How much does someone living in America and making $100k per year take home after taxes...

How much does someone living in America and making $100k per year take home after taxes, health insurance and other shit?

Attached: 1654250637701.png (256x256, 95.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/cex/tables.htm
bls.gov/cex/tables/calendar-year/mean-item-share-average-standard-error/cu-income-deciles-before-taxes-2020.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

about 60-70k

>$100k
abou-
>per year
*wheeze*

it's a negative number
$100k/yr is poverty level

That's why people like me who just got hired in for 15 an hour are losing our minds.
I can't even keep my bills paid.

>got hired in for 15 an hour
You are literally cattle. Irrelevant.

>take home
kek, you are homeless with 100k salary

The exact amount will vary based on state, marital status, number of dependants, what kind of healthcare plan their employer provides (or if they are buying their own plan), and so on, but for a single person who is employed $70k or so is about right.

It’s about the same in Canada, but our money is worth less so we are double fucked.

Attached: B048E129-E421-47F5-96D7-D65578569EFF.jpg (815x1085, 101.37K)

120k nets around 80kish ,it’s so fucked

I make 140k and take home $7.2k every month

bls.gov/cex/tables.htm

Honestly, this is a pretty decent tax rate. Rough average I would say about is 27% deduction from total to net pay. In western Europe, we are talking about 35-40% taxes, plus ridiculous 20% VAT on all consumption. It's a meme here.

take home, about 2500 every paycheck (bi-weekly)

that's after taxes, health insurance contribution, 5% 401k contribution,etc.

tl;dr:
>Eighth decile of households
>Income before taxes: 109 k$
>Income after taxes: 100 k$
>Total expenses: 80 k$
>>Food: 9 k$
>>Alcohol: 580$
>>Housing: 26 k$
>>>Shelter (includes mortgage, property tax, rent, maintenance, repairs, insurance): 15 k$
>>Apparel and services: 1.7 k$
>>Transportation: 14 k$
>>Healthcare: 6.6 k$
>>>Health insurance: 4.5 k$
>>Entertainment: 4.1 k$
>Federal income taxes: 8.7 k$
>State and local income taxes: 3.0 k$
>Other taxes: 102 $

Blah, blah, blah. You can read the PDF yourself.
bls.gov/cex/tables/calendar-year/mean-item-share-average-standard-error/cu-income-deciles-before-taxes-2020.pdf

Note that the average household in this decile consists of 2.9 people, including 0.7 child under 18, 0.3 adult older than 64, and 1.8 people actually working. The average age of the head of household is 48.

I thought in the US you were doing better from this point of view.

I am eurofag but nor from europoor country. If I made 100k, I would pocket 2/3 of that (approx. As US, apparently) having access to universal Healthcare and paying for my pension.

Currently I gross the half and pocket 4/5 of the gross.

Could our US friends make a breakdown of the taxes/insurances/pension funds for a better comparison?

Just read the PDF linked here: >109 k$ before taxes
>9 k$ in federal income tax
>3 k$ in state and local taxes
>97 k$ after taxes
>10 k$ to pensions and federal Social Security (counted as "after tax" in this PDF)
>87 k$ take-home
So, call it a tax rate of 20 percent.

there are large payroll providers in the US that will literally calculate this down to cent for you including tax info. it is not simple and each and every person will be different based on their situation and the benefits their company provides and how they use those benefits. it will also vary based on their living situation (depends, housing, etc.). go to google and type in adp salary payroll calculator. unfortunately there's no way to 'auto' include typical healthcare costs or retirement contributions, but you can add them manually. A single person - filing single - with no allowances in the state of Illinois making 100K per year will take home 6000/mo ($72K/yr) before any healthcare or retirement contributions. I would say this is fairly typical throughout the US with the exception of Florida and Texas which will take home 6500/mo ($78K/yr) due to a lack of state income tax. There are also in many cases local jurisdiction taxes. I can safely say most people will take home less than 5.5K a month ($66K/yr) from a 100K salary when taking into account retirement contributions, healthcare, local taxes, and other things

Plus 5 k$ for health insurance.

If you hire a good accountant and own your own business you won’t be taxed much, maybe $18k.

>if you live in California you’re going to get railed.

>100k salary in the Midwest US and southern you can comfortably have a family of 4 and vacation every year with a stay at home wife.