its literally everything except fiat

DMG has always had a waifu price tag increase.

Personally I am bearish on baseball long term. I don’t think it appeals to the younger millennial and gen-z masses the way that Pokémon or Nintendo does.

>asks a question
>already knows the answer and responses to it

I hate meme culture so fucking much.

Attached: 151B503D-B12B-4222-AEAE-2D16EA4F8132.jpg (399x384, 11.21K)

early yugioh cards were so kino.

I've been in love with this girl since I was 12.

Anyone thinks that modern sealed boxes (YGO as well as MtG and pkmn) will hold value for the next decade?

Probably, not as much as the original ones from the early 2000s but will likely double in 10 years.

They double the second they are out of print

Depends what era of cards you had. Early 90s junk wax stuff is worth the least of any era.
I’ve personally and bullish on all of sealed Pokémon and magic, however there are some sets and products that will go up a lot more than others. Evolving Skies the Pokémon set is going to be crazy expensive in the future because of how Jam packed with fan favorite cards it is. And the newest magic set, double masters, that set is going to fetch insane prices in as little as a year.

Double from their current price.