Helpdesk Wagie Here

I'm working for Microsoft as a support agent for almost one year now, I live in third world and my salary is 50% bigger than the average income in the capital city, I live good but nothing fancy.

I have no degree, no past experience in the IT industry and I'm not even particularly passionate by this domain but it pays the bills so why not.

I have an offer to be a junior system administrator for the same salary that Microsoft offer me but there are some differences:

1) the shift, I'm now working from 5pm to 1am and the new job would be 9am to 5pm
2) the location, I'm now WFH and the sysadmin job would be in office (so money lost commuting everyday)

What do you think I should do? I'm very comfy in this WFH job but after one year I'm already tired of setting DNS, doing mailbox migrations and solving Outlook issues - I want to step up

Should I take this job offer with the goal to land a better job after 1 or 2 years? My goal is to, one day, become a devops engineer (yes I'm dreaming) so I was thinking that the sysadmin job would be a step forward compared to helpdesk..

What do you think about that please?

Thank you sir, good day sir.

Attached: help-desk-header.jpg (2000x862, 144.01K)

Good morning .

tell us stories of people being rude to you

I'd say stick with MS and see if there's any benefits that offer training and then try to level up your skills. Then try to jump up a role or move elsewhere, but at least you'll be taking a big leap forward and be able to demand more on YOUR terms.

Most of people are nice desu

This call center is a crab bucket, I have coworkers doing the same job for 10 years now and they are still support agent, not even SME or Team Leader

Honestly if you'd make significantly more capital do it for six months or a year just for resume purposes and jump ship to something better. But if it's like a 10-20 percent increase max not sure I'd do it

Do you have to do more needful or less?

0% increase

I'm not indian

>helpdesk
For all you stupid faggots that want to go into IT with no education, this is your answer. It's piss easy and as long as you're not a sperg you can make it.

Lmao fuck dude why take anything you don't need to for no raise. Tell them no unless they give you a raise

I hate third worlders so I suggest you kill yourself

because I will learn more things... The other option is to keep the WFH job and buy my personal PC in order to learn all the things a sysadmin should know

Never sacrifice WFH
Do not give up your greatest freedom
Do not give them more control of your life than the absolute bare minimum

>pic
how do i get a qt3.14 headscarf gf like that?

That's what I'm thinking too

move to UK

is it still possible to get one if I'm 5'7"?

if you are muslim yes

You can learn far more on your own if you a driven and can google / youtube. Plus you will have the time to do this with WFH, if you're in the office your time will be dedicated to their work or fucking off, you wont work on skills to better yourself.

Good mornings, sers. Even your ID is poo-colored, I see. Lord Shiva, this is a good sign.

Attached: 1650380912471.jpg (958x946, 405.78K)

jobs like to try to leverage "exposure to new things" and "opportunities to learn" in order to get workers to do more work for cheaper. The simple truth is that if you are qualified for this other role, all you have to do is simply tell them "sorry, I make slightly better wage now and would in fact be losing money by accepting because then I would also have to commute".

They would then make you a better offer (yes, telling them you make slightly more now is a lie, but don't be honest and say it's exactly the same, then they will be less likely to work with you).

If it doesn't work out, take the money you would have spent on the commute and invest it in an online training course for IT, like some basic cisco or microsoft training.

Do people actually call Microsoft for support?
I'm so used to fixing my own shit when something breaks, can't imagine myself calling Microsoft because a program or a driver crashed. Do people call them for other purposes?