Powell's Not Pivoting

>muh bear market's over, powell will pivot in July
>muh fed interest rate back to 0 by september
>muh powell just does whatever makes number go up
>muh PTB need powell to pump their bags
>muh he doesn't really care about inflation

You dumb twats really don't get it. Powell is an appointed figure, he just got reappointed, he's beholden to noone except the mandate of the fed, he wants to be remembered as not the worst fed chairman who ever lived, and he's spent the last 6 months signaling very reliably what he intends to do to accomplish that goal, which is fight inflation until it's dead. Every time he carries through with what he said he was going to do the market shits its pants because nobody can believe he was actually serious. He's not playing mind games with you, he's not going to pivot on a dime to reflate your tech stocks and memecoins. He's going to keep clearly messaging and hiking and tightening until inflation is dead, and if he has to nuke every last job and stock into the ground to get it done, then so be it.

Daddy Powell is going to violently anally devastate every last economic indicator you hold dear until inflation is under control, and he is even nice enough to telegraph where his rock hard cock is going to be months in advance so you can move out of the way and avoid getting spitroasted end to end. And yet you call it a psyop and spread your cheeks in defiance.

Attached: jpow2.jpg (1200x800, 92.66K)

Pivot from what? Have you seen the feds balance sheet? It keep growing, QE is literally still happening.

mumu gets the rope

Attached: 1656705458227s.jpg (250x248, 4.17K)

while raising rates he's trying to make a soft landing lmao. it's not gonna work

His latest language has updated to basically acknowledge that a soft landing is unlikely and that he doesn't really care if he has to crash the plane to get his job done at this point. The real problem is that he's a cutie-patoot and very softspoken, so people keep not taking him seriously and interpreting what he says as dovish or wishy-washy even though the words themselves are consistently, resolutely hawkish.

Inflation is cancelled bobo, you'll see it in the next CPI report. Try again next year.

Absolutely based. I wonder if the cia trained him in in psychological manipulation

The US will unironically default if he actually tried to fight inflation.

These retards don't understand how fucked the USD is one way or another. Let them fantasize about "killing inflation dead", they might be right for a few months and you should hold some cash in case they get their wish.

Why is that so bad? Russia defaulted, and they're still fighting their little war. That and their country is entirely cut off from the world. I think the u.s would do much better

Attached: 1655503057317.jpg (736x813, 258.46K)

Russia has a currency effectively backed by commodities, the ruble wasn't the global reserve currency.

Based
Kek because pension funds, uni endowments, sovereign nations, and households all hold US debt with the idea that it’s risk free. Hell certain institutions and banks are required by law to have a certain % of assets in treasuries. So just saying “sorry we ain’t got it” will really fuck everything up. Every financial text book would need to be rewritten as the fed funds rate is unironically referred to as the “risk free rate”

Attached: 57E05178-F99B-420C-AFA3-0190306B0DB3.png (750x1334, 1.49M)

It's risk free because the US government can, does, and will print more dollars to cover its debt.

>The US will unironically default if he actually tried to fight inflation.
If the Fed keeps raising rates it will cause cascading defaults all over the world. It would guarantee Great Depression Part II and then we'd be forced to print a ridiculous amount of money to rescue the entire world. This would create a real wave of inflation, way more serious then we have now.

Fed follows the bond market, not vice versa. And the bond market is cutting rate expectations.

They haven't even begun to sell off their assets. It's literally over when they finally pull the drain plug.

Defaults are deflationary idiot

Yeah but those dollars would be worthless if the only way to fund the liabilities is solely printing. At least at near 0 the interest expense was reasonable.
Yes
They default and since they’re too big to fail the gubbmint rescues them with injections or stimulus causing even more inflation and volatility.

And so will 2/3rds of the world. This is what happens when you encourage usury as a base model for your economy.

>babby's first recession
OH NOEZ EVERYTHING IS OVER
I hate poltards so much

>I trust the FED !
>the FED will make the US treasury default on its debt to protect the US dollar !!!
you are platinum stupid
also, QE never stopped, they added more MBS to their balance sheet in June

If any of this were true, we'd already be at a prime rate of 10%+ and he'd have already sold off all of the mbs and other shit he was holding from when they did QE. You have to be 18 to post here.

Attached: 1562959740155.jpg (428x368, 19.44K)

saved for posterity

Attached: image_2022-07-02_155858579.png (1895x596, 368.65K)

>default
Look, it's obvious the fed will raise rates again someday, but there's no reason they'll do it before they nuke inflation back to 2%. To do it earlier than that is for them to lose all credibility, at which point they lose their most important weapon, which is shaping market expectations via signaling.

raising rates feeds into CPI via increased mortgage costs, rent costs are lagging

most people have resigned to the fate of our bear market until 2024 or so. you must only be reading the eternally euphoric mumus to confirm your doomsday predictions

which is all part of the play.
> oh you need USD swap lines? well sure we can help
> we just need you to do these three things that will fuck over China
> or you could default, it's *entirely* up to you

Old info, it’s already down $1T from the peak.

How would they nuke inflation without raising rates? Maybe you meant lower rates.. and in that case, they can’t get inflation down to 2% without causing cascading defaults

Wrong, retarded, and arrogant.

Attached: F02F2817-C329-4B6A-ADE1-ADB6AD524C2F.png (828x1792, 297.83K)

>POWELL WILL PIVOT BECAUSE HE JUST HAS TO, OKAY?
>MY -RANDOM TECH GARBAGE/SHITCOINS- ARE WORTH MORE THAN THE MARKET IS VALUING THEM AT
>EVERYTHING IS OVERSOLD
>WHO CARES ABOUT DOLLARS WHEN YOU HAVE THE MARKET
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>you must only be reading the eternally euphoric mumus to confirm your doomsday predictions
No it's consistent over many platforms and forums over the last couple weeks, and market responses to powell's speeches and decisions confirms it's the majority take. Everyone things he's jawboning and don't mean what he says, nobody takes him seriously about tightening after being canonized as the money printer guy for all of '20-'21. He's cute as a button and nobody thinks a soft-spoken leprechaun could really be the harbinger of economic doom. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts wearing a freddy kreuger mask to press events to get his message across better, because I'm pretty sure he's massively pissed that he keeps saying [x] and people keep thinking he means [opposite of x] simply because [x] is scary and he's not.

How am I able to jerk off to Russian camwhores if they're entirely cut off from the world?

Attached: 4941f515fbcecad2efc948054a507942.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 113.28K)

Powell will pivot because Canadian boomers need the money for their retirement!

>t. Another retard who doesn't understand it takes months for some of these purchases to settle
Holy shit even redditors on the fucking rebubble sub understand this

the interpretation of the last house questions with Powell was nuts. Many said he's preparing to reverse back to QE. That wasn't what I heard at all.

yes my bad, I meant lower rates.

>they can’t get inflation down to 2% without causing cascading defaults
maybe, and if so, then all bets are off. But the heart of the argument remains the same, which is that there's no reason to expect powell to randomly pivot on a dime in the near future, unless inflation gets under control or if something very critical in the economy breaks. Would rates at 3-4% break something? Maybe, but not right away.