GRT vs LINK

The two projects have been integrated since 2020.
One is a framework for decentralized oracle networks (DONs)
The other one is an indexing network for dApps frontends (for now).
The indexed data from the subgraphs (APIs) is relayed to smart contracts via Chainlink oracles. The Graph alone cannot pull data from off chain.

But lately there has a belief within the Graph community that The Graph doesn't need Chainlink as it can expand beyond indexing and also work as an oracle. For example, below-linked thread from yesterday, where a stinky linky laughed at the idea of the graph becoming an oracle, but failed to provide why it wouldn't work. At the same time, he seemed to know quite a bit about The Graph, which prompted me not to dismiss his opinion outright.
warosu.org/biz/thread/S50098936

Attached: grtlink.jpg (312x150, 7.91K)

With the upcoming™ verifiable queries that are based on zero-knowledge proofs, The Graph will automate certain aspects of the protocol such as arbitration, which still needs a human to look through the disputes and decide if the indexers falsified indexed data. Verifiable queries will also allow The Graph to provide historical data on ethereum (and other chains) since ethereum nodes will no longer be storying all the data (EIP-4444). But this is a relatively small use case, comparable in scope to chainlink's price feeds.

How do verifiable queries compare to DONs? Competition?
On the surface, it seems verifiable queries can only work for data that is already on-chain. Since the Graph cannot directly pull verified data from off-chain, its use cases as an oracle seem to pale in comparison to the plethora of oracle-related use cases the Chainlink will open.

I invite stinky linkies and graphers to discuss the "the graph oracle", since I'm not very knowledgeable about either of the protocols.

But lately there has a belief within the Graph community that The Graph doesn't need Chainlink as it can expand beyond indexing and also work as an oracle.
Ok good luck.

Attached: mayTheBestManWin.png (699x700, 162.92K)

Sir, I need you to SHUT THE FUCK UP

Faggot ass GRTrannies using LINK to shill their inflated VC shitcoin. Fuck off.

Yeah well maybe chainlink will add indexing to its list of services it provides huh, it makes sense really for the enterprise abstraction layer, nice little new usecase... Stay in your lane grt or get btfo bitches

Why are the graphers so rude

>GRT vs LINK
>doesn't mention RLC

Attached: 1555394929396.png (617x499, 96.08K)

>The Graph doesn't need Chainlink
spoiler: nobody does

no shilling, just genuinely interested.. GRT has so far indeed been a VC scam price-wise. But then again, so has LINK.

Token not needed, srry sweaty

>Why are the graphers so rude
Because I haven't finished accumulating yet, and coping with the scammy price action by entertaining the idea of the graph pivoting into an DON able to replace chainlink is so fucking dumb of an idea I don't even know where to begin, especially because linkies are the only "allies" we have
So please shut the fuck up
Thank you

Ikr. I hope this thread stays alive long enough for the retards from the yesterday's grt thread who were hyping the graph as an oracle and mocking stinky linky to read it.
>muh reputation oracle will replace chainlink
Ffs grt some of the grt community can be delusional af

See

>But lately there has a belief within the Graph community that The Graph doesn't need Chainlink as it can expand beyond indexing and also work as an oracle.
Wrong again.

I’m assuming you’re the same person who said “Graph is not an Oracle” yesterday. Which an user told you was wrong.

That user is correct that you were wrong. As Brandon said the graph can be used as a reputation Oracle, a price Oracle, and probably other Oracle use cases.

That is the ******only****** thing that was said or claimed.

So where did you take it? You got pissy, left the thread, had an existential crisis over your “investment” that you pretend to understand, overstated the claim and now it’s: “haha GRTrannies think they’re creating a DON” (or whatever your LINK phrasing is). And now you’re making this thread because you’re still not over it, where you know 500 other anons who are equally as slavishly dedicated to their “””investment””” as you will quickly reference DONs, quadratic staking, pseudo-offline code, and whatever else to assure you you don’t need to do any more market research to “make it.”

The truth is neither LINK or GRT cultists have any idea how the infrastructure layer of blockchain will even play out, and repeating propaganda by the respective teams will not lead you to any new understandings.

So in conclusion, “DON” was never claimed. You’re overreacting. Stop being a faggot.

link wasn't really bought by vcs actually

>That user is correct that you were wrong. As Brandon said the graph can be used as a reputation Oracle, a price Oracle, and probably other Oracle use cases.
I'm a brainlet, what does this mean in layman terms? I suppose it still refers to on chain data? I fail to understand how the graph could be used as an oracle for off chain data...

user, i'm not him. i was actually defending the graph. But I'd like to get more info from linkies and graphers.

DON is effectively an oracle though.
Chainlink is a framework for oracles.

Nope, the Graph is a pile of shit.

Trueblocks does what the Graph does for FREE, and it does it faster, privately, locally, and is more comprehensive.

You want the best feature? THERE IS NO RENT SEEKING PIECE OF SHIT VC SCAM TOKEN. THERE IS NO TOKEN AT ALL.

The Grapher's are GONNA LOSE ALL THEIR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Yes of course it refers to on-chain data. The problem is that the term oracle is being used too liberally. Anyone can write a smart contract that check for users with commendable/condemnable on-chain actions and then rank users according to it and call it an oracle kek. (with certain time limited "innovations" - - e.g. You can lose reputation if you stop doing something or if you undo the actions) It's the graph's side project, soulbound labs.