Were watching the collapse of the US in real time, arent we?

finance.yahoo.com/news/10-000-offers-off-plane-113000053.html

Now is a very profitable time to book a flight, I hear.

Attached: Jesus.png (479x397, 187.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/bumping-oversales
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>le US will le collapse!

I don’t know what’s going on but I got three flights booked in august. How fucked am I?
It’s Ryanair btw

Weeks ago I told you to invest in plane tickets, but you didn't listen did you?

No memeing, they are the worst right now in delays and cancellations....pray you don't have many connections, nonstop preferred

No connecting flights. All straight flights but I do have hotels booked for the particular days. Going to London and from there to Ireland. Separate days.

>labor shortage
ok but why not just pay pilots $10k/hour overtime? airlines are taking huge losses if they arent paying pilots enough

US Tax payers (i.e. congress) gave the airines over $50 billion dollars in Covid bailout money. WTF did they spend it on?

Blackjack and hookers

Historic returns and value (payouts) for shareholders. No refunds.

Bribing people not to fly to Miami where Kenneth Cordelle Griffin's new office is.

Attached: 1656876353247.jpg (996x772, 62.09K)

>-purposely book overcrowded flights for 10k and free pizza

(((expenses))) to not get legally fucked while firing the unvaxxed pilots.

>fat retard american thinks not being able to needlessly pollute the atmosphere with his flying greyhound bus = total collapse of a country

last i checked they (the airlines that is, since its an open secret at this point that you're more likely to lose your medical cert from the vax than covid) capitulated on this bigly

They used to have board meetings with finance guys and maybe even some quants to weigh these sorts of things but then they dropped them due to budget cuts so now it's the board members and some kids who passed high school calculus in zoom call trying to reinvent the wheel they dismantled.

>OHHHH NOOO LE HECKING PLASTIC BIRD CANNOT INTO THE AIR WUT DO WE DO Any Forums NOW I CAN'T VISIT MY HECKING VIDYA CONVENTION WITH THE COMMUNIST REUNION THEME OHHHHH WHAT DO WE DO NOW. THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS SURELY GOING TO FALL OVER THIS

Attached: 164.gif (600x600, 2.21M)

How does an over booked flight even work? Literally, only sell the number of tickets in which is equal to the number of seats, I don’t understand?

some people might not show up tho. u could make more money if u oversold 5% more tickets than you have seats banking on the fact that 5% of the people on average miss their flights

>only sell the number of tickets in which is equal to the number of seats
Okay but what if we sell a little bit more than that?

>analyze the average number of cancellations per flight
>sell more tickets than seats such that on average, the flight is full
>if it's overbooked then ask for volunteers to take the next flight and compensate them
>still come out ahead over the long run, even in spite of cash compensation
transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/bumping-oversales

mutts are in deep deep denial
love it

>air travel goes from 100 to 0 overnight in 2020
>stays there for two years
>airlines start firing pilots, dumping planes to better match supply with demand
>suddenly air travel demand goes back to normal
>WTF WHY IS MY TICKET SO EXPENSIVE AND MY FLIGHT OVERBOOKED?

Also they only started offering $10k to passengers to get them to leave a flight after their old policy of picking someone at random and forcibly removing them from the plane proved to be a PR problem